Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #85
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Thank you, Dr. Killjoy. WTF is your problem? It's your cheese-ball opinion about the visibility and those who don't have an "issue" with it. If you don't like the design of the Camaro and the visibility it offers, move on....

Your opinions about how others mistakenly only tolerate and reluctantly accept the car's visibility issue is pathetic and childish.
Wow! I don't have a problem. The visibility out of the CAMARO is, however, a major problem. Documented in every single magazine review?

This is called a discussion. If you think the Camaro has GREAT visibility then why can'tt you handle a counter opinion based on data and expert reviews.

I'll gladly move on when you do.

Thanks though, for your thoughtful retort.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #86

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
+1. I was a long time mustang driver and didn't like the 15 stang and decided on the camaro. Every time I read something it said visibility was horrible. After driving it for 1 day it was a non issue. Way overblown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry, it's not overblown. It's measuravpbly baaaaaaad. You've just accepted it. That just means you are ok with the trade off. That is a long way from it being good or even tolerable for those that expect it all.
The above hardly fits your description below....You put more credibility in magazine reviews than the actual experience of numerous owners, like the gentleman you responded too above....That is not a discussion, it's you being a high-minded pompous ass....

I never said the Camaro's vision was "great"....It doesn't have to be...It's a buyer's choice that apparently you think no-one is entitled to...

Quote:
Wow! I don't have a problem. The visibility out of the CAMARO is, however, a major problem. Documented in every single magazine review?

This is called a discussion. If you think the Camaro has GREAT visibility then why can'tt you handle a counter opinion based on data and expert reviews.

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #87
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:

Agreed
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:56 AM   #88
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Sightlines from a 95th percentile Oscar are quantitative measurements and not up for debate. 5th Gen Camaro has compromised sightlines when compared to other coupes due to its style. 6th Gen is only likely to be marginally better due to searing position, lower cowl and tighter pillars. But the beltline is still high.

People seem to like the style and are willing to accept the compromised sightlines for all of the other great things the car has but it's less than ideal.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #89
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I'm coming from a 15 year old chevy coupe cavalier. no "power" anything except steering. When I started looking for new cars I test drove a fusion and felt like I was in a damn space ship. Visibility in cars is way, way down from what it was before and it honestly did make me nervous

However I hope, and think, I can get used to it.
I also came from a cavalier coupe. Trust me. Getting used to it is no big deal. With my mirrors adjusted properly I actually feel a lot more confident on the road than I did in my cavalier. Backing up is not a problem with the backup camera as it has a very wide range of view. Think of the 100's of thousands of people who drive the Gen 5 camaro without problems. If they can do it so can you.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #90
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I was in a friends VW in Germany with a 360 degree backup camera. Really helps a lot. (Similar to this photo). I wonder if camera positions made it impossible here

I got use to the gen5's visibility but angled cross traffic from the left is hard.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #91
JAG47

Drives: Future 2016 camaro
If your trying to make a lane change on the driver side stick your head out the window and look.
JAG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #92
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
Sightlines from a 95th percentile Oscar are quantitative measurements and not up for debate. 5th Gen Camaro has compromised sightlines when compared to other coupes due to its style. 6th Gen is only likely to be marginally better due to searing position, lower cowl and tighter pillars. But the beltline is still high.

People seem to like the style and are willing to accept the compromised sightlines for all of the other great things the car has but it's less than ideal.
The belt line appears to be higher on the 6th gen based on the pic below. Some early reviews of the prototype mention better front visibility, but the same visibility for the side and rear.

DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #93
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
The belt line appears to be higher on the 6th gen based on the pic below. Some early reviews of the prototype mention better front visibility, but the same visibility for the side and rear.
It's clear from that comparison that the G6 has a relatively higher rear end, so visibility to the rear is going to be slightly worse.

While the side windows look to be more vertically challenged on the new car as well, the G6 photo appears to be scaled down a tad relative to the G5 (compare the car lengths) so the difference is exaggerated.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #94
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
It's clear from that comparison that the G6 has a relatively higher rear end, so visibility to the rear is going to be slightly worse.

While the side windows look to be more vertically challenged on the new car as well, the G6 photo appears to be scaled down a tad relative to the G5 (compare the car lengths) so the difference is exaggerated.
The scale in those photos might be deceptive due to different perspective. Side looks narrower but the A pillar and roof are thinner
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #95
Whis

Just got back from test driving, I can totally deal with this. Not nearly as bad as it looks to be
Old 10-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #96
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Whis, our 2012 ZL1 is our first Camaro. I heard the stories of the "bunker like vision" but I did not find it disconcerting. I did add small wide angle mirrors to the outside mirrors and adjusted them to illiminate the problem. I track our car and do not have any problems with forward visibility.
I did sit in the Gen6 Camaro at Camaro Fest. The view out the front is a little better with a lower cowl and hood. The view out the back is a little worse with the back window being more slanted. The view out the sides seemed about the same. Before you spend 40K on a car, spend some time in both cars, it might be the little things that sway you one way or the other.
I spent a couple of days in a rented Mustang. I liked the seats initially but they lacked something after a couple of hours and the 'spears' on the hood bugged me. The sun visors on our 5Gen Camaro are useless. That is why I say it might be the little things that make your decision. It has been worthwhile for us to rent a car for a weekend to spend some time in the car before we bought it. Best of luck with your decision.

Last edited by OldJedi; 10-10-2015 at 02:48 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #97
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
DWhis, our 2012 ZL1 is our first Camaro. I heard the stories of the "bunker like vision" but I did not find it disconcerting. I did add small wide angle mirrors to the outside mirrors and adjusted them to illiminate the problem. I track our car do not have any problems with forward visibility.
I did sit in the Gen6 Camaro at Camaro Fest. The view out the front is a little better with a lower cowl and hood. The view out the back is a little worse with the back window being more slanted. The view out the sides seemed about the same. Before you spend 40K on a car, spend some time in both cars, it might be the little things that sway you one way or the other.
I spent a couple of days in a rented Mustang. I liked the seats initially but they lacked something after a couple of hours and the 'spears' on the hood bugged me. The sun visors on our 5Gen Camaro are useless. It has been worthwhile for us to rent a car for a weekend to spend some time in the car before we bought it. Best of luck with your decision.
I rented a stang for these reasons cited! Seats felt like they were caving my body in for poor posture(leather premium) and i didn't like that.

I guess I will wait but jesus by the time they are on lots and I can sit in one(then order afterwards), it will be December in CO...
Old 10-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #98
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I rented a stang for these reasons cited! Seats felt like they were caving my body in for poor posture(leather premium) and i didn't like that.

I guess I will wait but jesus by the time they are on lots and I can sit in one(then order afterwards), it will be December in CO...
Sounds like a good reason to take a vacation to warm, sunny Florida when the new Camaro rentals arrive. If you are the type to keep your cars for a while, it might be worth the wait.

Remember, the HiPo models will be arriving in 2017.... Just a thought.

Last edited by OldJedi; 10-10-2015 at 03:33 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote