Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #15
Sacrilegious-FD

Drives: V8 rx7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
Your car looks awesome!

On topic - I'd love to hear some reviews on the interchiller for track use. Seems that they're only being used in short runs (1/4 mile/standing mile).

Looking at your car - can you get another hood and vent it? Getting the hot air out is critical.

Yeah, I might give a interchiller a go. Got 2 vents in the bonnet, may need to alter the bonnet anyway to fit the engine.

Neil
Sacrilegious-FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #16
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Meth, weapon x style coolers, and hood scoops - should keep the temps down. You can try and get some air from the bottom with scoops, and a 180 F or 160 F thermostat.

Is E85 a thing over there? Might want to gain the hp that way and leave the pulley alone.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #17
Sacrilegious-FD

Hey guys's

Sorry i dont ever write much, I do use this forum for alot of reading (esp the 2650 DI - ATM)

Quick question if you dont mind, Final drive ratios. I have the chance for a good deal on a rebuilt / carbon plated BMW e92 diff. Also they will include the cost of the fabrication of the rear end as they want to use it for a kit. (i have had a few cars built by him) The final gear ratio is 3.15 and I'm 75% sure thats as low as it can go, BWM do a 2.81 but i dont think its compatible.

I've been looking at this tread

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9476416

Will my 1st gear be useless, i will be under 1400KG and running r18/35 wheels.

Do you know where this calculator resides all the online ones only go up to 6 gears ...

Cheers Neil
Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #18
Sacrilegious-FD

E85 unfortunately not,
Old 10-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #19
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrilegious-FD View Post
Hey guys's

Sorry i dont ever write much, I do use this forum for alot of reading (esp the 2650 DI - ATM)

Quick question if you dont mind, Final drive ratios. I have the chance for a good deal on a rebuilt / carbon plated BMW e92 diff. Also they will include the cost of the fabrication of the rear end as they want to use it for a kit. (i have had a few cars built by him) The final gear ratio is 3.15 and I'm 75% sure thats as low as it can go, BWM do a 2.81 but i dont think its compatible.

I've been looking at this tread

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9476416

Will my 1st gear be useless, i will be under 1400KG and running r18/35 wheels.

Do you know where this calculator resides all the online ones only go up to 6 gears ...

Cheers Neil
The ZL1 without a sunroof is approximately 3880 pounds with the M6. The a10/auto adds another 120 ponds. The issue here is what happens when you turn the wheel 15 degrees and push about 55% throttle.

The camaro zl1, zl1 1le and corvette z06 have suspensions tuned for proper weight distribution during high speed turns and acceleration under load.

Your car is beautiful, however, I have reservations about how the weight will transfer to the rear of the car during pulls and turns. 1st will be manageable...just as long as the supercharger does not kick on. Pushing into second and beyond will make your small car difficult to keep in a straight line.

Plus whatever diff you run must be sound because the LT4's torque "aint no joke"! ESPECIALLY in 4th gear!!
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #20
Sibze

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I'm assuming the Ontario Plate is old? I hope not because I'd love to see this thing when it's done.
Sibze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #21
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Wow what a great project. Can't wait to see some vids of this beast carving corners!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #22
Sacrilegious-FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowser View Post
The ZL1 without a sunroof is approximately 3880 pounds with the M6. The a10/auto adds another 120 ponds. The issue here is what happens when you turn the wheel 15 degrees and push about 55% throttle.

The camaro zl1, zl1 1le and corvette z06 have suspensions tuned for proper weight distribution during high speed turns and acceleration under load.

Your car is beautiful, however, I have reservations about how the weight will transfer to the rear of the car during pulls and turns. 1st will be manageable...just as long as the supercharger does not kick on. Pushing into second and beyond will make your small car difficult to keep in a straight line.

Plus whatever diff you run must be sound because the LT4's torque "aint no joke"! ESPECIALLY in 4th gear!!

Indeed, so LSX conversions are really common in Rx7's but the LT is a new thing, esp with the auto.

So there are a couple of tools in the bag to hep that 1 being some very nice Nitron 3 ways, I also have a race logic traction control unit, then there will running semi slick 335 (full slick on track days)

But yes its something that will need looking at and adjusting, In an ideal world a procharger would be lovely, for linear torque, but dont think would need the c7 bracket and i think it would be a right PITA outside the US.

Quote:
I'm assuming the Ontario Plate is old? I hope not because I'd love to see this thing when it's done.

Indeed it is old, its even further away from you now in the UK...

Started life in japan -> Canada > UK

Quote:
Wow what a great project. Can't wait to see some vids of this beast carving corners!

Fingers crossed, my last LS3 FD was ace, it had to go to partially fund this,
Old 10-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #23
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
If you improve exhaust flow, won’t that get you some help with the temps?
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:10 AM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
According to Dave the Original chiller guy they don't fair well because the compressor cuts off under hard throttle. I guess if you could rig the compressor to run all the time it would work, not sure how the ac compressor and clutch would like it though.

A good heat exchanger, EMP pump, and larger 4 to 5 gallon reservoir should be totally fine.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #25
Sacrilegious-FD

Aye free flowing exhaust de-cats etc, knocked the interchiller idea on the head.

Ps no one was answered by q on the 3.15 final drive :-)