Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #4047
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
It says in the ad it's a concept.
Yes, small dark grey text over light grey, in an area that you're not really focusing on. An excellent way to ensure that everybody who sees the ad notices the disclaimer.

Certainly much clearer and more attention grabbing than having the voiceover guy explicitly say
'This is the Escala concept car. It will inspire the next generation Cadillac designs'

I mean, who pays attention to whats being said in a commercial vs seeking out the fine print?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #4048
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
http://carys-corvettes.blogspot.com/...-fraud-gt.html

So this was obviously written by a Corvette fanboy, but it does bring up some interesting points about the Ford supercar...
I found it interesting and some points are definitely pure fanboy criticism. But the whole application process to buy it, the price, how it'll only be in production for 3-5 years, production numbers, and how it produces its performance (mainly thinking aero) really makes it stand out in the GTLM/GTE class. Michelin did their usual road-to-track thing with GTLM Mfr's and the Ford GT looks like a spaceship compared to the Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Corvette.

I like the Ford, but I think it shouldn't be in GTLM/GTE. It is pushing the envelope, which is good, but it's pretty far from a GT car. It reminds me of the SCG003 that's a GT3 spec racecar but it produces downforce like a prototype.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:07 PM   #4049
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes, small dark grey text over light grey, in an area that you're not really focusing on. An excellent way to ensure that everybody who sees the ad notices the disclaimer.

Certainly much clearer and more attention grabbing than having the voiceover guy explicitly say
'This is the Escala concept car. It will inspire the next generation Cadillac designs'

I mean, who pays attention to whats being said in a commercial vs seeking out the fine print?
Well I for one have always looked for the fine print in commercials especially when something seems to be kind of a far out claim. How do you think I knew it Had that disclaimer?
Old 02-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #4050
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
I found it interesting and some points are definitely pure fanboy criticism. But the whole application process to buy it, the price, how it'll only be in production for 3-5 years, production numbers, and how it produces its performance (mainly thinking aero) really makes it stand out in the GTLM/GTE class. Michelin did their usual road-to-track thing with GTLM Mfr's and the Ford GT looks like a spaceship compared to the Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Corvette.

I like the Ford, but I think it shouldn't be in GTLM/GTE. It is pushing the envelope, which is good, but it's pretty far from a GT car. It reminds me of the SCG003 that's a GT3 spec racecar but it produces downforce like a prototype.
Has anyone been able to verify all the claims made in the rant? Just curious as how much is fanboy anger and how much is reality.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #4051
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Has anyone been able to verify all the claims made in the rant? Just curious as how much is fanboy anger and how much is reality.
The parts that come across as really fanboy criticism to me are how it isn't made in the USA by USA workers (corvette is), price (corvette price), availability to the common human (see price/application process) and the BOP argument. But I think the majority of his argument can be verified.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 02-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #4052
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://www.trucktrend.com/future-tru...rn-california/

2019 T1XX Sierra.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #4053
FenwickHockey65

Consumer Reports picked the Chevrolet Cruze as the best compact sedan.

Consumer Reports.

Over the Corolla.

And the Civic.

Consumer Reports.

Hell has frozen over.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #4054
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Consumer Reports.

Over the Corolla.

And the Civic.

Consumer Reports.

Hell has frozen over
Didn't they rate the new Impala extremely well a few years ago too? Something along the lines of 'best car ever'. I noted it because it was unusual to hear them give praise to a domestic, but also disregarded it because its still Consumer Reports.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #4055
FenwickHockey65

Yup. They actually still have it rated as best full size sedan.

Is it really Consumer Reports coming around or are they just worried their bias and irrelevance are becoming too obvious?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #4056
xc_SS/RS

Quote:

Consumer Reports.

Over the Corolla.

And the Civic.

Consumer Reports.

Hell has frozen over.
Blows my mind they picked the Cruze
Old 03-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #4057
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Is it really Consumer Reports coming around or are they just worried their bias and irrelevance are becoming too obvious?
My initial response is why would they be afraid of their bias.. after all they have gravitated towards imports for decades.... but, now you have a significant shift in leadership in government where there is a emphasis to select domestic manufacturing and products whenever possible. It does make you think for a second. However, I do not believe that is the reason.

I believe this is the result of Chevy stepping up their game. I for one am interested in the Cruze diesel hatchback with 6 speed manual when it becomes available to replace my daily driver. So yeah, I think it is a legit win based on merit.

Congrats to the men and women of GM that made a great car.

My 2 cents.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #4058
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Yup. They actually still have it rated as best full size sedan.

Having owned a 2015 Impala for a year I can agree it is an amazing car. After my Mother-in-Law passed away we no longer needed a vehicle that size so we sold it.
We now have the Buick Encore AWD as our "Family Car", it's no Impala by any means but it serves the purpose.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #4059
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Quote:
American Sports Car?

The Fraud GT isn’t made by Ford and it isn’t even made in the USA. The car is manufactured by Multimatic Motorsports in Markham, Ontario, Canada. I think Canada is a wonderful Country and USA ally, and I’m sure the employees of the company who build the Fraud GT are good people. But let’s not deceive the public into thinking the car is a real Ford, built in a Ford plant, with skilled American workers holding down good jobs.

Contrast the factory that builds the Fraud GT to the Corvette Assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, where America’s Sports Car has been built for the past 35 years. The Corvette plant employs about 1,000 employees.
It was designed by Ford and built in Canada. Much like the Camaro and Challenger, which were designed in Detroit yet built in Oshawa and Brampton. The claim the Camaro and Challenger isn't an American car is as false as this is.

Quote:
Suppose we wanted go down to our local Ford dealer to purchase (or order) a Fraud GT. Impossible. It is well documented that no matter how passionate you are about sports cars, or even Ford products, there is zero probability that you can buy this car. Prospective buyers are required to go through an application process, divulging personal information, and building a compelling case for why they are worthy of owning a Fraud (sounds a little like the TSA, huh!). Only the famous, rich, or super-models will be afFORDed the opportunity of competing with each other to buy a Fraud GT.
2017 and 2018 MY Ford GT's were singled out for previous Ford GT (the 2005/2006) owners. 2019 is for people who were passed over in the first wave and then 2020 is for new customers.

Quote:
How Many Frauds does it take to field a racing team?

For many years in the ALMS classes (GTS, GT1, GT2) and the IMSA GTLM class each manufacturer has fielded a team of two cars, never more. Individual (non-factory) teams typically field a single car.

The Fraud people are so obsessed with making the Fraud GT appear to be a winner (at any cost, I might add) that they have decided to field four cars. I wonder why they don’t just field 10 or 20 cars? Oh, that’s right, they probably can’t manufacture that many!
Bitter ranting.

Quote:
Forget Flipping the Fraud GT.

OK, so maybe you are thinking that you don’t really want to own an over-priced, automatic transmission equipped sports car, but you would like to make a few bucks by purchasing a Fraud GT and then flipping it at a profit. You can forget this idea too. I have it from a very reliable source that the “purchase agreement” for the Fraud GT includes a provision that if you want to sell the car, Ford has the first option of buying it back from you.
This is new? Ferrari did the same thing with the F430. It's called right of first refusal.

Quote:
(Im)Balance of Performance.

Despite their frequent mistakes, and that fact that they are easily duped, I comprehend the extremely difficult task the IMSA BoP people have in adjusting the cars for a competitive race.

I am proposing here and now one additional factor to be added to the BoP formula: “Production Adjusted Weight Factor” or PAWF. The formula works as follows; I will use the just completed 24 Hours of Daytona as an example:

For each car entered into the GTLM class 200 pounds is put into a “Weight Pool”; There were 11 cars at Daytona, so the weight pool would be 2,200 pounds.

The Weight Pool is distributed among the cars in inverse proportion to the number of cars produced by each manufacturer in the prior year; so the more real cars that are manufactured and sold to the public, the lower the weight adjustment for that manufacturer.

The table below shows the production numbers for model year 2016. There were no Fraud GTs produced in that year (apparently the first production car was a 2017 model year), but I wanted to give their team a little slack, so I counted the 4 cars that raced in 2016 as “production cars”. Based on these statistics, you can see the percentage of weight adjustment for each manufacturer.
"I'm going to make up a rule that punishes everyone BUT the Corvettes"

This guy is an angry tool. If another car other than the Ford GT's had been winning (let's just make up some fantasy Porsche that has a cost of $225,000) He'd want to make some rule saying that for every $10,000 over $100,000 MSRP you'd have to add 20lbs of weight "to make things fair".
Old 03-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #4060
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:

Consumer Reports.

Over the Corolla.

And the Civic.

Consumer Reports.

Hell has frozen over.
What a crock of shiznuts, I just read the motors are melting.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions