Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #15
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
I appreciate all the replies & its hard to argue against upgrading. Now to prove the point, I hate I just spent money on bolt-ons that I’ll never see again. Lol

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #16
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
And I have one available right down the road from you.....
I may be hitting you up on that.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Old 10-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #17
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Is there real world performance difference on track of SS1LE vs ZLE ?

ZLE = definite higher rate of consumables.. brakes, tires, heavier to boot.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #18
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
One word... upgrade
This ⬆️
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #19
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Trade up. A car payment when you finance 10k is like $150 bucks. The ZLE will be more reliable depending on miles/year and handle better.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #20
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Is there real world performance difference on track of SS1LE vs ZLE ?

ZLE = definite higher rate of consumables.. brakes, tires, heavier to boot.
Probably not much with me driving since I’m just getting started but I want more power for day to day stuff too. Thought I had the ok to get a C7 Z06 at the local dealer till the woman realized it’s a 2 seater. How she didn’t know that already & how mine is much more practical than that is beyond me. Lol

Old 10-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #21
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I have a 17 SS 1LE and while I have improved significantly in 3 years and 25+ events, the car is still better than the driver....
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #22
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I’ll speak to the upgrade side of the house. It just depends on the kind of guy you are. You want the best out of the box happiness.....no brainer. Get the ZLE. If your like me and more of the take pride in something completely custom and your own.... then build the SS. That’s what I’m doing. I just dropped the 14k your talking about for a complete N/A build on my 19 SS 1LE. And just the pride I have knowing I built a motor only combination that can walk all over a stock zl1 and everyone who just dropped a S/C package and a called it a day..... I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Not to mention the heads that turn when a sexy AF 6 gen rolls by chopping down a forest lol.
ThePeoplesCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #23
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePeoplesCamaro View Post
I’ll speak to the upgrade side of the house. It just depends on the kind of guy you are. You want the best out of the box happiness.....no brainer. Get the ZLE. If your like me and more of the take pride in something completely custom and your own.... then build the SS. That’s what I’m doing. I just dropped the 14k your talking about for a complete N/A build on my 19 SS 1LE. And just the pride I have knowing I built a motor only combination that can walk all over a stock zl1 and everyone who just dropped a S/C package and a called it a day..... I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Not to mention the heads that turn when a sexy AF 6 gen rolls by chopping down a forest lol.
HAHAHAHAHA...I have never heard that phrase before, and I love it.

With the future of Camaro all but doomed and the eventual demise of the V8, I think you're on to something. I have waited a while to make a decision, while I have naturally wanted to upgrade every few years, one day there will be no new offerings to upgrade to, so I want to buy right and keep it long term. At that point, I would totally build a custom motor, but I dont want to chop that hard .
Old 10-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #24
ThePeoplesCamaro
Patriot

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
HAHAHAHAHA...I have never heard that phrase before, and I love it.

With the future of Camaro all but doomed and the eventual demise of the V8, I think you're on to something. I have waited a while to make a decision, while I have naturally wanted to upgrade every few years, one day there will be no new offerings to upgrade to, so I want to buy right and keep it long term. At that point, I would totally build a custom motor, but I dont want to chop that hard .
Lol not sure it’s a phrase. I just came up with it. But it’s a thing now so let’s spread it.

Ya I got the approval from the wife to keep this one forever. So for now it’s a solid 600hp N/A build until the motor gets tired. In the mean time I’ll slowly be stashing parts to rebuild a bullet proof motor to handle a nasty twin turbo 1200+ track monster 5 years from now when as you stated V8s become the dying breed. I’ll daily a damn Prius if I have to. But an all American beast will always be ready to wake the neighbors and shread tires lol
ThePeoplesCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #25
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
If I wasn't able to get my SS with 2,000 miles on it for $16,000, I would have went for a ZL1. But being that I got that awesome price, I bought it and spent about $19,000 in mods (cosmetic & performance). Ending up spending a grand total of around $35,000 for a car with mods that suite my personal taste in appearance and about 1400HP. About $15,000 to $20,000 less than a used ZL1 with low miles and only 650HP. So, unless you can do something like that, I would definitely trade up without any hesitation. As long as it doesn't cause you financial havoc and you go without food and water or something lul.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:09 PM   #26
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePeoplesCamaro View Post
Lol not sure it’s a phrase. I just came up with it. But it’s a thing now so let’s spread it.

Ya I got the approval from the wife to keep this one forever. So for now it’s a solid 600hp N/A build until the motor gets tired. In the mean time I’ll slowly be stashing parts to rebuild a bullet proof motor to handle a nasty twin turbo 1200+ track monster 5 years from now when as you stated V8s become the dying breed. I’ll daily a damn Prius if I have to. But an all American beast will always be ready to wake the neighbors and shread tires lol
LULZ, mine only gave consent when I said I probably would never sell this car.

Remember always, the consumer ALWAYS has the last say. If there is a uniform & concerted effort to not buy what they’re peddling & demand what we want, manufacturers will have no choice but to give in & build it. It’s when you fall in line like good little sheeple do you get what you don’t want shoved down your gullet.

Hoist the white flag you get captured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
If I wasn't able to get my SS with 2,000 miles on it for $16,000, I would have went for a ZL1. But being I got that awesome price. I bought it and spent about $19,000 in mods (cosmetic & performance). Ending up spending a grand total of around $35,000 for a car with mods that suite my personal taste in appearance and about 1400HP. About $15,000 to $20,000 less than a used ZL1 with low miles and only 650HP. So, unless you can do something like that, I would definitely trade up without hesitating, as long as it doesn't cause you financial havoc and you go without food and water or something lul.
Holy shit! $16K!

I would have done the same thing at that price.

& “only 650hp”! What a great time to be alive, performance-wise anyway.

Car guys prior the last decade would have probably given their left nugget to have what we have acces to.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 10-22-2020 at 04:22 PM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #27
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Holy shit! $16K!

I would have done the same thing at that price.

& “only 650hp”! What a great time to be alive, performance-wise anyway.
Ha! Well don't get me wrong, 650 is bad-ass. But knowing I could go the other route, that's what I did. Again though, I got a great deal, otherwise I would have snatched up a Z and loved that 650hp... and would've started saving up for twin turbos about a month later. lawl
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #28
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
Ha! Well don't get me wrong, 650 is bad-ass. But knowing I could go the other route, that's what I did. Again though, I got a great deal, otherwise I would have snatched up a Z and loved that 650hp... and would've started saving up for twin turbos about a month later. lawl
PM inbound.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote