Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 07-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
ADM? really

I'm seeing new cars for over sticker. Koons, which has always had the most competitive prices, has a V61LE for 4k over sticker...

https://www.koonswhitemarshchevy.com...odyStyle=Coupe

As cars trickle out of Lansing Grand River will dealers remove the ADM?

This is all insane....
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
If its not ADM directly on the price, then its ridiculous mandatory aftermarket packages of garbage for thousands extra. I have been looking for a ZL1 for months and I have yet to talk to a dealer that wasnt trying to charge a $999 dealer fee and another $5k in vin etch, nitrogen fill for the tires and some Kahu garbage lojack. This is the new normal. I bought a 21 wrangler and they wanted $15k for wheels/tires, a lift kit and tints. FIFTEEN GRAND and they wanted sticker. I walked and they let me skip the aftermarket but forced the tints on me for $500. But I was able to get FCA affiliate pricing though.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:32 PM   #3
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
that's not even a V6.. either way.. I'll be damned if I'd pay ADM on a LT.. coming from a V6 owner

PS.. that window sticker is confusing AF. Says V6 1LE package instead of LT 1LE package and it doesn't have the upcharge for the V6 Engine
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:00 PM   #4

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
As much as everyone is pleased their cars are "worth more" than they paid, and some are selling or trading in for more than they paid, you won't see dealers selling a new car for less than they pay for a trade-in of an older car....

I think the inventory will remain low for quite some time....used prices will be high, trade-ins will be high, but so will buying new. ADM is the market answer to what a new car is "worth".

I wouldn't expect any type of normal for quite a while, if ever....Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #5
Envious_Ivy1LE

I'd expect less people to be willing to pay ADM on new cars. I truthfully Don't expect that car to move at all. these high dollar LT 1LE cars sit for 6-8 months on lots sometimes because people would rather spend a couple grand more and get a V8.

it's also a manual which limits your buyer market even more. Now if they were charging $4k over for an automatic LT1 or a SS 1LE it's a different story. someone will take it eventually but not right away
Old 07-09-2021, 12:32 AM   #6
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
There are dealers willing to sell without crazy markup. Now we know which dealers are honest and do right for customers. Find them and buy from them. Thats what i did with my wife’s car and those dealers will get my business.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:46 AM   #7
Autosenses

I posted to not complain but i'm a little perplexed..I get there is a shortage with all cars including camaros. Articles everywhere are saying "Camaro sales are abysmal" and why are dealers putting a ADM? Wouldn't they want to get rid of them as fast as possible?
Old 07-09-2021, 10:44 AM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
I posted to not complain but i'm a little perplexed..I get there is a shortage with all cars including camaros. Articles everywhere are saying "Camaro sales are abysmal" and why are dealers putting a ADM? Wouldn't they want to get rid of them as fast as possible?
If inventory is low they will wait for a big fish to bite. Why rush the sale if there are no units coming in any time soon to replace it? Sales numbers will be low either way.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #9
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
Well that Camaro is in transit. They dont need to sell fast.

I see your sign that you ordered one, how long you been waiting?
Old 07-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #10
xF9_ar3

Drives: 18 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I wouldn't expect any type of normal for quite a while, if ever....Good luck.
I submitted a "buy my car" form a few months ago on a few websites like shift, vroom, etc... and the offers they've made have started to taper off and some even dropped. Cargurus index price reflects that as well. Last 90 days was an average market increase of 17.46%, past 30 days was only 3.26%. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/
xF9_ar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #11
Envious_Ivy1LE

I'll sell you my V6 1LE if your 21 isn't arriving as fast as you want lol

recaros and pdr are the only missing options. 62k Odometer
Old 07-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #12
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
There are dealers willing to sell without crazy markup. Now we know which dealers are honest and do right for customers. Find them and buy from them. Thats what i did with my wife’s car and those dealers will get my business.
this.....

we found 4 cars in LA that fit our requirements when buying the ss a few months ago. we bought from the only dealer not adding $1500-2500 in "lugnuts, door trim and lojack device". 2 dealers refused to budge while the 3rd said I could have the parts "at cost".
huntington beach mazda hooked us up...
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:35 PM   #13
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xF9_ar3 View Post
I submitted a "buy my car" form a few months ago on a few websites like shift, vroom, etc... and the offers they've made have started to taper off and some even dropped. Cargurus index price reflects that as well. Last 90 days was an average market increase of 17.46%, past 30 days was only 3.26%. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/
You are absolutely correct. The Manheim used car value index also indicates that for the first time since Dec 2020 used car prices are declining albeit by a small percentage. Not sure who buys these used, "goldy locks" Camaros at or above original MSRP, but those folks will be severely underwater come this fall/Winter when prices normalize.... nonetheless Yolo but have a little bit of a smart Yolo...rant over
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:37 PM   #14
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Well that Camaro is in transit. They dont need to sell fast.

I see your sign that you ordered one, how long you been waiting?
I ordered it the 1st week, I think April 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF9_ar3 View Post
Super powerful tool that I didn't know existed. Cool!