Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #43
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
1. The LT1 is a great car, but if I were you I'd keep an older SS just because it's a classic. But for the purposes of this thread, the LT1 is far better handling and much quicker.

2. Not heated, but cooled.

3. Not sure, but the LT1 can do those numbers easy.

4. LT1 is torquer than the coyote.

5. They generally come with a tech package and an NPP, and sometimes both.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:07 PM   #44
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
1. The LT1 is a great car, but if I were you I'd keep an older SS just because it's a classic. But for the purposes of this thread, the LT1 is far better handling and much quicker.

2. Not heated, but cooled.

3. Not sure, but the LT1 can do those numbers easy.

4. LT1 is torquer than the coyote.

5. They generally come with a tech package and an NPP, and sometimes both.

I would much rather have an LT1 than a 2010 SS unless the 2010 SS had a super charger on it.

What year Coyote? I had a 2012 GT and our Camaros are quicker. However the 2011-2014 Mustang GTs are no slouch. My 2012 auto was quick off the line still. I would take any 2011-2022 Mustang GT over a 2010 camaro. They're quicker than a 2010.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:06 AM   #45
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I would much rather have an LT1 than a 2010 SS unless the 2010 SS had a super charger on it.

What year Coyote? I had a 2012 GT and our Camaros are quicker. However the 2011-2014 Mustang GTs are no slouch. My 2012 auto was quick off the line still. I would take any 2011-2022 Mustang GT over a 2010 camaro. They're quicker than a 2010.
maybe but handle terribly. camaro is light years ahead at road holding
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #46
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollc View Post
Should I trade my 2010 2SS for a LT1
Yes
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:56 AM   #47
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
3 6th gens in my group. 1 LT1 2 1le cars 1 manual 1 10 speed. Been in 2 of the 3. They are nice for sure but really just don't have that muscle car feel that I get in my 5th gen. All the options in those cars are in my 2019 Titan Pro4x truck or my 2020 Acura RDX A spec. The mag ride is nice but I enjoy stright line racing. The 1le and Zle are miles ahead of the plain SS and Lt1 in looks. I like the retro feel of my 5th gen...fbo and cammed it's a great car with wide hips and a fat ass. Sure it's a bit porky but most commenting on weight would run out of nerve before running out of car when driving it. It's a huge success for a reason. Hopefully runs high 11s...I'm good with that
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #48
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollc View Post
So I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS auto it’s just a bolt on car right now (headers high flow cats, intake and a cat back). I was getting ready to pull the trigger and go cam, have the heads ported and do a converter to match the cam. Then down the road go with a blower most likely a maggie

Then the other day I was on the chevy site and built a LT1 car with the auto and the price really isn’t bad. My goals for my ss were 550-600 whp and have a blower doing the cams and heads only came about Because the lifters in the l99 version of the ls3 are a weak point.I do drag race my car at my local track atco when I have time and I drive almost everyday. So I have a few question for you guys about the LT1. If I got an LT1 I would most likely custom order one first brand new car I’ll ever have bought I bought my ss used in 16.

1. Do you guy think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!

5. How do must cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels
Face the truth, brother, what you really want is a ZL1 with the A10.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #49
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
Arpad if I could I would get the zl1 but it’s to much money. And as far as racing goes it’s mostly 1/4 at atco. I think after looking more into the LT1. I might not go boost. A nice Na build heads and cam it should make plenty of power and run the times I want at the track.

Supposedly a local dealer is greeting on in. An LT1 with 95% of what I want and like you guys I can add the recaros later. And if that dealer won’t work with me I have a buddy that works for a different chevy dealer and I’ll just order one to my spec
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #50
mikemollc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
From mikemollc:

1. Do you guys think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.
  • If you can afford to do it then it will be a nice performance and technology upgrade. But your 5th gen is a better car than the 6th gen. I have owned three 5th gens, a 2SS, a twin turbo 1LE, and a ZL1. I have also owned a 6th gen 2SS, a ZL1, and now an LT1. I thought that 2016 2SS was my favorite Camaro ever, but now my LT1 is the top dog overall. I paid about the same $$ on my LT1 as my 5th gen 2SS.And I got a good deal on that Camaro.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.
  • This is true. And you can buy a hookup to add the seat ventilation. However seat ventilation on the Camaro is not effective hardly at all unless you have the AC on down low. As for me I would rather have the seat heater. The LT1 is the only V8 Camaro that comes with all seasons but yet you cannot get heated seats on an LT1.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)
  • The LT1 has the same suspension and front brakes as the SS so it will handle big power. But after ruining my 2013 1LE with twin turbos I would say you are better off with a ZL1 if that is what you want.

