Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #183
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Social media is the devil.

You beat me to it. Research shows that the endorphins released while flipping through instagram/youtube/facebook is about the same as experiencing the things in real life. Basically you can vicariously live through others having great adventures.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #184
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
We're looking pretty rough. I attribute this one to design and marketing. The current Camaro refresh wasn't as inspired as the Mustang refresh. On top of that, Ford cancelled all ads for cars except the Mustang. That's a bold move. No one's buying a sedan because they saw it on TV. The days of TV car ads are effectively over, and GM needs to make a similarly bold move to get the spotlight back. I'm hoping for a quick redesign and a strong social media campaign focusing on performance numbers, side-by-side performance videos, and burnouts to make the Camaro cool again.

GM—I'm getting out of the Navy soon if you need an experienced project manager to help strategize this.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #185
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Seems you have your own definition of "fully loaded", whatever it is.

A 2SS range goes up to $49k+, the extra 7k is for the 1LE package. You can jump up and down all you want, but still doesn't change the fact the 6th gen is ridiculously overpriced, nor the fact a new Corvette can be had for less.
The 2SS is pretty loaded up, feel free to look up the included equipment. It's a step up from the 5th gen in terms of options. Certainly isn't lacking for anything. I'm missing options like sunroof, MRC, 6-piston calipers, forged wheels, ground effects, etc. Nothing of vast importance and pieces I've added or will add later on depending on use.

A 2SS MSRP starts in the 42-43k range. A 2015 2SS MSRP is about 38k. Account for inflation and you're looking a $2000 difference; (38k in 2015 is a little over 40k today). $2k increase before stacking on options. That's not exactly what I'd call overpriced. An increase? Sure, there's always going to be one. If you want to spout about how that price compares to competition? Make sure you're getting an equivalent comparison down to equipment, not just base model.

And a Vette MSRP starts at 55k for a 1LT, not even a Z51 car. Yeah you can load up an SS and surpass the MSRP of a base Vette. Go load up a Vette and let me know how that MSRP compares.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #186
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We're looking pretty rough. I attribute this one to design and marketing. The current Camaro refresh wasn't as inspired as the Mustang refresh. On top of that, Ford cancelled all ads for cars except the Mustang. That's a bold move. No one's buying a sedan because they saw it on TV. The days of TV car ads are effectively over, and GM needs to make a similarly bold move to get the spotlight back. I'm hoping for a quick redesign and a strong social media campaign focusing on performance numbers, side-by-side performance videos, and burnouts to make the Camaro cool again.
Nobody's buying sedans because they saw them advertised on TV because none of the car companies - Toyota perhaps excepted with their recent Camry ad campaign - are willing to spend any advertising money on their sedan lines. All they want to do is push more SUVs and more CUVs on everybody, at least that's what it feels like over here

I don't even see ads specifically for the Mustang. The one televised Ford ad I do remember has the camera walk right by a Mustang straight toward some SUV/CUV.

Norm
Old 09-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #187
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

GM—I'm getting out of the Navy soon if you need an experienced project manager to help strategize this.
Dodge seems to be doing well with their Challenger & Charger commercials.

Then there's Ford's Mustang commercial.

When is the last time you saw a Camaro commercial?

Old 09-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #188
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
A 2SS with 1LE package is all anyone needs if they are doing any performance and untitled Corvette 3LTs are easily available under $50k. I'll restate it again, you can buy a Corvette less than a 2SS MSRP's at. Granted, when the Corvette incentives drop, so does the 2SS, into the 33-35 range.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #189
gpskinzhut

Quote:
A 2SS with 1LE package is all anyone needs if they are doing any performance and untitled Corvette 3LTs are easily available under $50k. I'll restate it again, you can buy a Corvette less than a 2SS MSRP's at. Granted, when the Corvette incentives drop, so does the 2SS, into the 33-35 range.
Even a base SS is plenty and they perform on par with a gen 5 1LE. You can restate all you want, but you’re basing that off a very highly optioned car or a convertible. I will restate, a 2SS MSRP starts at 42. Show me a new C7 for less than that.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 AM   #190
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
When is the last time you saw a Camaro commercial?

great point
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #191
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Even a base SS is plenty and they perform on par with a gen 5 1LE. You can restate all you want, but you’re basing that off a very highly optioned car or a convertible. I will restate, a 2SS MSRP starts at 42. Show me a new C7 for less than that.

A base SS doesn't remotely perform as well as a 1LE package. If you want a mid 40's C7, you are welcome to commission a buyer to find one for you but I'm certainly not going to do it for free.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #192
gpskinzhut

Quote:
A base SS doesn't remotely perform as well as a 1LE package. If you want a mid 40's C7, you are welcome to commission a buyer to find one for you but I'm certainly not going to do it for free.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457454

2017 ZL1 A10
Old 06-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #193
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

It appears that it was the beginning of the end.

7th-generation Chevrolet Camaro reportedly canceled, nameplate to die
Old 06-25-2019, 09:48 PM   #194
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

It's on life support, but it seems the plug hasn't been pulled... yet.

The Seventh-Generation Chevrolet Camaro Has Only Been Delayed