Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-10-2023, 01:46 PM   #1
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Secured a ZL1

Well I figure I'd fill everyone in. I secured a ZL1. I have orders in at 4 local dealers, all whom had ZL1 orders last year. None of those orders have been allocated. I have 2 Thursdays left to get them filled, and a car ordered the exact way I want. I was skimming through the inventory today and found the exact car I am looking for minus the sunroof.

Has copper free brakes, a carbon gas cap, and some LPO items, which I didn't have. But the main options, carbon hood scoop, carbon dash panel, shifter cover, MN6 transmission, red seat belts, Performance video recorder. It has all of those.

I emailed this morning and it was available. Sales manager said there was 4 other people in line after me between the time I reached out and the time we were on the phone. They are selling at MSRP, and should be on the lot today or tomorrow. I sent in a deposit, and am going to wait and see if any of my original orders get picked up this Thursday. If they don't I think its pretty safe to say I will be taking the one without the sunroof.

If I do take this car, should I keep my deposit down for the last remaining allocation day? Or get a refund on that? I am really excited but having buyers remorse at the same time. Now to figure out which way I want to go about the financing/ cash portion of it. It is a bad time for financing lol.

Last edited by split_bumper; 10-10-2023 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added words
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
I know your pain as I was on a few lists for close to 2 years ever since I let a rally green ZLE manual get away from me.

Found my rapid blue, manual, ect that checked all the boxed except PDR which was rumored to be on constraint. I pulled the trigger, bought it, and left my deposits at the other dealers. The way things are looking I'm glad I did because a ZLE would not have happened for me. If I do get a call I'll either pick it up and sell it (no gouging as that is an asshat move) - or offer the allotment to somebody in here.
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 02:21 PM   #3
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
I have a Summit White ZL1 M6 order at my dealership I always buy from. Waiting to see if it gets picked up this next week on the 19th here in CA.

In meantime I found the exact same build but in Black that is in transit ETA 10/23 to a dealership in Utah. I did all paperwork and put my deposit down. It’s mine, but I’m going to wait and see if my other order gets picked up and if it does once it has a TPW I will let the one in Utah go. If it does not I’ll fly up to Utah and grab it.

Both vehicles at MSRP NO DEALER ADD ONS ETC!
Old 10-10-2023, 02:58 PM   #4
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrep View Post
I know your pain as I was on a few lists for close to 2 years ever since I let a rally green ZLE manual get away from me.

Found my rapid blue, manual, ect that checked all the boxed except PDR which was rumored to be on constraint. I pulled the trigger, bought it, and left my deposits at the other dealers. The way things are looking I'm glad I did because a ZLE would not have happened for me. If I do get a call I'll either pick it up and sell it (no gouging as that is an asshat move) - or offer the allotment to somebody in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
I have a Summit White ZL1 M6 order at my dealership I always buy from. Waiting to see if it gets picked up this next week on the 19th here in CA.

In meantime I found the exact same build but in Black that is in transit ETA 10/23 to a dealership in Utah. I did all paperwork and put my deposit down. It’s mine, but I’m going to wait and see if my other order gets picked up and if it does once it has a TPW I will let the one in Utah go. If it does not I’ll fly up to Utah and grab it.

Both vehicles at MSRP NO DEALER ADD ONS ETC!

Sounds like you both have done what my gutt is telling me. I don't want to pass this one up and risk not getting anything at all. I will have a better idea after this weeks allocation comes out. if no allocation, my decision gets easier.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:03 PM   #5
shippingguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
Sounds like you both have done what my gutt is telling me. I don't want to pass this one up and risk not getting anything at all. I will have a better idea after this weeks allocation comes out. if no allocation, my decision gets easier.
I was in same boat and started doing dealer searches Saturday. 6 speed manual is very TOUGH. Also no sunroof is tough! I did not want a sunroof. Also dealers wanting stupid markups! Vegas wanted $30k over!😂
Old 10-10-2023, 04:00 PM   #6
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
I still have an order in on a '24. I wasn't confident it would get built so I picked up a '23. Same build as my order. I have not told my dealer about my purchase. Curious to see if the '24 shows up and what they price it at.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:50 PM   #7
split_bumper

Quote:
I was in same boat and started doing dealer searches Saturday. 6 speed manual is very TOUGH. Also no sunroof is tough! I did not want a sunroof. Also dealers wanting stupid markups! Vegas wanted $30k over!😂

I have been searching for months, basically since early July when I put my orders in. Every day i surf through, and just the right timing on this one. The best part is its every option I wanted, and they assured me it will be at MSRP.

It did grow on me a little. The body lines look better without a sunroof. i have a sunroof in my truck and use it on the tilt function all the time. It definitely isn't a deal breaker for me. Just trying to get some finance stuff worked out and then as long as an order doesn't get picked up this Thursday, I think I will be going through with the purchase.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:57 PM   #8
shippingguy

Quote:
I have been searching for months, basically since early July when I put my orders in. Every day i surf through, and just the right timing on this one. The best part is its every option I wanted, and they assured me it will be at MSRP.

It did grow on me a little. The body lines look better without a sunroof. i have a sunroof in my truck and use it on the tilt function all the time. It definitely isn't a deal breaker for me. Just trying to get some finance stuff worked out and then as long as an order doesn't get picked up this Thursday, I think I will be going through with the purchase.
Yeah the body line is way better IMO without sunroof. I like sunroofs just not on these cars. For me if my order gets picked up and I bail on this one I’m really only losing like $1000. It’s worth it for the piece of mind that I know FOR SURE I have a car no matter what.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:22 PM   #9
split_bumper

Quote:
Yeah the body line is way better IMO without sunroof. I like sunroofs just not on these cars. For me if my order gets picked up and I bail on this one I’m really only losing like $1000. It’s worth it for the piece of mind that I know FOR SURE I have a car no matter what.
Yes I agree. They told me my deposit was fully refundable so I felt I had no risk in doing so. Fingers crossed everything will work out for both of us.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:31 PM   #10
shippingguy

Quote:
Yes I agree. They told me my deposit was fully refundable so I felt I had no risk in doing so. Fingers crossed everything will work out for both of us.
Yep the one I have secured in Utah and did paperwork on today is with Jack Cooper In Transit so I know worst case I’ll have a black 2024 M6 in a few weeks. Haha
Old 10-10-2023, 06:18 PM   #11
split_bumper

Quote:
Yep the one I have secured in Utah and did paperwork on today is with Jack Cooper In Transit so I know worst case I’ll have a black 2024 M6 in a few weeks. Haha
What did you do for payment? Did you finance or just cash? Wondering what the going rate for gm financial is. Says 7.9% online but i've heard the rate they get for you is generally lower.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:44 PM   #12
shippingguy

Quote:
What did you do for payment? Did you finance or just cash? Wondering what the going rate for gm financial is. Says 7.9% online but i've heard the rate they get for you is generally lower.
I will finance through my credit union. I won’t finance through them.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:43 PM   #13
split_bumper

Quote:
I will finance through my credit union. I won’t finance through them.
Do you mind me asking what interest rate you ended up getting? They are working on getting a rate for me now and I should hear an answer tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:28 PM   #14
shippingguy

Quote:
Do you mind me asking what interest rate you ended up getting? They are working on getting a rate for me now and I should hear an answer tomorrow.
It is 5.75%. I’m putting down $50k also. Insurance just totaled my 2022 2SS/1LE. Been a long story. I made out like a king! After I get my warranty money back I’m getting $72k! I owned it outright.