Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 04-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #29
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Op my buddy picked this up recently..it has the RS package.I like the car...Lt1 with 10 speed and active exhaust. Hes doing soild rear cradle bushings with drag radials. Should run 11s all day. My 5th gen is going to be working against this car at the track.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1618156807
Attached Images

EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #30
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
FYI on the "heat option", I negotiated in the price of Leather with Heat rather than the cloth. It's aftermarket through the dealer. The heat switch was placed on the sides of the chair, not the dash. But it does have high and low. Plus you can pick and choose on color of leather, perforations or not.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
To the Op, you do what’s best for you and your situation!
Old 04-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #32
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I never owned a 5th Gen Camaro but rode in one a few times and while it was cool, I was not really impressed.

I test drove (then bought) a 2017 2SS and have been extremely impressed with the car.

The 6th Gen is way beyond the 5th Gen.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #33
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Never regretted going from 5th gen to 6th gen.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #34
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
From mikemollc:

1. Do you guys think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.
  • If you can afford to do it then it will be a nice performance and technology upgrade. But your 5th gen is a better car than the 6th gen. I have owned three 5th gens, a 2SS, a twin turbo 1LE, and a ZL1. I have also owned a 6th gen 2SS, a ZL1, and now an LT1. I thought that 2016 2SS was my favorite Camaro ever, but now my LT1 is the top dog overall. I paid about the same $$ on my LT1 as my 5th gen 2SS.And I got a good deal on that Camaro.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.
  • This is true. And you can buy a hookup to add the seat ventilation. However seat ventilation on the Camaro is not effective hardly at all unless you have the AC on down low. As for me I would rather have the seat heater. The LT1 is the only V8 Camaro that comes with all seasons but yet you cannot get heated seats on an LT1.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)
  • The LT1 has the same suspension and front brakes as the SS so it will handle big power. But after ruining my 2013 1LE with twin turbos I would say you are better off with a ZL1 if that is what you want.

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!
  • I can tell you stock my M6 LT1 runs with A10 Coyote Mustangs mildly modified both with a CAI and tires. Someone I raced often was a well driven 2020 A10 with the stock higher gears. They did not get the .355 option as they are planning a power adder later. I think out of 5 runs I only lost once where I overslept at the line and they edged me out. We both ran 12.1s my best was 12.10 similar to the Mustang. For sure in mineshaft Atco weather my LT1 is an 11 second car.

5. How do most cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels[/QUOTE]
  • Good choices! Get the Recaros, they are some of the best sport seats in any car. I ordered with the famous Becky. And it was a great experience having my LT1 delivered in Motor city. But sadly she has moved on.

The difference between the new LT1 and the SSes is explained in this link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577077

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-12-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #35
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
As an owner of a 2010 2SS, I am planning, if it ever is available, to replace it with a 2022 SS.

I don't get the whole LT1 thing, with mo cooling package and no tow hook receiver.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #36
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
just traded my 2012..wow what a higher spec car. blown away with the extras included.
imho it's worth it just for the active exhaust and magneride. the upgrade imho just for those 2 things is worth the outlay
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:03 AM   #37
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
The main thing is that you'd be going from the Zeta chassis to the Alpha Chassis. It's much stiffer, solid, responsive, and lighter. You'd be going from a chassis with it's design roots going back to the late 1990s to a chassis specifically designed in the early 2010s for the Cadillac CTS and 6th gen Camaro. It feels like the whole car was carved out of one solid piece of lightweight aluminum alloy. The 6th gen was engineered as a true road carver from the ground up, and that in combination with the power you want to run will make you forget all about your 5th gen the first time you let it loose.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #38
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
But your 5th gen is a better car than the 6th gen.
Hmmmm......

I guess it's personal preference but I drove a new 2SS in 2010 when they first came out, and compared to my 2SS? It felt a bit mushy and heavy.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #39
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
As an owner of a 2010 2SS, I am planning, if it ever is available, to replace it with a 2022 SS.

I don't get the whole LT1 thing, with no cooling package and no tow hook receiver.
If you do not plan to track your car semi seriously you do not need those things at all. So with the LT1 you get a lighter car in trade with less complexity and $$ in the long run. And with the LT1 you also get a "free" winter tire/wheelsetup. Still that is cool stuff just to have.

I do miss the tow hook at the drag strip but if I keep the power within reason and stay away from slicks I will have no use for it (hopefully).
Old 04-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #40
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Hmmmm......

I guess it's personal preference but I drove a new 2SS in 2010 when they first came out, and compared to my 2SS? It felt a bit mushy and heavy.
Agreed. Oops, what I meant was with the 5th gen you get a usable back seat and more room inside. The CA6 Camaro is a better SPORTS car.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #41
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
oh yes it's a much tighter and sportier car to drive. not as comfortable though as the gen5.
i love the gen5 camaro.maybe i'll end up hating this gen6 as i did with the s550 i had for a year.
never know may end up back in a gen5 in a few years time lol
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #42
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
oh yes it's a much tighter and sportier car to drive. not as comfortable though as the gen5.
i love the gen5 camaro.maybe i'll end up hating this gen6 as i did with the s550 i had for a year.
never know may end up back in a gen5 in a few years time lol
I also miss my 5th gen Camaros, I had 3 of them including a ZL1. My favorite 5th gen was the 2013 orange 2SS 1LE. I loved it as a bolton car running low 12s. But them I added Twin Turbos and ruined it.