Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 10-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #589
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
It was a sh!t show last night. I almost killed the guy in the Demon. when I raced him. I got in some honda oil. After they cleaned up. One of the 400 break downs. And got more sideways then I've ever been. Missed the Demon by a few feet. And the wall by less than a few feet.
I watched a few of your runs. I thought for sure it would be a new PB. Until I seen the 118 trap???. Pop up. It didnt look like you spun 2nd on that run. (All the big power street cars were spinning second bad)! Someting is wrong! Id get the dealer to look that b!tch over.
Jelena was happy. She got a new PB of 11.33@134. With a 2.0 sixty. I was giving her a hard time about her sixties. Til I went out there and didnt do any better than 1.7s. Im thinking about making a trip down to Cecil County and see how they're doing with prep. Atco has stunk this year.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #590
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I went to Atco last night.....

The DA was around +1300 with windshields fogging up from the moisture. I did not expect much.

But I was testing my new Rotofab Dry. I have done track testing in the past with isolated changes. One test was in my 5th gen 1LE where I installed a CAI CAI, scoop, and DRs and picked up a full 1/2 second. Wowza!

I wasn't expecting much as my Rotofab dry on my '16 SS gave only 5 rwhp on the JRE Dyno. But it was pretty! Here as the ONLY change on my stock A10 ZL1 it made a noticeable difference. I was pleasantly surprised as an Internet HP expert recently told me the RF would kill my 60'. No such thing happened. My 60's were mif 1.7s to mid 1.8s.

And my ET got a boost! Recent Comparative DA slips posted Below. Over the last month I struggle to get into the 1.5s. One of those slips below where i squeaked in.

Now in not so good weather 11.5s are a breeze!

My runs:

11.549@124.124
11.520@121.65
11.503@123.14
11.501@122.90
11.499@122.50

I didn't notice a difference on the street, but the track proves the improvement.

On a sad note there was another new A10 ZL1 at the track. He found me and asked for my help. So I told him how I did it. All nannies off, load to 1,500 punch it. Note this only works with good track prep on street tires. You have to back off if you feel spinning. Well he forgot that last part. I think he must have lined up off the line and he literally smoked the tires on the launch I was told and ran a 15.

Sorry buddy, my bad. Seat time will solve that. I hope I did not discourage you. Before that his friend said he told him to leave the nannies on and he ran high 11.6es. I think that was just TC off. He should have listened to his friend rather than me.

Also on another note my ZL1 is famous, watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZgNB0tiiqA

Also on another note my ZL1 is famous, watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZgNB0tiiqA

There's that stupid fast Coyote F150. If only I made a better light, it would have been much closer. Just how many cameras did that guy have anyway? LOL

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-10-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #591
Fraxum

I am not going to Atco tonight, but.....

I know you are all on the edge of your seat so here goes:

And I know "It's about time." LOL

Getting Big Red ready for the Fall Brawl. This is officially a bolt-on ZL1. The MT SSes should be standard on the ZL1 as the ZL1 hooks on the street now. Fun! But they do make the back end a bit mushy even at 33 pounds. I would have preferred NT555Rs as they have less sidewall give but do stick. But no 305 size fits this 27.5-28" tired ZL1.

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-14-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #592
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Shoulda came out and practiced on those DR's tonight. Prep was finally good. Weather was good. DA was about +200 at 9pm. Pat was there. Running on his new converter. He's now cutting 1.5 sixties. People were straight up hookin tonight. Your buddy in the white camaro was hitting 1.4s for a sixty. And running 10.6s. Jelena ran a 10.42@134. She was faster than me. til my last run. I managed a 10.38@132.5. And left. Pat was banging out 10.4s. With a best of 10.40 on the night. He might have did better after I left. Shame you weren't there. It was a nice night.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #593
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Shoulda came out and practiced on those DR's tonight. Prep was finally good. Weather was good. DA was about +200 at 9pm. Pat was there. Running on his new converter. He's now cutting 1.5 sixties. People were straight up hookin tonight. Your buddy in the white camaro was hitting 1.4s for a sixty. And running 10.6s. Jelena ran a 10.42@134. She was faster than me. til my last run. I managed a 10.38@132.5. And left. Pat was banging out 10.4s. With a best of 10.40 on the night. He might have did better after I left. Shame you weren't there. It was a nice night.
Cool! I couldn't miss my grandson's wild 4 year old Birthday party. He's the bomb. I hope to be out next Friday if the fates allow.

Your full weight Mustang is running!!
Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 AM   #594
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Fridays looking real good. Weather wise. What are you feeling? 11.2? 11.1? maybe a 10?
Old 10-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #595
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Fridays looking real good. Weather wise. What are you feeling? 11.2? 11.1? maybe a 10?
11.3 and I will be happy with that. Any faster that that I would be nearing the top of the ZL1 fast list.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #596
Fatman

Drives: Possible ZL1
Hellcat that broke

Hello, I'm Rick, the guy from June with the red Hellcat Charger. Nice blog and fantastic runs. I'm glad there are guys who run these cars the way they are supposed to run. I can't wait to see your times

I read a few responses about my car being tuned at the very least or some sort of mods. My car was and is still BONE STOCK. If there was a tune or pulley, I would definitely disclose it. I don't street race anymore, so it's all about fun. Yes, my car ran consistent 129s. My warranty is still in tact and the computer has not been altered. I've been racing at Atco for over 25 years with over 20 years of street racing. Many Hellcat owners are unaware of the proper way to set up their suspension. I set it to custom, everything track, except for suspension. The suspension is set for street. This is for weight transfer. I launch just above idle and allow the car to pull from low rpms. I don't deep stage, so when the car launches, it's rolling when crossing the beams. This allows a higher mph. My launch was hard, this is why I broke the left axel, driveshaft and rear. Typical Dodge crap! non of my GMs broke. I love the car, but it cannot hold a candle to craftsman ship of the ZL1 or CTS-V. If anyone wants to go over my car or check it, I can gladly prove it. I honestly would reveal mods. This is totally fun and I believe we help each other grow with revealing modifications that work. I'm a car guy and love every fast car and love talking shop with everyone. This has to be the best blog I've ran across, because it shows how fast these cars really are. Sorry for the high jack loll. I just had to clear your mind.
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:50 PM   #597
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Hello, I'm Rick, the guy from June with the red Hellcat Charger. Nice blog and fantastic runs. I'm glad there are guys who run these cars the way they are supposed to run. I can't wait to see your times

I read a few responses about my car being tuned at the very least or some sort of mods. My car was and is still BONE STOCK. If there was a tune or pulley, I would definitely disclose it. I don't street race anymore, so it's all about fun. Yes, my car ran consistent 129s. My warranty is still in tact and the computer has not been altered. I've been racing at Atco for over 25 years with over 20 years of street racing. Many Hellcat owners are unaware of the proper way to set up their suspension. I set it to custom, everything track, except for suspension. The suspension is set for street. This is for weight transfer. I launch just above idle and allow the car to pull from low rpms. I don't deep stage, so when the car launches, it's rolling when crossing the beams. This allows a higher mph. My launch was hard, this is why I broke the left axel, driveshaft and rear. Typical Dodge crap! non of my GMs broke. I love the car, but it cannot hold a candle to craftsman ship of the ZL1 or CTS-V. If anyone wants to go over my car or check it, I can gladly prove it. I honestly would reveal mods. This is totally fun and I believe we help each other grow with revealing modifications that work. I'm a car guy and love every fast car and love talking shop with everyone. This has to be the best blog I've ran across, because it shows how fast these cars really are. Sorry for the high jack loll. I just had to clear your mind.
I did not doubt you for a second. You have given me my only Hellcat win. I hope the fix was not too expensive.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #598
Fatman

Drives: Possible ZL1
Loll, glad I could help. Beautiful site seeing both cars run down the track. Both red with black stripes. Yes, unfortunately $4,800. We have to pay to play. I am going to upper pulley, and tune next year. I am shooting for 9s in cool weather. I really think if I didn't break, my time would've been a 10.6 or 7. My V ran 10.5 at 130, but I had a 1.5 sixty. I hope you get your best time using the those tires. Good luck and I will continue to monitor your success. I may return before the season, because a good friend wants to get a base line on his 18 CTS-V. Hopefully I can cheer both of you guys on. I'm not racing until I mod my car. It's my daily for now and I can't risk or afford another catastrophe loll
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #599
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
This is a great thread, I have been following for several years. Its amazing to see the progress and real world results. Fraxum I can't wait to see your times with the new wheel/tire package. It is also great to hear input about other brand x cars out there playing as well. All good fun.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #600
Fraxum

I have gone to Atco a few times.....

But not much new to report with the DRs I have yet to improve on the 1.74 60s I have run on stock tires. And my ZL1 still seems to get slower the longer it sits in line. I was thinking Big Red pulls timing if it's not at full operating temp. But those in the know say I'm crazy. It is far too late for me to worry about that.

So I thought I would give a Pat update, he is now in the 10.2s in so so air. 10.1s are for sure in his future. He had a convertor installed then proceeded to complain he was no faster. I gave him a taste of his own medicine and told him to load the converter a little more and get more seat time. LOL He has stopped complaining.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #601
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

LOL he’s funny. I tried to explain to him last time I was there. He would lose MPH with the converter. But he’d have a better ET. He’ll probably hit 10.1 with out making any more changes. Just needs to wait for that perfect November night.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:06 AM   #602
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night.....

The DA was around -100.

Some success! Even though a 10 is still far away Big Red ran some respectable ZL1 A10 times. It felt stronger than it had for a while.

My first run off the street was a 11.312@123.40, Then a few minutes later the run below just touching 11.2. My best ever in any car including the Gen 5 M6 TT 1LE. That car could run 130 MPH but you just could not get it to go hard off the line.

After that I ran again and spun at the line and then there was a big spill. So I left. So with this run I matched my best stock tire 60'. So the DRs are making me more consistent but so far no 60' help. So I have to attribute some of these better times to the Rotofab. But the other mod I just completed over the weekend was the ADM coolant reservoir. Is it possible I was a little low on coolant and this was causing cavitation up at the SC level? That doesn't seem right, but it's all I have.

Snowblind was there once again threatening the Camaro fast list. Pat was running 10.2 and Gossip Squirrel 10.3. Both should push 9s once we get some mineshaft Atco air. Also there was another guy there with an A8 SS gettting into the 11s with just a Rotofab and (I think) Drs. I didn't catch his name.

Also there was a nice younger guy with a mild 347 Fox Body running mid 12s. I ran him twice. He was hoping to catch the old man sleeping at the line, but I was loaded with NoDoze. He really liked Big Red. Maybe some day he will see the light and move away from the dark side. But in full disclosure I owned 2 Fox Body GTs and really enjoyed them. What was I thinking?

Also Sean was there from post 455. He wrapped his CTS-V in Green now just to get away from the common murdered out look to do his own thing. It looked cool to me and respect for moving out of the box on purpose. He also added more power and wants a rematch. He is well into the 10s now. Gulp. I will have to leave really early and hope he spins to have a chance.