Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #1891
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
So I'm going to start doing some upgrades to my car. What should I get first? I need a little bit of help deciding.

1. Hurst Shifter
2. MRT V2 Axleback exhaust
3. CAI
4. Headers
5. Peddlers suspension kit and lower the car

Thanks
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #1892
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Alright Rob, I found you here. I finally caved and went the way of the Chevy. My first NEW car that wasn't a Ford or Mazda. So, let's hook up sometime and get to a show. What's in the area? RVR of SCC

strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #1893
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Kent, depends how much you want to spend. I would do the exhaust. That's what I did first, well tint frirst. I did Flowmaster American Thunder w resonator delete.850 installed @ exhaust pros. Then K N CAI. 350.00.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #1894
'70 RS

Drives: '69,'70,'10 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Alright Rob, I found you here. I finally caved and went the way of the Chevy. My first NEW car that wasn't a Ford or Mazda. So, let's hook up sometime and get to a show. What's in the area? RVR of SCC

congrats Rick on the fine ride, i am up for anything, lots of shows this summer or just meet up to hang out.
'70 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #1895
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Yo, so when are we all getting together? I wasnt able to drive across the state to make it there for sat. I will be in town at the end may for the Hotrod Nationals. Anyone else gonna be there?
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #1896
nebchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
So I'm going to start doing some upgrades to my car. What should I get first? I need a little bit of help deciding.

1. Hurst Shifter
2. MRT V2 Axleback exhaust
3. CAI
4. Headers
5. Peddlers suspension kit and lower the car

Thanks

If you want my thoughts, if you want some performace gains with not much money I would get the CAI Cold Air Intake as I searched and talked to many people and finally talked to Ted and Jannetty racing.

If you want sound wise then do your exhaust but to be honest you arent going to gain much of anything as far as power from the exhaust its mostly just sound.

I just installed lowering springs on my car and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Them so that is deff a awesome thing to do and I bought mine for 200$..

Hope that helps,

Also if you do headers you will need a tune for sure...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1897
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post

A few of us get to Omaha just about every Wednesday night at Flashbacks on 82nd and Center. It's more of a show and shine and there is everything from T buckets to 2012 ZL1's. Not today however so if you go tonight you can get a taste for what to expect.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #1898
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
If you want my thoughts, if you want some performace gains with not much money I would get the CAI Cold Air Intake as I searched and talked to many people and finally talked to Ted and Jannetty racing.

If you want sound wise then do your exhaust but to be honest you arent going to gain much of anything as far as power from the exhaust its mostly just sound.

I just installed lowering springs on my car and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Them so that is deff a awesome thing to do and I bought mine for 200$..

Hope that helps,

Also if you do headers you will need a tune for sure...
That helps! Thanks

CAI will prob be my first then The factory intake is extremely restrictive
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #1899
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
So sounds like everyone had a good time at the meetup, hopefully one of these days I will be in country for one. Might have to skip bike night at Quaker State when I am home in July and come over to flashbacks.

Update time .....
So I bought quite a few parts for my 2012 sitting with 1700 miles on it now;
TSP 231/236 112 LSA with springs, retainers, pushrods ect
LPE 3.70 gears and JRE Posi mod
BMR Pro Rear cradle and diff bushings
Pfadt rear trailing and toe arms
Hursts Short throw

Already installed a full SLP exhaust LTs, X pipe, and LM1 axel back and a Spectre CAI but no tune done

Still debating on doing a fast 102 intake and tb but don't think its worth the money all these mods are prep / tide me over mods until my 418 stroker is built and I am planning on running a d1 at about 10 lbs on it then the LS3 is coming out and getting sold off or put into another vehicle. Though I cannot wait to have this thing dropped off at C&S Dynoshop for all the other parts to be put on and tuned.......

Last edited by Bildo; 04-19-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: embedded vid
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #1900
strych9
I'll be back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandip2811 View Post
A few of us get to Omaha just about every Wednesday night at Flashbacks on 82nd and Center. It's more of a show and shine and there is everything from T buckets to 2012 ZL1's. Not today however so if you go tonight you can get a taste for what to expect.
Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I used to do the Flashbacks thing years ago when I had my '66 Chevelle. I'd like to get to know the local Camaro community better and possibly show the car a little bit. I'll definitely make the trip down to Flashbacks soon.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #1901
charleSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
Okay Nebraska which is it?

Cat back or axle back? Looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder series. Does anybody have an opinion for one or the other? I know it's basically a sound issue, but do they have any pros or cons? Any good exhaust camaro shops in Lincoln? Also looking for an excellent Win tint company too! Thx!
charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #1902
strych9
I'll be back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 RS View Post
congrats Rick on the fine ride, i am up for anything, lots of shows this summer or just meet up to hang out.
Thanks Rob. I'll hit you up soon and we can meet someplace. Talk to you soon.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #1903
nebchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleSS View Post
Cat back or axle back? Looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder series. Does anybody have an opinion for one or the other? I know it's basically a sound issue, but do they have any pros or cons? Any good exhaust camaro shops in Lincoln? Also looking for an excellent Win tint company too! Thx!

The american thunder CAT Back is AWESOME!! I just installed mine a month ago and is so nice... Deff do the cat back so you get the flowmaster Xpipe.

I grew up in lincoln, as far as exhaust shops go... you should do it yourself, i did mine with jack stands and a sat afternoon. Its so easy with the cat back! If you go with the axel back you will need to cut and I didnt wanna do all that.

Window tint in lincoln I would deff go to Pro-tint on 27th and cornhusker they are GREAT! I had them do my silverado and still perfect.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #1904
charleSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
Does the cat back just have compression rings (or whatever they're called) to connect? I have a jack and some stands - is it a tight fit under there?
charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote