Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Slowwmaroo

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Exhaust Mod

i have a 2018 Camaro RS with the dual tips so no npp sadly. i was thinking about just getting the borla atak but i’m wondering if i should do anything else or just leave it at that. i know it’s only a v6 but i would still like it sound good and like its still a camaro. if anyone can give some suggestions on what else to add or just what they did or would do if they had this exhaust would be very helpful!
Slowwmaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
If you just wire the spring loaded dampers permanently open (or better yet, remove them entirely) it will sound much better.
And it will lower back pressure across the rpm range.
Even if you have to purchase some wire and the hose clamps to do that it will cost you less than $15 and you can always reverse it if you change your mind.

It depends upon how much of an effect you are after.

Don't forget that if you are in California as your location indicates, they changed the laws here about a year and a half ago (January 2019).
Depending upon how bored an officer is they can cite you for modifying the exhaust system with excessive noise and it is no longer just a "fix it" ticket.
It is now a mandated appearance before a judge and a potential impound of your vehicle until it is fixed.
http://www.californiacarlaws.com/exhaust-noise/
So be careful about making it too loud.
And be sure to hang on to the original muffler in case you may be required to put it back on.

Last edited by DIYguy; 07-13-2020 at 02:05 PM.
DIYguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Have you looked at the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back? It's a good couple hundred bucks cheaper, and sounds just as good IMO
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote