Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-24-2016, 05:27 AM   #253
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
For me, the rinseless does save time and I'm always impressed with the results. I only have experience with DG but I maintain 3 vehicles so do a lot washing. Your missing the secret, the waffle weave towel. Buy two or three, sometimes one will be too wet by the end.
If your car is really dirty, with road salt, I would rinse it off really well first. I did this yesterday and used my electric leaf blower to mostly dry it off. Then started the rinseless process.
My suggestions are to fill your bucket with hot water, add DG, and then add your towels. Mix up real good, let it soak, clean wheels or something while those towels soak. Then float those sopping wet towels over section at a time, gently washing from top to bottom, I use one side for section, flip over and do next section. After each panel or two, start with new towel. Try to leave it "wet" as long as possible without letting it air dry. Then mist your waffle weave drying towel with the mixed DG solution and gently wipe dry.

I have three cars too, but only two to worry about for the winter as the Camaro is put away. I rinsed the car and just left the water on, didn't see much of a point in drying/blowing it off but maybe that's where I went wrong: too much water. I actually do have three waffle weave drying towels.

I'll try your suggestions, thanks.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #254
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Looking for some advice on how to apply products over my vinyl stripes. I have never had these on a car before. I am kinda worried about wiping perpendicular to the edge as I suspect over time that might cause the edge to lift.

Any tips?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #255
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm about to move into an apt building in Miami. Will for sure be doing this. I have the right stuff at home, so thats good!
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #256
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Looking for some advice on how to apply products over my vinyl stripes. I have never had these on a car before. I am kinda worried about wiping perpendicular to the edge as I suspect over time that might cause the edge to lift.

Any tips?
I have the factory rally stripes. If your doing a rinseless then you shouldn't be wiping that hard to have any effect. You should be just gliding the towel. I usually just glide my towel parallel to edge not against.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #257
JoshBrum

Drives: 2017 SS1 Chevy Camaro
What kind of microfiber cloth is best used for this? I know a bud of mine bought some from the local walmart and was using the rinse less method and they scratched his clear coat bad.
JoshBrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #258
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Glen e recommends these in his rinseless how-to documents. If these aren't available, he recommends ones with 400-600 gsm.

There is some good info on microfiber cloths in this thread.

I am using these. I've only done one rinseless wash with them so far. They seem to be fine.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #259
JoshBrum

Drives: 2017 SS1 Chevy Camaro
What brand of the rinse less do you guys thinks works the best im thinking of just trying the duragloss
JoshBrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #260
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
They are essentially all the same....buy RINSELESS, NOT WATERLESS. Two diff animals. Concentrate on the right PROCEDURE, in my signature, not so much the product. All the major detailing mfrs are fine.

Last edited by Glen e; 01-27-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #261
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
They are essentially all the same....buy RINSELESS, NOT WATERLESS. Two diff animals. Concentrate on the right PROCEDURE, in my signature, not so much the product. All the major detailing mfrs are fine.
There are also concentrate products that can be mixed to a dilution ratio for waterless, rinseless, detail spray or clay lube. Same base, 4 different applications, depending on how much water you add. Optimum No Rinse is my favorite. It smells awesome too.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #262
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
There are also concentrate products that can be mixed to a dilution ratio for waterless, rinseless, detail spray or clay lube. Same base, 4 different applications, depending on how much water you add. Optimum No Rinse is my favorite. It smells awesome too.
The point Is you can't dilute a dedicated waterless product to become a rinseless, but you can dilute a rinseless to be a waterless.....better for this thread if you buy a rinseless product. ONR is first a foremost a rinseless, hence what ONR stands for.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #263
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Glen,

What's your opinion of the duragloss waterless wash? I just bought some. Haven't used it yet. Though I do like the duragloss rinseless wash followed by the aquawax spray....Best products ever invented...

I just thought I would try out the waterless wash and wanted your thoughts...

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #264
Glen e

I don't like waterless, esp the waterless procedure. Too much chance of scratch, the surface is not lubricated enuf for me. Rinseless provides a fully water loaded microfiber to glide and over the surface, waterless does not. This is purely my opinion, others I'm sure love it.

Good for bird bombs, but no better than diluted rinseless in a bottle.....IMO
Old 01-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #265
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The point Is you can't dilute a dedicated waterless product to become a rinseless, but you can dilute a rinseless to be a waterless.....better for this thread if you buy a rinseless product. ONR is first a foremost a rinseless, hence what ONR stands for.
Yes, I used to have shelves full of products for various specific jobs. Then I started realizing that most of it was the same base liquid. Just trying to save a little money.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #266
Glen e

Yeah, I. Just don't want somebody buying a dedicated waterless like blackfire and assuming it's the same as their rinseless product. I Used a dedicated waterless to try the rinseless procedure, with bad results.