Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-18-2023, 10:38 PM   #15
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_evans View Post
Hello, If you don't mind me asking, did your dealer charge over the $116k MSRP on your collector edition?

I had my name in at 3 dealerships over a year ago and was number 1 on the list at all three. Sherwood Park Chev got an allocation and gave it to a guy that offered $160k for it. I called and asked WTF was going on when I seen it listed on their website. Salesman told me they gave it to this guy because they didn't think I would pay that. Which I wouldn't. Greedy bunch of crooks.

Seen another at my second dealership listed (Northgate Chev). Call and asked WTF. Told me I was number 3 on the list . The sales manager that had me down at No1 had left and the list was lost.

They both told me they were confident of getting another allocation. Which I doubt it. Guess I will just be happy with my 2022 ZL1.
Can I come back and answer that question after I pick it up? I really don't want to jinx it! I certainly don't mind telling you what I paid after I sign the papers. It's not here yet but it's on the rail heading here so maybe another week or possibly 2.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 04:15 PM   #16
blair_evans

Drives: 22 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
Can I come back and answer that question after I pick it up? I really don't want to jinx it! I certainly don't mind telling you what I paid after I sign the papers. It's not here yet but it's on the rail heading here so maybe another week or possibly 2.
Yes. Totally understand. Dealers appear to be shady with these. Or to me at least lol. I hope it all goes smooth for you.
2022 Ford F350 Limited
blair_evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 04:31 PM   #17
blair_evans

Drives: 22 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
Weird because I was no1 at North gate for CE and normal ZL1 ( for 2 yrs), and ask for my deposit back because they got no allocation last I heard a couple wks ago however heard they got an allocation from one of their other shops. Also got my deposit from Sherwood Chev because nothing and they mark everything up and admit they do. Glad the 3rd dealer at a smaller dealer got my car and it is built now ( ZL1) with no mark up and sitting at the GM lot waiting for shipping up here to Alberta
Yeah not the first run around I had with Sherwood Chev. I ordered a 22 from them and had an agreement on the trade for my 01. When it arrived they wouldn't honor the trade value. I walked and found one at Northgate that was coming in. The sales manager was Pete at Northgate, which is no longer there. Just looked back through my text and it was May 19, 2022 when he told me I was number 1 on the list. They are all alike, take your money and kick you in the butt on the way out the door.
2022 Ford F350 Limited
blair_evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 07:08 AM   #18
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Hello, If you don't mind me asking, did your dealer charge over the $116k MSRP on your collector edition?

I had my name in at 3 dealerships over a year ago and was number 1 on the list at all three. Sherwood Park Chev got an allocation and gave it to a guy that offered $160k for it. I called and asked WTF was going on when I seen it listed on their website. Salesman told me they gave it to this guy because they didn't think I would pay that. Which I wouldn't. Greedy bunch of crooks.

Seen another at my second dealership listed (Northgate Chev). Call and asked WTF. Told me I was number 3 on the list . The sales manager that had me down at No1 had left and the list was lost.

They both told me they were confident of getting another allocation. Which I doubt it. Guess I will just be happy with my 2022 ZL1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
Quote:
Yes. Totally understand. Dealers appear to be shady with these. Or to me at least lol. I hope it all goes smooth for you.

I signed off on the paperwork yesterday and it's all a done deal now. MSRP was $116K (CDN) and I paid $124K (CDN). $124K CDN is just under $90K USD so I feel OK about it. Option wise this would have been a $96K USD MSRP car with the automatic, sunroof, PDR, etc. I look at it like I paid over CDN MSRP but got it for well under US MSRP. The other option was no car at all as my original orders never got allocated.
Car was supposed to be at the dealer yesterday but with all the snow it has been delayed yet again. I'm going to organize a car hauling company to pick it up with an enclosed trailer and bring it 12 hours closer to me. I won't see it for at least another week.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 04:17 PM   #19
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
My car is still stuck in Edmonton switching railway cars (2024 radiant red ZL1, with sunroof, PDR, auto, carbon items etc etc) . However my sticker price including destination fee ($2000), air tax, AMVIC, Admin fees, federal excise tax, tire recycling fee comes to $97405 CDN (70,209 US) then Alberta 5% sale tax which is cheapest in Canada. So can't complain much. Zero mark up.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 04:39 PM   #20
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
My car is still stuck in Edmonton switching railway cars (2024 radiant red ZL1, with sunroof, PDR, auto, carbon items etc etc) . However my sticker price including destination fee ($2000), air tax, AMVIC, Admin fees, federal excise tax, tire recycling fee comes to $97405 CDN (70,209 US) then Alberta 5% sale tax which is cheapest in Canada. So can't complain much. Zero mark up.

Was definitely cheaper in Canada wise to get the car, just the logistics of trying to secure the availability of one. I am from Ontario so with the 13% tax it would have been closer to what it cost me here but still cheaper in Canadian by a smidge. Add in financing on a higher price tag it may balance itself back out in the long run. Glad you were able to secure one, like I was down here in the US. I am living in MN currently (work visa) but am a Canadian.

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:15 PM   #21
24LT1guy

Drives: 79,97,02 z28
Mine was 61,419 out the door. Lt1 with only 2 options- carbon black wheels and microfiber knee pads.
24LT1guy is offline   Reply With Quote