Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #29
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Yes I will try another android cellphone
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:38 PM   #30
Bosse'sBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Do you have a way to test on another phone and cable?
I have seen cables go bad but still allow charging and I have had that happen which wouldn't allow me to use AA. I would first replace the cable before forking out for the update. At the very worst you will just have a spare cable you can keep in the car and dedicate to AA
I tried to connect Andoid auto with my wife's Galaxy note 5 and with her stock cable, same issue no connection.
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 02-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #31
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
No it didn't worked with the USB.
I removed the case to charge my cellphone but it didn't fit, is larger than the available space and didn't charge at all.
The rubber pad on the charger just lifts up, my S8 doesn't work unless the pad is removed and it has to be just right. They made a wireless charger for ants, it's a pathetic design.

You definitely need the software update for AA judging by the screenshots you posted.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #32
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
common on the s9. plug in your usb swipe down the notification menu, go to android system set it to file transfer. If that doesnt work uninstall Android auto on phone and reinstall.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #33
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
or you have to use the oem cord not aftermarket one
No! If Android Auto does not appear in the MyLink settings, no combination of phone or usb cable will make AA work. He is missing the update that needs to be added for the early 2016 models that did not come with the option already configured.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #34
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
No! If Android Auto does not appear in the MyLink settings, no combination of phone or usb cable will make AA work. He is missing the update that needs to be added for the early 2016 models that did not come with the option already configured.
Same happened for mine - needed the update. It was fine afterwards.

I had my update done within a few months getting my car. Interestingly, my original dealer refused to do it (the service guy even showed me the message from a higher up not to do it, even if I requested it). Different dealer did it no problem.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #35
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Well either OP will listen to those of us who have AA and know how it works or continue to second guess us. The OP's car doesnt have AA installed in it, as said no amount of phone or cable combinations will do a thing until the update has been installed.

Once the the AA update has been installed all the OP has to do is make sure he has the AA app isntalled on their phones, then plus the cable into the phone and the car USB port. Then the "projection" icon on the dash will change to the AA icon. Touch it and then follow the prompts on the phone.

Car has to be sitting still and the E-brake on the 1st time you setup AA on the phone, after that you just have to plug the cable in each time and wait for the AA icon to appear on the dash and then touch it to resume AA.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #36
Bosse'sBoss

Thumbs down

After two weeks of having my car with them, my local dealership wasn't able as I requested to update my system in order to have the android launcher on my car. It was just a waste of time.
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 03-09-2019, 07:17 AM   #37
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
After two weeks of having my car with them, my local dealership wasn't able as I requested to update my system in order to have the android launcher on my car. It was just a waste of time.
Wow, 2 weeks? Like I said above, my first dealer refused, found another dealer who did it no problem.

Sounds like you need to check another dealer. And only give a day or so, no way you should leave your car with them for 2 weeks . . .
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #38
Bosse'sBoss

Thumbs down

Since this car is a recent certified used just purchased, I toke it to correct some issues:

1. Passenger vanity mirror light was staying on, even when visor was closed. Corrected.
2. Update the android connection. Non corrected.
3. Shifter rattling while driving in 6th. Non corrected. They say is normal.
4. Hood misaligned. Corrected but I had to pay a minimum amount since they didn't considered it as part of the bumper to bumper warranty.

It toke them to long to correct them. Probably because repairs were under the bumper to bumper warranty and I wasn't paying for them to be repaired.
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 03-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #39
JCunningham

it should have been done or figured out while you waited.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 04-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #40
chaoscentral

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I just got a 2016 SS myself and was missing the Android auto. Took 3 dealerships before they knew what I was talking about. One of them was wondering why I had to go to service to pair up my phone -_-. I've been at the dealership for 3 hours now. They were having issues getting the file from GMs servers but they finally got it. So hopefully done in like 15-20 minutes. Also for anyone wondering it wasn't covered under a certified pre-owned warranty and cost $140
Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #41
Bosse'sBoss

Question

Today my Pandora was able to connect by bluetooth, as soon as I started my car I saw on the radio screen the heading of the web page that I was looking on my cellphone so I pushed the pandora app and it started playing songs. Before it wasn't doing that, so I'm guessing that my cellphone updated or my car radio updated by itself.
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #42
JCunningham

sure your phone wifi hotspot wasnt on or car connected to home wifi?