Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Interesting problem.....

Went on a spirited ride (just got back).
But, when I floor my car in sport mode it apears in 2nd or 3rd gear area the car around 6,000 RPM jerks hardcore and cuts power. I didn’t take a video I should have. But I thought it was nothing the first time but it did it all thrree times I floored it in sport mode.
Any thoughts?
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:13 AM   #2
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Do you rest your left foot on the clutch pedal? I believe some people have experienced the 5500 RPM cut from VERY light pressure on the clutch pedal. If so, make sure your foot is completely off and on the dead pedal.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Do you rest your left foot on the clutch pedal? I believe some people have experienced the 5500 RPM cut from VERY light pressure on the clutch pedal. If so, make sure your foot is completely off and on the dead pedal.
Nope I have the A8. I should have stated that in the original post. My bad.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:47 AM   #4
Amble

Drives: 2017 Arctic Blue 2SS
Is this on a shift?

Sport and Track mode are designed to cut fuel during the shift and also shift harder. I believe the fuel cut is for sound purposes, as it produces that hard spitting sound once the shift is over, but I've also heard it's to manage torque on the transmission during a high load.

It will do this when heavy on the throttle (probably 65%+) on all shifts, 2nd through 8th if you shift close to redline. You just have to be going near 80 to hit third to do it.
Amble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
ItsChristianInHD

Ummmm I really have no idea how else to explain it, I’ll get a video for you guys.
It more feels like a buck.

Last edited by ItsChristianInHD; 08-19-2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #6
ItsChristianInHD

UPDATE: I tried it again in 2 times today. It didn’t do it.
Last night, I know i was in paddle shift mode as well and maybe I pulled the paddle 2 times and maybe confused the transmission? Idk.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #7
Amble

It should auto deny the shift if you try to paddle shift out of range. You'll get a message on your DIC saying so.

Since you were in manual mode, it won't shift into the next gear without you doing so, but it will limit revs. Perhaps you were bouncing off the rev limiter. I know this gives a jerking kind of hiccup motion in low gears.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #8
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amble View Post
It should auto deny the shift if you try to paddle shift out of range. You'll get a message on your DIC saying so.

Since you were in manual mode, it won't shift into the next gear without you doing so, but it will limit revs. Perhaps you were bouncing off the rev limiter. I know this gives a jerking kind of hiccup motion in low gears.
Thing is, it didn’t even deny a shift. It was weird. Hopefully it doesn’t do it again.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
Amble

Since you said you were in manual mode and at a high RPM (I think the V6 red lines at 7200) I'm really leaning towards this being you hit redline accidentally. There is a slight delay between hitting the paddle and the shift happening as the transmission control unit makes sure that everything's good for the shift.

If you hit the limiter it will be a sudden cut in power and in a low gear like 2nd as you described (I've only done it in first myself) it will feel like a sudden jerk and noticeable loss of engine power. In a higher gear the momentum of the car and engine braking isn't as severe so it's not felt as much, but still happens.

The DIC will not inform you of a denied shift if you miss an up shift, only if shifting up or down will cause an engine stall or puts you over redline. It only automatically shifts down in manual mode to keep from stalling, it will never shift up for you.

I would hate to advise you to hit the rev limiter on purpose just to recreate the issue, but if you ever end up in the circumstance again (in manual mode rather than auto) consider the delay it takes between the paddle click to actually shift.

If you're flooring it in first and second, both are extremely aggressive gears, you could gain over 1000 rpms over that second. You'd want to click it around 6000, or just before, to shift at redline (assuming it's around 7200 for the V6).
Old 08-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
another thought, maybe it's knocking. if you use regular gas, try premium.

edit: if you already use premium, then disregard my post lol
Old 08-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #11
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amble View Post
Since you said you were in manual mode and at a high RPM (I think the V6 red lines at 7200) I'm really leaning towards this being you hit redline accidentally. There is a slight delay between hitting the paddle and the shift happening as the transmission control unit makes sure that everything's good for the shift.

If you hit the limiter it will be a sudden cut in power and in a low gear like 2nd as you described (I've only done it in first myself) it will feel like a sudden jerk and noticeable loss of engine power. In a higher gear the momentum of the car and engine braking isn't as severe so it's not felt as much, but still happens.

The DIC will not inform you of a denied shift if you miss an up shift, only if shifting up or down will cause an engine stall or puts you over redline. It only automatically shifts down in manual mode to keep from stalling, it will never shift up for you.

I would hate to advise you to hit the rev limiter on purpose just to recreate the issue, but if you ever end up in the circumstance again (in manual mode rather than auto) consider the delay it takes between the paddle click to actually shift.

If you're flooring it in first and second, both are extremely aggressive gears, you could gain over 1000 rpms over that second. You'd want to click it around 6000, or just before, to shift at redline (assuming it's around 7200 for the V6).
Dang man. Never knew all this.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #12
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
another thought, maybe it's knocking. if you use regular gas, try premium.

edit: if you already use premium, then disregard my post lol
Ill have to see. But it’s not doing it now. I thought it was interesting.