#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I think the 1000 car payment with a wife on there Azz is the reason why..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #16
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress View Post
I am someone that recently unloaded my 2018 ZL1 after 2,000 miles of driving.

At the end of the day, I just didn't love the car, and it was too impractical. It was like driving a giant angry penis around all of the time set on 11. Which is usually cool, except for the times I couldn't see out of the gun slots, which is always.

I daily drove mine, and it just got ridiculous. Trying to find parking spots in Seattle that I could squeeze in and out of with the long doors, having to open the door to operate ticket machines (and I have ape arms), having to brush up on my geometry to avoid scraping the 12 foot front end on a 2" gradient change, folding my children into origami shapes in a vain attempt to stuff them in the things they call rear seats (I have a family car, just thought it would be cool to go on a trip in the camaro... nope).

But I think the biggest thing that got me, however, was the fact that it cost me $295 for a "pre-track" inspection and oil change in order to keep my warranty on the car. Sure, I get it, it's pretty awesome to have a car that I can daily drive, then take to the track, and still retain a bad ass warranty. But track days suddenly became very expensive, not to mention the time stuck at the dealership waiting for the work to be complete. I had done a pretty complete TCO (total cost of ownership), but didn't factor that into my budget. While I could afford it, I didn't think it was worth it.

At the end of the day, a bunch of first world problems in an otherwise bad ass track machine. But on the road, it was just a bit boring and too much effort. But again, I didn't really have a lot of love for it. I am sure you guys know how it is... When you know it's the one, you can put up with a lot of bullshit. For me, it just wasn't the one, and it took me 2,000 miles to realize it.
Maybe you should have switched towns? LOL I love Seattle. My brother lives there and I have gone there every year for that last 16 years. I would love to live there.

Back to topic. Mine is not the DD, as my Tacoma PRO is that, but I bought mine in 03/17 and now it is paid off. I love the car but it is a fair weather maiden. I was thinking on tracking mine but the cost is so high that I just drive the backroads instead. I am sure one year I will sell it, but having a blast in it so far with no real complaints. My GT350 that I had, Ford made me hate it.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #17
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Mine is both a daily and not a daily. I confess that if it is raining when the garage door goes up, I will put it down and pull the Ridgeline out of the other bay. The way the weather has been lately, the Honda is getting a lot of use.

I really don't mind if the car gets dirty. I can wash it. I am planning a second road trip to Arkansas in a week. Hoping for some dryer weather and maybe even a little fall color as we head as far north as Eureka Springs and the Pig's Trail.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #18
Mr Carrots

Drives: Bmw for now
There are plenty on cargurus in my area but all are priced ridiculously high, all of them more than a brand new equivalent with incentives

I'd happily pick up a 17 or 18 with @10k but I'm not paying what I'd pay for a brand new, unabused car in my exact config.

I really don't get it, but assume there are plenty of idiots who are paying the asking price on them for the dealers to be all demanding so much
Mr Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #19
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I think this is the case with most sports cars.

They are awesome in the new car buyer's imagination but they fail to imagine the potential issues and expenses or just don't put them in proper perspective.

Luckily I work from home but I've commuted before. I can't imagine having my SS 1LE as a commuter in heavy traffic 30 min, 2x/day never going over 2k rpms and constantly starting and stopping with manual tranny. Then if you have to deal with tight parking and/or a parking garage with narrow spaces it just gets worse. You're paying a lot of extra money for a car that is annoying and stressful to drive in this circumstance and you shoulda bought a Cruz or a Bolt for that.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #20
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I think this is the case with most sports cars.

They are awesome in the new car buyer's imagination but they fail to imagine the potential issues and expenses or just don't put them in proper perspective.

Luckily I work from home but I've commuted before. I can't imagine having my SS 1LE as a commuter in heavy traffic 30 min, 2x/day never going over 2k rpms and constantly starting and stopping with manual tranny. Then if you have to deal with tight parking and/or a parking garage with narrow spaces it just gets worse. You're paying a lot of extra money for a car that is annoying and stressful to drive in this circumstance and you shoulda bought a Cruz or a Bolt for that.
Exactly, when I move from my 9 miles to work to 35 miles to work in 2 years, I will be in the market for an electric car. Something I can fill up at home and almost zero maintenance. No filters to change, no oil or transmission oil to change. No gas to buy and long lines when idiots get scared on a supposed gas shortage because of some big wind in the Gulf of Mexico.

Past Rides
Old 09-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #21
590_The_Judge

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE NGM
I cant speak to why they would sell, but there are crazies on both sides of the argument. My daily is a zle, 25 miles each way for my commute, with an average of 1h 45mins each way. I had a dodge charger r/t 5.7 and was just bored with it. Fuel economy isnt a concern, it is just the price to pay for a bitchen experience.

I dailied my 91 mustang project car with a cranky 331 stroker, t-56 trans, no air, no heat, no radio for 6 years before i broke down and bought the charger simply for reliability. The zle is so far beyond both of those cars i cant imagine anything else. Its an experience every time i get in and fire it up. It has more creature comforts than ive ever had, handles better than anything ive had, and is as fast as that crazy, cranky, project mustang. I liquidated my fleet to buy the zle and couldnt be happier.
590_The_Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #22
lightsOUT

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 590_The_Judge View Post
I cant speak to why they would sell, but there are crazies on both sides of the argument. My daily is a zle, 25 miles each way for my commute, with an average of 1h 45mins each way. I had a dodge charger r/t 5.7 and was just bored with it. Fuel economy isnt a concern, it is just the price to pay for a bitchen experience.

I dailied my 91 mustang project car with a cranky 331 stroker, t-56 trans, no air, no heat, no radio for 6 years before i broke down and bought the charger simply for reliability. The zle is so far beyond both of those cars i cant imagine anything else. Its an experience every time i get in and fire it up. It has more creature comforts than ive ever had, handles better than anything ive had, and is as fast as that crazy, cranky, project mustang. I liquidated my fleet to buy the zle and couldnt be happier.
Ok, wait wait wait.... did you just say it takes you an hour and forty-five minutes to drive 25 miles?

I drive a lot and have had to drive in north Jersey traffic and Philly traffic as well as very long mileage commutes daily. But I’ve never done anything like that.
lightsOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 590_The_Judge View Post

Lol, I'll beat you there on my bicycle.

I bet an e-bike would cut your commute times in half!
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #24
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsOUT View Post
Ok, wait wait wait.... did you just say it takes you an hour and forty-five minutes to drive 25 miles?

I drive a lot and have had to drive in north Jersey traffic and Philly traffic as well as very long mileage commutes daily. But I’ve never done anything like that.
Been there done that in Houston. Mine was not quite as bad. 45 miles to work and 1 hour and 45 minutes if I was lucky to get home. Faster in the morning at 6:00 am. But if there was any problems at all, then 2 hours and 30 minutes. I had a manual Tacoma and manual M3. I finally sold both to get an auto Tacoma.

Past Rides
Old 09-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #25
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
"angry ... set on 11"

One of the best reasons to get the car!

Was OP's ZL1 a 1LE?

My A10 is a great driver here in So Cal by the beach.

You must be careful in driveways, parking, etc. with any nice car.

Finally, of course it is not a people hauler. But it does haul A@@ in a BadA@@ way, looking and sounding EVIL as it does so!
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #26
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress:
It was like driving a giant angry penis around all of the time set on 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Missing_Ape View Post
haha I got a kick out of that, too, and immediately thought of Idiocracy:
I thought of Brett Kavanaugh.

Last edited by Fraxum; 09-28-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #27
Spellbound

Drives: 2K17 SS Camaro
We have a 2017 2SS A8, with mag ride and an A10 ZL1, both my wife and I prefer driving the ZL1. There was a deeply discounted Zl1 at the local Chevy dealer and I would've traded the SS in, but my wife said I would have to work overtime every month to do it, we still have the SS, lol.
12.005@117 Bone Stock with a DR

2018 ZL1 A10, no times, wife won't let me race it.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #28
PorkchopExpress

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Maybe you should have switched towns? LOL I love Seattle. My brother lives there and I have gone there every year for that last 16 years. I would love to live there.

Back to topic. Mine is not the DD, as my Tacoma PRO is that, but I bought mine in 03/17 and now it is paid off. I love the car but it is a fair weather maiden. I was thinking on tracking mine but the cost is so high that I just drive the backroads instead. I am sure one year I will sell it, but having a blast in it so far with no real complaints. My GT350 that I had, Ford made me hate it.
Haha! If everyone keeps moving up here, I might just move away... That sucks about the GT350. I had a 2012 GT500 and loved it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap city View Post
Excellence right there. GM should quote this in their marketing materials LMAO.
haha I got a kick out of that, too, and immediately thought of Idiocracy:
LOL I love that movie. BEEF SUPREME!
PorkchopExpress is offline   Reply With Quote