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!
  • I can tell you stock my M6 LT1 runs with A10 Coyote Mustangs mildly modified both with a CAI and tires. Someone I raced often was a well driven 2020 A10 with the stock higher gears. They did not get the .355 option as they are planning a power adder later. I think out of 5 runs I only lost once where I overslept at the line and they edged me out. We both ran 12.1s my best was 12.10 similar to the Mustang. For sure in mineshaft Atco weather my LT1 is an 11 second car.

5. How do most cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels

• Good choices! Get the Recaros, they are some of the best sport seats in any car. I ordered with the famous Becky. And it was a great experience having my LT1 delivered in Motor city. But sadly she has moved on.

The difference between the new LT1 and the SSes is explained in this link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577077[/QUOTE]

Nice to see another NJ car I wonder if I have seen you at atco before
Old 04-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #51
mikemollc

My 2010 is currently my daily driver but I plan to pick up somthing to daily and just have either my 2010 modded more or get the 6th gen for fun cruiser/ street strip fun car
Old 04-18-2021, 08:12 PM   #52
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Yes.
The alpha chassis makes the Gen 6 leagues ahead of the Gen 5.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:54 PM   #53
Camaro fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inramana View Post
Yes.
The alpha chassis makes the Gen 6 leagues ahead of the Gen 5.
oh yes. . amazing upgrade. zero tramlining aswell.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:07 PM   #54
Modernmusclecar

This is a pic with a few friends from Saturday.
The track is going to be alot of fun this year...i plan on beating every car in that lineup...we will see. The 5th gen still pops. Cam yours.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1618797363
Attached Images

EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:15 PM   #55
Camaro fanboy

the gen5 is a great car ofc. looks amazing. but it's nowhere near as good to drive. the cabin on the gen6 is way way better. it's a way better car in everyway imaginable.
stock it's faster aswell. pulls harder from low revs.
looks are always subjective.
i know i get more thumbs up in my my gen6 than i did in my 2012.
i would never ever bash the gen5 camaro. love them to bits. just the latest variant is just so damn good in every way.
like i said the magneride and active exhaust alone are worth the upgrade on their own. having proper dual zone climate control aswell. huge difference to everyday driving this makes. never hot never cold in the car
when u add everything else our cars have it's a no brainer. the 8 speed auto changes gear so fast and that popping sound on the upshifts is simply amazing.
the road holding is jaw dropping. huge pot hots? the car rides over them with ease. you hardly ever get thrown about in the driving seat.
performance and looks aside just trade up..you will 100% not regret it
Old 04-18-2021, 09:26 PM   #56
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
the gen5 is a great car ofc. looks amazing. but it's nowhere near as good to drive. the cabin on the gen6 is way way better. it's a way better car in everyway imaginable.
stock it's faster aswell. pulls harder from low revs.
looks are always subjective.
i know i get more thumbs up in my my gen6 than i did in my 2012.
i would never ever bash the gen5 camaro. love them to bits. just the latest variant is just so damn good in every way.
like i said the magneride and active exhaust alone are worth the upgrade on their own. having proper dual zone climate control aswell. huge difference to everyday driving this makes. never hot never cold in the car
when u add everything else our cars have it's a no brainer. the 8 speed auto changes gear so fast and that popping sound on the upshifts is simply amazing.
the road holding is jaw dropping. huge pot hots? the car rides over them with ease. you hardly ever get thrown about in the driving seat.
performance and looks aside just trade up..you will 100% not regret it
Well all new models are an upgrade from the previous gen. I find the inside of the 6th gen to small. 1le or zl1 yes ..but the regular SS doesnt seem to have the same road presence as a 5th gen. I have all the latest and greatest tech in my 2020 RDX A spec or my 2019 Titan Pro4x. Getting in my fbo a cammed 5th gen is a totally different experience...its a great car..not as refined as a 6th gen but I like that.The 1le in my pick is a beast..interesting to see how I do at the track. The 10 speed in the 1le and the lt1 are a huge upgrade. Op buy the 6th gen but cam your 6th gen ....then your set. Haha.