Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #43
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Bet
Ok.
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #44
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Dam, I wish we had ethanol here :(
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #45
Gibspeed3

Drives: Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Ok.
Noticed in the screen shot your in-tank pump pressure is only at 59psi. Has anyone here been flashing their FPCM's?

I'm not sure if you guys have seen any issues, but the stock file requests less pressure from the pump as airflow/load rises, which can really hold back power and cause HPFP cavitation at higher power levels.
Gibspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #46
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibspeed3 View Post
Noticed in the screen shot your in-tank pump pressure is only at 59psi. Has anyone here been flashing their FPCM's?

I'm not sure if you guys have seen any issues, but the stock file requests less pressure from the pump as airflow/load rises, which can really hold back power and cause HPFP cavitation at higher power levels.

Yes, I have. I changed mine to keep the LP at 70psi. Made no difference at all in the HPFP and wideband afr. Still doesn't hurt to raise it though.
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #47
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:

I have not paid the credits for the access yet, but I might now. With some help from raflyer and a few others , I have been seriously re-thinking what I thought I knew about the fuel system and its capability. Previously, my only concern with the FPCM, was on rare occasions during a WOT pull, I noticed a small voltage drop in the log that correlated to a reduction in power.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 02-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #48
Gibspeed3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I have not paid the credits for the access yet, but I might now. With some help from raflyer and a few others , I have been seriously re-thinking what I thought I knew about the fuel system and its capability. Previously, my only concern with the FPCM, was on rare occasions during a WOT pull, I noticed a small voltage drop in the log that correlated to a reduction in power.
I will say that I know him from the ATS world, and he and I do not agree on most things LTG related, and I'll leave it at that.

The FPCM flashing is annoying to have to pay for it, but is a nice, cheapish safety net for where you currently are, while also being a near must for when you're really pushing a lot of air. With the stock file, it will pull that tank pressure all the way down into the 40psi range at higher load levels.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #49
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
I will say that I know him from the ATS world, and he and I do not agree on most things LTG related, and I'll leave it at that.

The FPCM flashing is annoying to have to pay for it, but is a nice, cheapish safety net for where you currently are, while also being a near must for when you're really pushing a lot of air. With the stock file, it will pull that tank pressure all the way down into the 40psi range at higher load levels.
Come on now! Just because i didnt agree with your approach to tuning the LTG as speed density setup instead of Maff based doesn't mean either one of us are smarter or less capable than the other. Nothing wrong with different opinions as long as they are fact based and not emotionally based. Yes your way works and yes the stock maff way works. As long as we learn in the process, that is all that matters. More power and safer power
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #50
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
With the stock file, it will pull that tank pressure all the way down into the 40psi range at higher load levels.
Your right. Reviewing several logs of mine, there is definitely a drop in my pressure ranging from 78ishPSI, to 45ishPSI at WOT. Something I had not noticed. Thank you for that.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 02-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #51
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I had my tuner check this when i went for an E85 race tune and he didn't notice any issues with voltage drop or fuel pressure.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #52
Gibspeed3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I had my tuner check this when i went for an E85 race tune and he didn't notice any issues with voltage drop or fuel pressure.
Maybe he doesn't think the drop is affecting your power where you're currently at and that's why he's saying it's a non-issue. As far as whether or not it's happening though, it's definitely happening and will only decrease further as you go further with power.