Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #15
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
And there it is.
Yes, indeed... here you are.

Quote:
I suppose my response is approximately the same level of "internet tough guy" as one who would preemptively post those words...
Now you can stop, and focus on the subject rather than others. THANKS!
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #16
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
My neighbor told me something similar. Oh boy we all know when David is off to work. He was mostly kidding. The car starts in Tour so nothing you can really do about it. It's not that load.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:05 PM   #17
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
What time of day are you talking about?

If it's a time of day when you're allowed by city ordinances to run a lawn mower or leaf blower or other loud equipment, then I don't see any problem with firing up a car with a stock exhaust. Where I live, that's 7 am until 10 pm.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #18
Prodogs

Drives: 2017 2ss
Personally - I would ignore it . Car is definitely not too loud. Or you might suggest a nice pair of $2 ear plugs.

Last edited by Prodogs; 08-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Prodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #19
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Assuming we're talking about normal hours of the day, I don't see how a car with a stock exhaust cruising past your house for 30 seconds or isolated startup noise could be worse than running a leaf blower or lawn mower for an hour straight which is hardly uncommon in most neighborhoods.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #20
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighIron View Post
I don't open the garage door until the idle settles down, just as a courtesy, and don't switch it back to sport mode till I'm on the main road.

In any case, the noise from your car being driven gently from your house is of short duration though, 30-45 seconds or so. The real noise pollution offenders are the people who hire these "landscapers" to mow their lawns: 30 minutes of those super LOUD zero-turn mowers, followed by 15-20 minutes of a 2-cycle weed wacker, then another 15 minutes with those SUPER annoying blowers, whose users seem to take pleasure of blipping the throttle so that it sounds like 20 dirt bikes on a motocross course. All at 7:30 am or so.
This is what I do. If I have had to park it outside, I power up, change to stealth, and THEN start it up.

I like being courteous to my neighbors.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #21
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I had this once with my Mustang that I had an MBRP street system on it...it was loud esp at startup. That's how it is. But I got that comment in a joking manner and I took it well and the person took well when I replied that him on his riding mower and weed whackering at 9pm wasn't the best thing for noise levels in the hood.

Ive def started up with the door down and give it a minute but "stealth" is very poorly named but it's anything but stealthy. And all modes are loud in the first few seconds at startup.

If there's no HOA the neighbor can bring in to the mix, ignore it. I'd rev it up in track mode but I do things like that. HOA can ruin your whole livelihood when they want to get stupid about silly things.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #22
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
I had this once with my Mustang that I had an MBRP street system on it...it was loud esp at startup. That's how it is. But I got that comment in a joking manner and I took it well and the person took well when I replied that him on his riding mower and weed whackering at 9pm wasn't the best thing for noise levels in the hood.

Ive def started up with the door down and give it a minute but "stealth" is very poorly named but it's anything but stealthy. And all modes are loud in the first few seconds at startup.

If there's no HOA the neighbor can bring in to the mix, ignore it. I'd rev it up in track mode but I do things like that. HOA can ruin your whole livelihood when they want to get stupid about silly things.
Have you tried starting in stealth mode? I did it a couple of times and I do not recall it being loud at all.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #23
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Have you tried starting in stealth mode? I did it a couple of times and I do not recall it being loud at all.
This, takes 30 seconds to put it in stealth mode before you shut it off. Then its no louder than a Yukon or Tahoe starting up...

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #24
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
It happens. I wouldn’t consider it an issue until you are approached in-person or at least with a return address about it. If you’re cool with your next door neighbors, I’d ask them if they know when you leave in the morning.

I have neighbors who don’t mind my car but god forbid the trash can is left on the curb until the day after the service authority guys come through...you’d think it’s Armageddon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #25
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
A retiree didn't write that letter. Spelling errors.
...so all retired people have impeccable spelling and/or grammar? That's good to know.......
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #26
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
LMAO; the SS definitely starts up with a bark. Its quieter than a Harley with straight pipes.
6:30am; its time to get up anyway instead of sleeping life away.
Its new, they will adjust.

Last edited by jreagle56; 08-17-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #27
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67rstbkt View Post
Is this car really that loud? Even set to "Track" on the NPP exhaust it sounds very tame to me. I don't rev it up and drive slowly through my neighborhood, but I got this nice letter from an individual who did not include a name or return address. I most definitely do not live in a retirement community, so not sure where that comes from. What say you?
Sounds like it's time to add a Flowmaster Outlaw System to your ride!

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
I agree with the others that have mentioned starting it with the garage door down whenever possible. I also back into the garage, which helps to not project the startup noise into the neighborhood as much.

I guess each person has his/her own level of "loud". I probably wouldn't even have thought that the garage door needed to be down, but the guy behind me fires up his mustang in the morning with the exhaust facing my house, and I will say that the initial startup is a bit much.
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote