Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-20-2019, 01:32 AM   #1
onelraad

Drives: 2016 1LT Camaro V6 A8
Muffler Delete, CARB legal air intakes, K&N drop in filter.

Hi Camaro enthusiasts,

Today I bought my 2016 Camaro V6 1LT, I have a few questions about the car and I would love and appreciate your answers and recommendations.
1. The car I bought has a muffler delete, and comparing it to another V6 Camaro I drove that had the stock exhaust, I feel mine is a little bit more sluggish at low RPMs, could be that because of the muffler delete?
2. Is there any CARB legal air intakes out there?
3. Anyone has any experience with K&N drop in air filter? I used to have K&N cold air intake on my 2014 Camaro V6, and I really loved the sound it made! Plus the car felt more aggresive with it. Wondering if I should expect some of that sound with the K&N drop in air filter?
onelraad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:12 AM   #2
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Muffler delete should have zero effect on performance. It’s almost all a sound mod. A drop in filter won’t make it any louder especially already having a muffler delete, it will always overpower any intake you have. I have the GM open air intake and tune and it does make more noise but honestly it’s oretty quiet unless the engine is screaming.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
The muffler delete could impact performance slightly depending what is in place of the muffler. A straight pipe may impact the A/F enough to give it a sluggish feel. Could also be a leak around the delete which may impact performance. Not a for sure, but a possibility.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this complaint is pretty common for most people who go the route of "decrease exhaust restrictions" without actually needing to.

it's not limited to V6's, this car, this generation or just muffler deletes. I've seen it repeated since i started driving.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote