Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #15
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
You should see my almost 6’ kid contorted to fit back there. All four of us went on the test drive when I got my SS.

Last time that ever happened. LOL

Reminds me of when I first test drove an SS locally (to see if I could even tolerate the car haha), before making the trek to purchase mine. I asked the salesman how many people put car seats in these cars - the look on his face was priceless . I was originally wanting to get a C7 but the wife said no . We eventually settled on the possibility of the Camaro since there is a "back seat" if there is a baby in the near future.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #16
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Farthest I have gone was about 300 miles round trip, so far. Perfectly comfortable, with my only 'gripe' being the road noise given the tire/wheel setup. But aside from that, it was great. Would do longer no problem.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #17
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
with my only 'gripe' being the road noise given the tire/wheel setup.
Windows down and/or Borla dissipate most of that for me. I also test drove a C7 and tire/road noise was noticeably worse
Old 10-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #18
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
You should see my almost 6’ kid contorted to fit back there. All four of us went on the test drive when I got my SS.

Last time that ever happened. LOL
LOL... when the wife and I went to test drive mine I asked the salesman if he was coming with us. He looked at me, looked at the backseat, and said, "No, I'm good!".
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #19
RickErnst
Rick's6inNJ

Drives: 2017 Vert 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Reminds me of when I first test drove an SS locally (to see if I could even tolerate the car haha), before making the trek to purchase mine. I asked the salesman how many people put car seats in these cars - the look on his face was priceless . I was originally wanting to get a C7 but the wife said no . We eventually settled on the possibility of the Camaro since there is a "back seat" if there is a baby in the near future.
Proof that car seats can be done (these are my grandkids) but I can't imagine a rear-facing car seat or doing it in anything but a convertible (makes it much easier to use the LATCH system - and FYI there is no rear tether option, at least in the convertible). Others have done it though!
Attached Images

RickErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #20
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Windows down and/or Borla dissipate most of that for me. I also test drove a C7 and tire/road noise was noticeably worse
I would also say that the exhaust noise if much more prevalent in the C7 than the Camaro. However, if you think about the differences of the cars..it is logical. The C7 you are almost sitting above the rear wheels and there is not much separation, whereas the Camaro you have an entire back seat, it's enclosed, etc.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:11 AM   #21
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
I had a few DSM’s at the time our oldest was born. After shoehorning him in that little back seat was when I found a Galant GSX for a DD.

The 4doors were great. Wish I still had that car for a winter beater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
LOL... when the wife and I went to test drive mine I asked the salesman if he was coming with us. He looked at me, looked at the backseat, and said, "No, I'm good!".
I kept asking him if he was OK back there. He’s always so low key & would say, “I’ll be alright” as he was crossed legs leaning across his brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickErnst View Post
Proof that car seats can be done (these are my grandkids) but I can't imagine a rear-facing car seat or doing it in anything but a convertible (makes it much easier to use the LATCH system - and FYI there is no rear tether option, at least in the convertible). Others have done it though!
That’s cheating!
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #22
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickErnst View Post
Awesome! I'm sure the kids love "grandpa's car". I did research the possibility of putting car seats into the Camaro before I really looked into purchasing one. It can be done but it certainly will not be the most convenient. I don't, I guess to me the inconvenience should be overridden by the other things the Camaro has to offer. I daily drove a manual, two seater sports car for several years (two of them actually) so I can tolerate a bit of inconvenience. That was with no kids though
Old 10-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #23
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
I would also say that the exhaust noise if much more prevalent in the C7 than the Camaro. However, if you think about the differences of the cars..it is logical. The C7 you are almost sitting above the rear wheels and there is not much separation, whereas the Camaro you have an entire back seat, it's enclosed, etc.
I often have the rear seats down so I can hear the exhaust more with the windows up around town. Out of town I have them up.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #24
zaimer

Quote:
I often have the rear seats down so I can hear the exhaust more with the windows up around town. Out of town I have them up.
I had thought about it before
Old 10-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #25
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I've done up to 17 hours in a 5th or 6th gen straight through. They're both very comfortable for the ride. I've had a number of rental cars that I couldn't move after a marathon 12-14hr drive. I'd taken my 5th gen from TN to MA, TN to east TX, TN to Orlando, Orlando to VA and back to TN, among others. My 6 has been from TN to MA maybe a half dozen times and it's just as comfy as the Gen5 was, albeit a bit more snug. I was pleasantly surprised by both.

My 5th gen was a 2010 LT, got around 27mpg on the trip. My '17 SS has topped out at 31mpg (according to the display) with a 70mph average over a 500-600 mile stretch on I81 N.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #26
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I drive my SS from Michigan to SW Florida every year. Its a really great road car, just a little tough at the end of the day getting out of it....I am 65......never thought I'd say that.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #27
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
I had a few DSM’s at the time our oldest was born. After shoehorning him in that little back seat was when I found a Galant GSX for a DD...
my daughter has spent almost her entire life in 2 door cars. had an impala for about a year, age 0-1. then it was in and out of a 99 ws6 and various other 2 door stuff. toyotas, xjs, pick up trucks. in a cpl years she'll be driving, then i don't have to worry about it. when we do car stuff she can have her own car. my next one will be a c6z. currently trying to decide if i need a 2 dr bronco or not, the old xj is getting long in the tooth.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #28
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
My only complaint is the low profile run flat tires on the 20" wheels. Other than that I agree this car is very comfortable on a road trip
I agree. Those run flats are like wodden wagon wheels.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote