Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #15
~Jb

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Now Offical from GM:

GM Press Release

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's cool we live in a day in age that cars like this are made. It's also cool to have options. I knew going into owning this car it was never going to be a special one-off or collectors type car and I was ok with that. I personally chose the ZLE because I wanted something raw and different than your standard daily driven options. Now I feel GM (like all car companies, and big businesses for that matter) are simply backtracking on their plans because this model did not sell the way they had hoped. Actually, sort of reminds me of when GM poked fun at Ford for having a tailgate with a step built in, or for having aluminum parts on their trucks, now years later GM has both.

As a "new to the brand" GM owner I feel sort of pissed off that the one thing this model had going for it is now gone, I'm sure the A10 will outperform the 6M in every way, but the auto just takes away a bit of the experience in my opinion. That said, even if the A10 had been available back when I bought, I still would have gone 6M for my personal driving pleasure.

Either way, this should help GM move a few more units.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #16
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jb View Post
Now Offical from GM:

GM Press Release

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's cool we live in a day in age that cars like this are made. It's also cool to have options. I knew going into owning this car it was never going to be a special one-off or collectors type car and I was ok with that. I personally chose the ZLE because I wanted something raw and different than your standard daily driven options. Now I feel GM (like all car companies, and big businesses for that matter) are simply backtracking on their plans because this model did not sell the way they had hoped. Actually, sort of reminds me of when GM poked fun at Ford for having a tailgate with a step built in, or for having aluminum parts on their trucks, now years later GM has both.

As a "new to the brand" GM owner I feel sort of pissed off that the one thing this model had going for it is now gone, I'm sure the A10 will outperform the 6M in every way, but the auto just takes away a bit of the experience in my opinion. That said, even if the A10 had been available back when I bought, I still would have gone 6M for my personal driving pleasure.

If you didn't want the A10, I'm confused how this makes you upset. It has no impact to you.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I will take the optimistic route here and say this is more due to the fact that Chevy has noticed how many people have voiced that they would want an A10 ZL1 1LE. Has Chevy lost some sales due to the restriction in the past 18 months? Sure, but that's probably a very insignificant number. This is a good move for Chevy and Camaro, though I have to say I think it kinda dilutes the 1LE name a bit....... yes I know nothing is sacred anymore get over it haha so the real question now is will we see the A10 optional on the SS 1LE soon?
Old 01-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #18
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I will take the optimistic route here and say this is more due to the fact that Chevy has noticed how many people have voiced that they would want an A10 ZL1 1LE. Has Chevy lost some sales due to the restriction in the past 18 months? Sure, but that's probably a very insignificant number. This is a good move for Chevy and Camaro, though I have to say I think it kinda dilutes the 1LE name a bit....... yes I know nothing is sacred anymore get over it haha so the real question now is will we see the A10 optional on the SS 1LE soon?
How does it dilute the 1LE name if it reduces lap times? Isn't that the point? Also, why is having more options a bad thing? You can still get the car in manual.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This really upsets me... I've struggled between A10 and 1LE for 3 years now.

- Purchased an A10 when I could have gotten a 1LE

- Then Crush put me over the top to go ahead and get the 1LE

Now this...
Old 01-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #20
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jb View Post
Now Offical from GM:

GM Press Release

I agree with that your getting at but at the end of the day GM produces cars and trucks for one reason.

Profit......
Old 01-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #21
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Now this...
But I thought there was a reason no A10 would be put in E?? What are the purists gonna Thump their chest with??

Looks like you gotta excuse to get that bad ass silver one now...heehee
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Seeing all the ZL1 1LE's available at big discounts on cargurus.com this does not surprise me other than why it took GM so long to come to their senses.

Having said that I would and still intend to upgrade to a 6th gen ZL1 1LE with a stick one day... soon.

And Mike, after finally seeing your Crush Orange ZL1 1LE in person... wow.. that is a great looking ride.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
welp, time to make a trade! Looks awesome!
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #24
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Now this...
You owned both transmissions now mlee!
Which do you like better?
Old 01-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #25
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
This is great news all the way through.

Why?

(1.) It will bring more sales for Camaro. Furthermore it will open the doors for high performance model Camaros in the (if..) the future.

The purist thing is understandable - and I used to be there. But the new automatics are so good at this point, I'm open to them. But that's the thing, you have to use a *good* automatic. The 6-speed and 8-speed wasn't quite there yet (mostly speaking from the factory, without aftermarket). The 10-speed is (right off the showroom floor).

I do not think this dilutes the 1LE "brand". (2.) I think it enhances it by giving people a choice in their being interactive on track.

You are opening the doors wider for Camaro and for enthusiasts....
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #26
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Manual only guys with their flip phones are pissed even more know.
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #27
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
Manual only guys with their flip phones are pissed even more know.
Leave my flip phone out of this.

Besides, I hear flip phones are coming back.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...martphone.html
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #28
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
So... just to throw a stick in the spokes of the "what are the 1LE purists gonna say now?". LT5 (or more) Z/28, manual only..... 🤣🤣🤣
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote