Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2023, 12:44 AM   #15
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrep View Post
I know your pain as I was on a few lists for close to 2 years ever since I let a rally green ZLE manual get away from me.

Found my rapid blue, manual, ect that checked all the boxed except PDR which was rumored to be on constraint. I pulled the trigger, bought it, and left my deposits at the other dealers. The way things are looking I'm glad I did because a ZLE would not have happened for me. If I do get a call I'll either pick it up and sell it (no gouging as that is an asshat move) - or offer the allotment to somebody in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
I have a Summit White ZL1 M6 order at my dealership I always buy from. Waiting to see if it gets picked up this next week on the 19th here in CA.

In meantime I found the exact same build but in Black that is in transit ETA 10/23 to a dealership in Utah. I did all paperwork and put my deposit down. It’s mine, but I’m going to wait and see if my other order gets picked up and if it does once it has a TPW I will let the one in Utah go. If it does not I’ll fly up to Utah and grab it.

Both vehicles at MSRP NO DEALER ADD ONS ETC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
Sounds like you both have done what my gutt is telling me. I don't want to pass this one up and risk not getting anything at all. I will have a better idea after this weeks allocation comes out. if no allocation, my decision gets easier.
I have a 24 Riptide Blue M6 ZL1 without a sunroof on order, but at this point it's likely a zero chance it gets accepted. So a couple of weeks ago I started looking for a 23 in stock or in transit. Manual ZL1s without a sunroof are hard to find. In my searching I found a Rapid Blue ZL1 that was just what I was looking for in Arizona. However, when I called to inquire about the car I found out someone had just put a deposit down on it and was coming to pick it up in the next few days. The salesman took my info in case it didn't sell, but it did. So in addition to new 23s I started looking at used 22s and 23s with less than 5,000 miles. It appears to me that many ZL1 owners don't daily drive their cars with quite a few low mileage cars out there. In my searching I ran across a 22 Summit White ZL1 M6 no sunroof one owner car with only 2,700 miles so I bought it last week. I'm happy with my decision and I ended up getting it for far less than the cost of a new 23 and certainly a new 24. At the end of the day it was too good of a deal to pass up.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)

Last edited by ZPirate; 10-11-2023 at 12:53 PM.
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 06:21 AM   #16
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
It is 5.75%. I’m putting down $50k also. Insurance just totaled my 2022 2SS/1LE. Been a long story. I made out like a king! After I get my warranty money back I’m getting $72k! I owned it outright.
Ok not bad! Sucks about them totalling it out, but sounds like you’re able to get a nice upgrade to a ZL1 for little to no extra money.

Got these last night from sales woman.
Attached Images

split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 06:22 AM   #17
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
The colour pops so much when the light hits it!
Attached Images

split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:53 AM   #18
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
The colour pops so much when the light hits it!
Congratulations! I really love that color. You did right by taking the ZL1 available now, because you never really know what can happen by waiting. That is what I did in June, versus waiting on two that I had ordered. Got my deposits back and very happy.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #19
Caerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
In my searching I ran across a 22 Summit White ZL1 M6 no sunroof one owner car with only 2,700 miles so I bought it last week.
Great to hear about your new ZL1. Good decision to get it now and welcome to the Summit White club. You will enjoy the color and new special ride. Please post some pix in the Summit White thread.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:00 AM   #20
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Ok not bad! Sucks about them totalling it out, but sounds like you’re able to get a nice upgrade to a ZL1 for little to no extra money.

Got these last night from sales woman.
Very nice, congrats!
Old 10-11-2023, 12:47 PM   #21
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Great to hear about your new ZL1. Good decision to get it now and welcome to the Summit White club. You will enjoy the color and new special ride. Please post some pix in the Summit White thread.
Thanks! Like you I wanted to make sure I got a ZL1 rather than missing out. After seeing the pictures you posted in the Summit White thread, I decided that I like the ZL1 in white. My shipper is supposed to pick up my car this Saturday and deliver it to my house on Sunday. Can't wait to actually drive it.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:39 AM   #22
Caerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Thanks! Like you I wanted to make sure I got a ZL1 rather than missing out. After seeing the pictures you posted in the Summit White thread, I decided that I like the ZL1 in white. My shipper is supposed to pick up my car this Saturday and deliver it to my house on Sunday. Can't wait to actually drive it.
Great to hear you will soon have the ZL1. We look forward to your thoughts and pictures. I know there was a lot of debate in making this decision, but you will not regret it. For myself it certainly was a soul searching decision.

Enjoy!