Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #71
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
But that is the point. His car was awesome , to him. Whether he told you the story or not.

That is why there are shows. And why people put their cars into them. Stock, modded, import , domestic, supercar , or, super slow and low. It's for the love of "their" car
Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #72
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Thanks!

I have done so much to the car but most of my mods people don't even notice unless they are Camaro guys. The Camaro guys always notice the mods as I do with their cars.

Last year my wife and I went to a charity car show and I had no intention of putting my car in the car show. Actually we just went to the show to support the charity and have lunch. When I rolled into the parking lot where non show people park a guy came out and said I was in the wrong area so I told him I wasn't in the show. He proceeded to tell me I WAS going to be in the show and he won't charge me the $10 entry fee. Most of the cars in the show were old cars so we felt out of place but I parked my car and went to get some lunch. When we were walking back after lunch there was probably 10 people hanging out around my car! We had to walk past several cars and their owners and twice we heard "Why does that guy have his car here?" "That car is a factory made car and nothing special?"

Those comments are what made me think that the GEN5 Camaro's had their run and were simply not special to anyone except their owners.
Those opinions are on the verge of being obsolete. I see it more every year...car shows and meets that included "everyone" are becoming more the norm then the classics only shows. People have to understand the younger crowd...not saying all..... have little interest in the classics.To them they are just old cars. They are more interested in the modern cars...trucks or whatever.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #73
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
This is what makes car shows worth it. And why you go.

BIO-HAZARD went to a new show today . Fire department 1st car show. I was in the Camaro class all years . We had 10 cars in the class. 68 fusion pink camaro took 1st place. In our class. And a modified 69 orange camaro took Best of show. But BIO-HAZARD pulled off the last award off the show. This award was called Hearts on Fire , background story the little girl that chose my car was 7 years old and was a heart transplant child, The award was to honor her friend Weston that passed away before he could get a transplant . So now they will do this award at future car shows. After all the tears she came back over to the car and got alot of pictures taken . So this award will always hold a place in my heart.

Attachment 818742
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #74
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spike III Build IBM 1SS/RS [COTW] 6/25/12

Quote:
Added a couple of pics.
The car looks awesome.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #75
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
This is what makes car shows worth it. And why you go.

BIO-HAZARD went to a new show today . Fire department 1st car show. I was in the Camaro class all years . We had 10 cars in the class. 68 fusion pink camaro took 1st place. In our class. And a modified 69 orange camaro took Best of show. But BIO-HAZARD pulled off the last award off the show. This award was called Hearts on Fire , background story the little girl that chose my car was 7 years old and was a heart transplant child, The award was to honor her friend Weston that passed away before he could get a transplant . So now they will do this award at future car shows. After all the tears she came back over to the car and got alot of pictures taken . So this award will always hold a place in my heart.

Attachment 818742
Cool story, bro.

Did you give the kid a ride?
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #76
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
It all depends on the location, some locations have more camaros than others. In my location their is a decent amount but most are the V6 which I don't have a problem with. As for car shows, I go to quite a few shows during the year. I don't expect to win anything I mainly go to see the variety of other cars that entered. The car still gains a lot of attention because of the color combination, black with midnight silver stripes. It's pretty sad some don't even look at a car because it's a certain color, maybe that person put a lot work into the car. The shows I've been to lately had very few 5th gen camaros and sometimes I'm the only 5th gen in the show. I think it comes down to what kind of work you put into the car to make it stand out from the crowd.

Car shows offer a lot than just seeing a swarm of the same cars. They offer info, cleaning techniques, talking with other enthusiasts, networking, and other positive features. It all comes down to what you think of the show. I've spoke with a lot of enthusiasts this year and they love the combination that I put on my car. It's enough to stand out from other camaros that show.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #77
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Wow almost all of you still do car shows, I guess I'm wrong. At every show I see bone stock Camaro's which I don't understand why the owner is there but if they enjoy it than more power to them. I think it's great when car owners think their cars are special enough to be in a car show even if they aren't special to anyone else. One car show this year there were about 8 PT Cruisers that came and had their own special area. Not only are PT Cruisers ugly as hell, why do the owners think they have something special? These were all stock looking cars too.

