Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
zl1 with too many issues

my 2013 has been in the shop at least 4 times in the last 5 weeks. the main issue i had was an 02 sensor that kept acting up and my dealer grandprize chevorlet didnt have a clue. it seems to have been resolved at this point. my second issue is this annoying grinding sound coming from the fromt of the engine while at idle. this is still unresolved but the car will be dropped of at grandprize chevorlet in miami fl. on tuesday so they can have a look at it. my third issue is my a/c dials dont change the number setting most of the time when increasing the setting. the a/c would be on full blast with the number setting still stuck on the number 1. my fourth and final issue is with the quality of the rim paint coating around the lug nuts has faded and gm doesnt want refurbish the rims nor replace them with rims that have a quality paint coating on them. ive owned mustangs in the past and now i wish i'd just bought a new gt500 instead because this car has too many issues. oh yea, and the gm personel that hang around the boards here are no help and a waste of our time and energy. they get on here and try to give us the illusion that they have our best interest at hand but believe me folks when i say, they dont. i mean really, what can they do that the dealer cant? answer: not a damn thing. this bullshit phone maid named REDD that so called handled one of my cases hasnt a clue and all he did was give the usual custormer service mombo jumbo bull without really doing anthing at all. if you guys/gals have any problems with these cars you should flood the dealerships with repairing any little issue there is and stop making excuses for these cars because you're a so call loyal customer. gm only wants your money and if they could have it their way and get away with it they'd tell us "too bad so sad you've bought it now suck it up". they dont say this because there are laws that prevent them from saying it and not because they care about the customer. wake up folks!!
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt
my 2013 has been in the shop at least 4 times in the last 5 weeks. the main issue i had was an 02 sensor that kept acting up and my dealer grandprize chevorlet didnt have a clue. it seems to have been resolved at this point. my second issue is this annoying grinding sound coming from the fromt of the engine while at idle. this is still unresolved but the car will be dropped of at grandprize chevorlet in miami fl. on tuesday so they can have a look at it. my third issue is my a/c dials dont change the number setting most of the time when increasing the setting. the a/c would be on full blast with the number setting still stuck on the number 1. my fourth and final issue is with the quality of the rim paint coating around the lug nuts has faded and gm doesnt want refurbish the rims nor replace them with rims that have a quality paint coating on them. ive owned mustangs in the past and now i wish i'd just bought a new gt500 instead because this car has too many issues. oh yea, and the gm personel that hang around the boards here are no help and a waste of our time and energy. they get on here and try to give us the illusion that they have our best interest at hand but believe me folks when i say, they dont. i mean really, what can they do that the dealer cant? answer: not a damn thing. this bullshit phone maid named REDD that so called handled one of my cases hasnt a clue and all he did was give the usual custormer service mombo jumbo bull without really doing anthing at all. if you guys/gals have any problems with these cars you should flood the dealerships with repairing any little issue there is and stop making excuses for these cars because you're a so call loyal customer. gm only wants your money and if they could have it their way and get away with it they'd tell us "too bad so sad you've bought it now suck it up". they dont say this because there are laws that prevent them from saying it and not because they care about the customer. wake up folks!!
Are you going to post that on every thread here?

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
TheGC1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
my third issue is my a/c dials dont change the number setting most of the time when increasing the setting. the a/c would be on full blast with the number setting still stuck on the number 1. my fourth and final issue is with the quality of the rim paint coating around the lug nuts has faded
My 2013 is having those issues as well. The A/C dial on the display being stuck probably happens more than I think, but seems like it's a couple times a week... As far as the wheels, I have that issue as well, but I don't think it's faded as much as it was a poor coating of paint to begin with. It's not properly/completely coated.

I haven't brought it in yet... But I will.

Past Rides:
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 | Nightfall Gray
2013 Camaro ZL1 M6 #6052| Summit White
TheGC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGC1 View Post
My 2013 is having those issues as well. The A/C dial on the display being stuck probably happens more than I think, but seems like it's a couple times a week... As far as the wheels, I have that issue as well, but I don't think it's faded as much as it was a poor coating of paint to begin with. It's not properly/completely coated.

I haven't brought it in yet... But I will.
It sucks having issues with a new car no doubt. A good dealer will take care of the issues. I have always had good customers service from my dealer and GM. Hopefully they resolve your issues.

My wheels are starting to show the lack of proper paint as well. I do not expect any issues with GM swapping them out. It is too bad the manufacturer screwed up those wheels. I thought about having the lug nut area painted but I am concerned about the quality of the paint on the rest of the wheels.

Last edited by JWR046; 08-17-2013 at 08:35 AM.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Are you going to post that on every thread here?
Apparently only until we all wake up...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
i really understand your point of view about GM! the probleme is that GM manufacture are ppl who want there product to be at the top but when you take your ZL1 in at GM dealers that sells 20 car a year,this is where the Madness begin,like i said in another tread, ppl in there just want to finish the day as fast as they can and they are working for the week-end they really dont care if its a ZL1 or chevrelet CRUIZ its all the same for them! and GM manufacture wont ever be able to solve this provblem!SAD BUT TRUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post

Last edited by 580/556 ZL1; 08-17-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: grammer
580/556 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The customer service reps on here can only pass on information to the next level, what happens then is anyone's guess. Basically it falls on the dealership and their personell to keep the customer happy, if you don't like the service you receive from them file a complaint with GM and take your car somewhere else...that sir is all up to you.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
GAZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The customer service reps on here can only pass on information to the next level, what happens then is anyone's guess. Basically it falls on the dealership and their personell to keep the customer happy, if you don't like the service you receive from them file a complaint with GM and take your car somewhere else...that sir is all up to you.

That's it in a nutshell...you need to find a dealer that truly is in the "game" and has your best interest at heart!

The part that sucks is that's easier said than done...
GAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The above reply is right out of the BM bullshit hand book, IMHO....and that SIR ain't no crap
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
This is deja vou for me!! Bought the car at Grand Prize because they were honest and didnt charge extra over the sticker price; however, service department SUCKS!!!!!

I suggest that you take it to Maroone Chevrolet Miami ( Now AutoNation)4181 SW 8th St, Miami. They have a mechanic that only works on Corvetts and Camaro and they know their stuff.

Good luck!!!
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Okay, I'm going to just throw this out there because it is kind of what I believe. I'm driving a Chevy Camaro. I don't expect the quality, fit, finish, and engineering that I would expect from Cadillac, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Lambrogini. All of those manufactures have cars in the horsepower range of our ZL1 but they are way more expensive. Chevy is capable of making cars like the other brands but they know that some of us don't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for them so they have to cut costs somewhere. If you want a show car, save your bucks and buy a Jag or a Benz.

I'm sure GM will fix the A/C. Not every component in any car is flawless, every single manufacturer has to perform warranty work....all of them. I don't necessarily think all of the sounds that come from my engine compartment are the most melodious but the thing makes wicked power and works. Have you ever owned a supercharged car before? Granted some superchargers sound better than others but the Eaton is a little noisy. They can change all of the isolators but the supercharger still runs at a different rpm than the rest of the engine and inherently vibrations can get out of phase and make "noise". They still make power which is what this car is really designed to do. If you don't like the wheels buy a new set or get yours powder coated....

The ZL1 is a huge performance bargain, the price discount had to come form somewhere. I would rather GM keep making the cars exactly as they are rather than pay another 30 to 50K more for a flawless show car. And by the way, my Jags got towed into the dealer for Warranty repairs that disabled the car way more often than my GM. I never saw the flaw but the car wouldn't run because of a failed sensor.

Not meaning to offend but it really is simple economics, this is a relatively cheap car and I love it.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah677 View Post
The above reply is right out of the BM bullshit hand book, IMHO....and that SIR ain't no crap
No BS here, I am speaking from personal experience dealing with both good and bad dealers of various makes over the last 42 years.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Here's some info to help clear things up.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302857

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM

I know your frustration!
z28man2 is offline   Reply With Quote