Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #309
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Definately not a full second... that's just what's been thrown around by Ford guys saying how unfair it is lol
I know when I said the full second, I was just quoting what Jason said in the TH video.

Quote:
I've also heard it may be gearing related, still they should let it get to the rev limiter and let it reach top speed that way like the regular m6 zl1 does. The thing is geared lile a manual so it makes sense but at the same time you would think it could gain some even with a tall 6th gear with 760hp.

Ford should stop being lame and put an m7 on it, you could even keep it geared the same
True
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #310
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
The general reason for a very high top speed is marketing. There really are hardly any places you can do the 160 plus so I guess I don't get the point. We don't have and never will have a track like the 'Ring here so if it can't be reached on tracks like RA or Cota it is pointless to me personally.

I get some like to do the Texas Mile etc so I get for that. It is still a very small use case though.
Yeah I cared about top speed when I was in middle school and picking a McLaren F1 in Need For Speed II because it was the fastest car in the game lol.

Exactly. There are no tracks near me that I could venture to, where I could get close to 180 so I don't care.

Texas mile does seem cool, but in stock form the few videos I have seen of stock ZL1 and Hellcats hit the mid 170s and that's it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #311
LSA

Drives: Fast
Again, the tire argument is made up.

They were surprised the ZL1 won. That was their best, highly speculative, explanation.
LSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #312
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Agreed, it really makes a lot of these threads unreadable and hard to follow sometimes.

Take it to PM guys if you really want to argue about the same things over and over in every thread please.
I quess we need to Whitehole to balance out things.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #313
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah I cared about top speed when I was in middle school and picking a McLaren F1 in Need For Speed II because it was the fastest car in the game lol.

Exactly. There are no tracks near me that I could venture to, where I could get close to 180 so I don't care.

Texas mile does seem cool, but in stock form the few videos I have seen of stock ZL1 and Hellcats hit the mid 170s and that's it.
Plus 1 agreed.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #314
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Like most "vs" threads, this one has become
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #315
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Agreed, it really makes a lot of these threads unreadable and hard to follow sometimes.

Take it to PM guys if you really want to argue about the same things over and over in every thread please.
Please

Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #316
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSA View Post
They were surprised the ZL1 won. That was their best, highly speculative, explanation.
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #317
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The general reason for a very high top speed is marketing. There really are hardly any places you can do the 160 plus so I guess I don't get the point. We don't have and never will have a track like the 'Ring here so if it can't be reached on tracks like RA or Cota it is pointless to me personally.

I get some like to do the Texas Mile etc so I get for that. It is still a very small use case though.
I agree with most of this, but if the car is capable why cap it? Let it top out. Sure it could be dangerous, so can 0 to 60 under 3 seconds.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:29 AM   #318
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:

This is the short version of this whole thread lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #319
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:

When the Ford car barely wins by less than a second, whatever GT350(R), GT500...GT, it is a slaughter, destroyed, decimated affair.

When the ZL1, C8, etc wins, then either it was fixed, sandbagging, some lame excuse. Or, the GM car is ugly or bad visibility so the Ford is the "better" car.

So, the GM car never wins.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #320
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I agree with most of this, but if the car is capable why cap it? Let it top out. Sure it could be dangerous, so can 0 to 60 under 3 seconds.
^THIS!

The S550 platform has been plagued with issues, including high speed stability issues.

It is completely fair if not expected, that people would assume the same with the GT500 considering its cap.

Even if Ford had an excuse, at this point I dont think any non-fan boi would believe it anyway.

This is their Halo car, and the LAST to the party. What gives?
Old 02-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #321
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
^THIS!

The S550 platform has been plagued with issues, including high speed stability issues.

It is completely fair if not expected, that people would assume the same with the GT500 considering its cap.

Even if Ford had an excuse, at this point I dont think any non-fan boi would believe it anyway.

This is their Halo car, and the LAST to the party. What gives?
Yea, the last solid axle version was hailed as a 200mph car, why regress regardless of how meaningless and rarely explored of a stat that may be.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #322
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You know less about me than I know about you as you refuse to do the simplest research available by either going to the track section of the forum or clicking my username and searching my posts. Also my SS is faster than your cars. I did run over a 12 on one of my 15 or so runs that day though so my car must be really inconsistent.
I don't care about your life enough to do all that. And are you absolutely sure your SS is faster than my cars based on your time slips??
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Why is the discussion focused on what one guy may, or may not, have done with his personal car when it really comes down to this? A discussion about the technical limits of the cars and why Ford needed to limit their top dog.
They do this all the time. Whenever the talk goes to how terrible the GT500 performs they start talking about where I live, how much money I make, if I really own my cars, what I do at the track, 180 MPH...they all try to deflect from the Mustang.
Quote:
that I don't know. Maybe it won't be as bad or maybe it will be just enough to be noticeable. I remember going from my 04 to 07 the switch from a throttle cable to drive by wire drove me insane. That slight delay, I couldn't cut a light to save my life in the 07. I could chop the tree down in my 04.
I wonder why no mention was made of this "delay" in any of the myriad reviews or all the track runs...up until it lost to the ZL1. ALl these guys who got their GT500s and headed straight for the track and were out doing launches and this and that and not one mention of this delay. Now all of a sudden there is a 1 second delay...
Quote:
The only issue I have with the speed limit thing, is you saying that is unstable past 180 as fact. That is opinion, now I have said many pages ago you may very well be right until someone unlocks the ECU and has the area to run it we won't now . I just don't like people spouting opinions as fact. And you seem to be really the only person that cares about it.
Yes I care about it. Why shouldn't I? Because if it really is unstable over 180 then something is wrong and Ford hid that info. But for the record, do you really think Ford is gonna put that info out there? If some yahoo tunes it and it flies off the road do you think Ford is gonna come out after the fact and explain that it is unstable? Like, their 6 year 760 HP project has a severe issue at high speeds. I wouldn't answer that question either. But when no other car has been limited like that, not even the previous Gen GT500, and then all of a sudden they're talking about "who is going that fast anyway", does that seriously not strike you as odd? There are plenty of places where a person can reach 180 MPH. It is not that hard to do. It doesn't take a genius to do it.

Quote:
Maybe someone here can check the math someone on 6g said because this topic came up over there again and this is above my pay grade lol. Their theory on the speed cap was they said based on the gearing, and trans ratios blah blah that the GT500 should have a theoretical top speed of 190 but at 190 it would be bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th gear because I believe 6th and 7th are OD gears. I think I have that right I am going off memory and not gonna dig through over there to find it word for word. I am not smart enough to figure that out, anyone care to chime in lol.
I'd like to know this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Not normal in my experience.
It was never brought up until the ZL1 beat it...
Quote:

Along with the 1 second delay...

I do think they needed an excuse for why the GT500 has been losing and this was the easiest one. Although they did use it back when the GT350R lost to the ZL1. So maybe Ford actually is handicapping their cars so it will never be an official loss...
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Or maybe an AvailableGT500 Roy...
Quote:
It just doesn't make sense.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote