Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
NASCAR=Fake News

Nascar/Chevy trying to pass this car off as a Camaro.

https://www.gychevy.com/chevy-model-nascar/
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
LOL, none of the NASCAR cars resemble the model they are supposed to.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Nascar basically mandates the shape of the vehicle in terms of aerodynamics and frontal area, so they can't really just throw a Camaro out there and go.

Been that way for 15 years or more. Nothing "fake", not even really "news" (seriously stupid phrase...).
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I was going to say it's been atleast 20 year that I can think of and even then what...it was the hood and decklind that were "factory", the rest was hand built. Saying or implying that this is something new or whatever just makes the OP look stupid.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
NASCAR is boring enough now as it is without bringing back stock cars. Then again, there would be much more excitement in the way of crashes, death, and mayhem.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Yeah what's the last exciting thing to happen in NASCAR, one of their scum of the earth drivers runs over a younger driver on a circle track and gets away with it because 'celebrity'?
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
Yeah what's the last exciting thing to happen in NASCAR, one of their scum of the earth drivers runs over a younger driver on a circle track and gets away with it because 'celebrity'?
When and where exactly did this happen? Last NASCAR death I remember was Dale Earnhardt in 2001 and the circumstances were nothing like what you described.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #8
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
^^He's referring to Tony Stewart
Old 09-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #9
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
2014 at a small dirt track some idiot, who was high at the time, decided it was a good idea to leave his car and run on the track to confront Tony Stewart and was accidentally hit and killed by Stewart. No criminal charges were filed. No civil lawsuit was filed as the family settled.
dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
"accidentally"
You can see Tony swerve towards him and you can hear him goose the throttle... that part is intentional... but killing him is probably not the intention. You can see the kid tried to jump back but not enough. He did get away with it because of his name and money.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
"accidentally"
You can see Tony swerve towards him and you can hear him goose the throttle... that part is intentional... but killing him is probably not the intention. You can see the kid tried to jump back but not enough. He did get away with it because of his name and money.
You obviously don't know how those cars are driven. You steer with the throttle more than the steering wheel, so when Tony saw that Stupid Kid (at night in the shadows wearing a flat black suit & helmet), he tried to steer away with the throttle.

The Kid got exactly what was coming to him (sorry that he's Dead), but you don't go out onto an active racetrack, Period!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #12
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Celebrity doesn't get you out of anything, if anything they make an example of you. I don't see the celebrity card working very well on Cosby right now.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #13
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Yeah their all scum. Sorry buy you are an idiot with calling all their drivers scum. The young dope head should have stayed in his car and not been hi. Maybe he would still be alive. You obviously know nothing about dirt track racing.

I'm not a fan of Tony ,but that was an unfortunate accident that the young man brought on himself.

As far as the topic, they have not been real cars since the 60's. Who cares? It's marketing.

Speaking of Tony. Ford is his manufacturer and is on his sprint car, but it's a Chevy motor under the hood. At least Nascar runs manufacturer based power plants if that means anything.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #14
aland12345

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow Camaro vert
Well under yellow you have no down force from the wing and the staggered tires/ suspension of a winged sprint car make driving it straight hard to do. You cant see forward out of a winged sprint. You look out the side as you race. With the skinny front tires and no downfoce, blip-ping the throttle should slide/push the car up the banking Tony is a bit of a hot head, but I believe it was unintentional from watching the replays.
aland12345 is offline   Reply With Quote