Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #15
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
This is kinda of a confusing statement.
Maybe so for a young child. Most people over 5 years old know that the pumps that deliver gas from holding tanks to the nozzle at gas stations run on electricity.

Also "kinda" is slang/informal for "kind of." You wrote "kinda of" meaning "kind of of". Nice.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #16
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
The "Quiet Revolution" you speak of is coming and it cannot be stopped. Almost like this Hummer. Oh, I would not get one in a truck, but maybe for car to go to work and back. So I can give the finger to the oil companies. One can make electricity at home with wind and solar. Even NG powered generators.

I just thought the torque number was the largest I have ever seen in a vehicle. I am sure no one else has.

While you’re giving the finger to the oil companies, you may want to think of society’s true dependence on oil products...

Over and above transportation direct fuels, here is a short list of products produced from/by hydrocarbons - Insecticides, Ink, Floor Wax, Pens, Upholstery, Clothing, Boats, Sports Car Bodies, Nail Polish, Fishing Lures, Bags, Perfumes, Cassettes, Dishwasher Parts, Tool Boxes, Shoe Polish, Helmets, Caulking, Petroleum Jelly, Tape, Washers, Antiseptics, Curtains, Food Preservatives, Basketballs, Soap, Antihistamines, Purses, Dashboards, Cortisone, Deodorant, Footballs, Putty, Dyes, Panty Hose, Refrigerant, Percolators, Life Jackets, Rubbing Alcohol, Linings, Skis, TV Cabinets, Shag Rugs, Electrician's Tape, Tool Racks, Car Battery Cases, Epoxy, Paint, Mops, Slacks, Insect Repellent, Oil Filters, Umbrellas, Yarn, Fertilizers, Hair Coloring, Roofing, Toilet Seats, Fishing Rods, Lipstick, Denture Adhesive, Linoleum, Speakers, Plastic Wood, Electric Blankets, Glycerin, Tennis Rackets, Rubber Cement, Dice, Nylon Rope, Candles, Trash Bags, Paint, Water Pipes, Hand Lotion, Roller Skates, Surfboards, Shampoo, Wheels, Paint Rollers, Shower Curtains, Guitar Strings, Luggage, Safety Glasses, Antifreeze, Awnings, Eyeglasses, Toothbrushes, Ice Chests, Combs, CD's & DVD's, Brushes, Detergents, Vaporizers, Balloons, SunGlasses, Tents, Heart Valves, Crayons, Parachutes, Telephones, Enamel, Pillows, Dishes, Cameras, Anesthetics, Artificial Turf, Artificial Limbs, Bandages, Dentures, Model Cars, Folding Doors, Hair Curlers, Cold Cream, Movie Film, Soft Contact Lenses, Drinking Cups, Fan Belts, Car Enamel, Shaving Cream, Ammonia, Refrigerators, Golf Balls, Toothpaste, and of course Solvents, Motor Oil, Bearing Grease ….

True these cars run on electricity charged batteries, but they couldn’t possibly be made without oil. Also of note, when you charge said electric vehicle, bear in mind the electricity you’re charging with likely in some location down the grid, comes from a coal burning power plant. No offence intended, I just think most don’t look at the whole picture here. Technology is certainly moving us in the right direction, but we have a long way to go.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #17
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
A lot of gas stations have backup generators and are required to switch over during a blackout so people can fill their tanks. The generators run on natural gas, diesel, etc. This is required by law in evacuation routes. Luckily everyone is over 5 on this site so they would know this.
What does "a lot" mean and in what states? There is no federal statute or other requirement about backup generators. What law are you referring to in your post with respect to evacuation routes and generators? You seem to be so knowledgeable; show me the law.

Only a handful of states have such requirements. Around here (i.e. the entirety of CA) the gas stations are out when power is out. FL, a state prone to hurricanes, has only 200 in the entire state with mandated generators under Florida law. So, do you have a citation or proof of your claim from any source? Or are you just being smug and largely incorrect?

Bottom line, the animus toward electric vehicles amongst car owners is juvenile, ignorant, and just plain stupid.

Last edited by ohsmily; 02-01-2020 at 11:38 AM.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #18
ht600

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
What does "a lot" mean and in what states? There is no federal statute or other requirement about backup generators. What law are you referring to in your post with respect to evacuation routes and generators? You seem to be so knowledgeable; show me the law.

Only a handful of states have such requirements. Around here (i.e. the entirety of CA) the gas stations are out when power is out. FL, a state prone to hurricanes, has only 200 in the entire state with mandated generators under Florida law. So, do you have a citation or proof of your claim from any source? Or are you just being smug and largely incorrect?

Bottom line, the animus toward electric vehicles amongst car owners is juvenile, ignorant, and just plain stupid.
ht600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #19
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Maybe so for a young child. Most people over 5 years old know that the pumps that deliver gas from holding tanks to the nozzle at gas stations run on electricity.

Also "kinda" is slang/informal for "kind of." You wrote "kinda of" meaning "kind of of". Nice.
Meaning, "Until you run out of gas because pumps dont run when there is no electricity!".... if you have an electric car. You won't run out of gas. DA

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #20
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
A lot of gas stations have backup generators and are required to switch over during a blackout so people can fill their tanks. The generators run on natural gas, diesel, etc. This is required by law in evacuation routes. Luckily everyone is over 5 on this site so they would know this.
When I went through a Hurricane in Louisiana. There was not any electricity for 4 months. We got gas straight from the semi tanker no problem.

Past Rides
Old 02-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #21
unavailablezl1

Quote:

What's with all of the hostility when the OP just showed a new vehicle ad.

Past Rides
Old 02-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #22
leomio85

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
It's a GM product. After a year, it'll have so many electrical issues, it will be undrivable.
leomio85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #23
SouthFloridaGTO

Drives: 2005 GTO, 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Meaning, "Until you run out of gas because pumps dont run when there is no electricity!".... if you have an electric car. You won't run out of gas. DA
The "until you run out of gas because pumps dont run when there is no electricity" is directed at and he even directly quoted the guy in the second post ... keep up bud.
SouthFloridaGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #24
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
I bet it will cost at least 65-70k, if not more.
Probably that for sure. Maybe $95k

Past Rides
Old 02-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #25
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Until you run out of gas because pumps dont run when there is no electricity!
I live out in the Country...my own tank and hand crank...all the farmers or in my area have diesel and unleaded tanks, most of us have our gas of choice...above or below ground!lol
You can keep it good for up to 3 years if needed.
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #26
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
He forgot that little part.
Except that most of us out in the Country have our own tanks with hand pumps! Hee hee
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #27
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Except that most of us out in the Country have our own tanks with hand pumps! Hee hee
I’m in the country too. No big deal.