I have a 1LE that is basically stock. It only has a z spoiler and a couple of emblems. I take it to meets and shows pretty regularly. Most people don't even know what a 1LE is, much less have actually seen one so it stirs up some interesting conversations.

That said, I think it's pretty funny how so many people expect old cars to be stock in a car show, and most new cars are expected to be modified.

Same goes for auctions. The cars that bring the most are unmodified numbers matching cars.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #78
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
OP, Oh come on, don't you have something better to do than ask this same question over and over and over again!
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #79
transformer68

Drives: 2010 Transformer Limited Edition SS
I love taking my transformer SS to shows. I took it to two and brought home a trophy for each one. Every time I drive it, I feel the same awesomeness!
transformer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #80
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Wow almost all of you still do car shows, I guess I'm wrong. At every show I see bone stock Camaro's which I don't understand why the owner is there but if they enjoy it than more power to them. I think it's great when car owners think their cars are special enough to be in a car show even if they aren't special to anyone else. One car show this year there were about 8 PT Cruisers that came and had their own special area. Not only are PT Cruisers ugly as hell, why do the owners think they have something special? These were all stock looking cars too.
The Camaro is a car, car shows are for cars.
Where else can you see different camaros with out looking like a car thief in a parking lot?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #81
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Finally updated my windows ten ..LOL did not automatically update all this time back to higher speed...whoopee...LOL Went to the carousel Cruise this weekend and dragged my begrudging wife...LOL and spent a couple hours with the hundreds of cars with yes some new ones mixed in of course, like what a stock 60th anniversary corvette doing there....LOL or other stock cars, well we love them and many others do too. And their was music, a raffle, dozens of booths, tear drop resto trailer sales, all kinds of goodies and Adams wax etc....The trophies to be given away were like forty nice Crystal art deco wide mouthed vases with laser etching the carousel cruise on it, ( its a big water front park with a hand carved carousel in a building) , and by god many of the cars were ART and we are big into art here and form does matter even over function for some. Sure function matters more to me but I have no problem parking by a new Challenger with all the American Car craft bling on a stock engine shining and custom halos added and knowing I would kick its Arse, but its about appreciating others autos.

And for those that say hey what is so special about your car, well I have a page covered end to end of all the modifications done and what is so special about it and bet I have a lot more money in mine tied up than some do with a new motor to boot so Yes , its Stroked, yes it ported, and yes its flowed, and yes its dyno tuned, and yes it kick Arse and looks good while doing it and I have traction control and Stabillitrac and independent rear suspension, and HUD and so many things I could never dream of having with a old Chevy like all the ones I built for decades keeping them alive to pass them on to new owners with the deal being .....you never get out of them what you put in.... Well its one hell of a lot cheaper to build a small block Chevy and bling it out...BTW How many guys buy a cam set up for $750 for their SBC.... or blow over a grand on a intake or $500 for the air filter......or over $700 for headers.....let alone have Cats.... just makes you think if they knew they would appreciate things more and those that do, well they really understand because they have a ls in their engine bay a lot of the time.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #82
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
very true about the higher prices to modify the new iron.when i had my 66 tempest hot rod id trade labor for parts,cant really do that on the newer cars as i dont know as much about working on them.but then all the new things you can get on late model cars tend to ruin you for driving a 40-50 year old car and working on it every weekend.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #83
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
I'm off to a car show this Sunday, I won 5 trophies at the same show last year. I have done a heap of mods since so hopefully the crowd will like what I have done, I certainly do.��
Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #84
ritoran

Drives: ford
Not trading in my 5th gen. I like it better than then new model and I can care less about keeping up with the Gotta have newest product crowd!

ritoran is offline   Reply With Quote