Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #29
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I used to build model cars too when I was younger, but now don’t have the patience and the eyes to do it anymore! You guys are doing real good on yours!��
Old 03-31-2020, 06:20 PM   #30
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Filled in the inverted Mohawk and front wheel/brakes with tie rod assembled - I will be painting the calipers on my real Camaro red as soon as we can all get back to normal life:

Name:  E1C61CEA-5DBA-4F84-80A1-E92075870E34.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  161.0 KB

Name:  38932A4F-EB2D-45C7-B3B7-62260090A4E7.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  274.4 KB
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:23 PM   #31
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I used to build model cars too when I was younger, but now don’t have the patience and the eyes to do it anymore! You guys are doing real good on yours!��
Thanks! I still have probably 50 models I built when I was a kid. I got out of the hobby by the time I was 20 (I’m 42 now) but got back into it a couple years ago when my Mom bought her real 2016 Corvette. I saw Revell made a model kit of it so I bought it and built/painted it exactly like her real one for a Christmas present. That’s when the bug hit me again and for the last 4 years I’ve gotten back into it.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:29 PM   #32
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I started putting model cars together in the 60s when I was a kid in grade skool. A kit then was about $1.25. Don't know the prices now. I put together MonoGram, AMT and the most detailed was Revell. I had a collection of parts and about 8 or 9 cars I had stored in boxes that I did over the years and sold all for $75 on Ebay about 15 years ago. The last models I put together were a Mustang and a Hellcat..errr..uhhh that being a P51 Mustang and a Grumman Hellcat WW2 fighter planes.
Kits today are around $25-35. When I was building them left and right when I was a kid in the 80s-early 90s they were about $5-10.

The hobby has found renewed popularity I think. Monogram was bought by Revell in the late 90s and just a couple years ago Revell went bankrupt but reorganized and are back in business. There’s new companies like Round 2 and Sorvino’s who bought the rights to the old kits and molds and are reissuing kits I remember as a kid and even ones going back to the 60s. The Camaro I’m building now is made by AMT but they’re a Round 2 subsidiary company now.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #33
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Airbrushed the fender hash marks today and painted the black on the side markers and around the side windows.
Attached Images

caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:43 PM   #34
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
...When the economy shuts down and Shelter-At-Home orders prevent you from driving your 6th Gen to your local performance shop...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:25 AM   #35
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Airbrushed the fender hash marks today and painted the black on the side markers and around the side windows.
Looks great!! I don’t have an airbrush kit so I try my best out of rattle cans.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:28 AM   #36
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
...When the economy shuts down and Shelter-At-Home orders prevent you from driving your 6th Gen to your local performance shop...

Well, it’s either build model kits or watch Motor Trend and Food Network for a month.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #37
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
This thread is awesome, great work so far guys. Used to builds models as a kid too, been thinking about getting back in to it and the only thing stopping me is re-buying ALL the cool stuff I will need to build them.
Since it looks like we're all gonna be hunkered down for at least another full month, you probably have the time lol! If you go online and look for a Testors complete kit like this:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/testors-en...paint-set-9161

That will have everything you need to get started for building at least 90% of any model kit - glue, basic paint colors, brushes, paint thinner, sand paper, and an exacto knife.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:17 AM   #38
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Give CA glue a try if you haven't, it's replaced regular glues in most of the hobby world these days. Requires less, dries faster, stronger, doesn't melt the plastic to bond etc.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #39
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Since it looks like we're all gonna be hunkered down for at least another full month, you probably have the time lol! If you go online and look for a Testors complete kit like this:

https://www.hobbylinc.com/testors-en...paint-set-9161

That will have everything you need to get started for building at least 90% of any model kit - glue, basic paint colors, brushes, paint thinner, sand paper, and an exacto knife.
Thanks man! This is just what I need to get started, like you said, I have the time!!!
Old 04-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #40
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wow, I haven't built models since late 1970s or so (yes I am OLD! lol)
Brings back memories.....I work on other creative projects these days so not much time or energy left for models, but this is starting some tingling......lol

Great stuff guys! Some outstanding work going on in here, super cool!!!!

Thanks for sharing! I will live vicariously through you all!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:04 AM   #41
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Well, not Camaro related so I hope I don't get flamed but it is model related.

I just finished this to keep from going stir crazy while we socially distance here in GA.

It is a fully functional balsa wood RC plane with aileron, rudder, elevator & throttle control.

Haven't flown it yet & will probably crash it but it was really fun to build and took quite a while to complete.

Now that it is done I guess it is back to Motor Trend TV
Attached Images

Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #42
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
That biplane is simply awesome!

OK, I need to not visit this thread anymore before I start adding more projects to my already full shop!!! LOL!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote