Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #85
TangoMike

Drives: 2012 2ls RS V6 Auto
I know 2 kids that tried to jump their truck. The driver killed his buddy and seriously injured himself and 2 people on another car when he blew a stop sign. Wasn't going over 100 MPH.

Another kid took his dad's Challenger and show off. Ended up jumping the first 2 lanes of the highway, hitting the far 2 lanes and rolling several times. Had no idea how to control the power the car had.

If you can't trust the kid not to break that speed that will void warranty, then you really can't trust him with a car that powerful

In short limiting the top speed won't limit the kids chance of injury. Did you try talking to the kid and explaining why he can't break that certain speed? Sometimes the easiest solution will work.
TangoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:19 PM   #86
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You have to remember that his son is a farm boy, different than us city slickers so that means he knows what he's doing!
How could I have forgotten
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #87
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Guys, wake up! Your dealing with a Troll Here!

SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:53 AM   #88
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Not going to tell you how to raise your son, for all we know this car might make him the next Jeff Gordon, who knows?

But, short of pulling a couple of plug wires, I don't know of any real way to slow the car down. I don't think there's really even a way to tune it to go slower, or at least by a lot.

Just make him watch a bunch of Mustang videos on YouTube and he'll get the idea...lol
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #89
caliraider

Drives: 2013 2ss Convertable
I was 24 when I got mine. And I came from a civic. Took me all of about 4 hours to get used to the car. He should be fine as long as he is responsible. As for your question talk to the dealership and ask them what to do.
caliraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #90
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
15 to 24 is ALOT of years and alot more maturity...ok, maybe not ALOT, but I would say it's vastly improved.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #91
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
Well I'm 19 with a 2ss ls3 and I actually never drove a stick before the day I got my car and got it down within about 3 days but I honestly don't think this car is anything too serious for someone with a little experience idk if it's just me I feel this car is easily controllable, my other car was a v6 charger that someone totaled which is how I am where I am now, I throw it side ways with no effort and it just kinda goes where u want, if this is from someone with less than 2 months of stick experience I'm sure it's fine for other teenagers that respect the car
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #92
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintcoatTrooper View Post
Well I'm 19 with a 2ss ls3 and I actually never drove a stick before the day I got my car and got it down within about 3 days but I honestly don't think this car is anything too serious for someone with a little experience idk if it's just me I feel this car is easily controllable, my other car was a v6 charger that someone totaled which is how I am where I am now, I throw it side ways with no effort and it just kinda goes where u want, if this is from someone with less than 2 months of stick experience I'm sure it's fine for other teenagers that respect the car
That's the beauty of this car is engineered. Not to mention that it's built like a tank. But, while it will easily get into the triple digits, it keeps it's composure very well.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #93
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Tintcoat, and you expect a 15 year old to respect a 400 hp Camaro? LOL I know when I was 15 I would have been flooring that thing every chance I got...

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:12 AM   #94
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
Yea that's true even now I still cant stay off of it, maybe this is more of a second car like how I got it lol
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote