Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #15
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
If I were you, I'd just lemon law it. Get all of your money back and go find another one for a cheaper price than what you paid for on this 1LE.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #16
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Tank22, sorry to hear about your tranny troubles. Good luck with the replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
If I were you, I'd just lemon law it. Get all of your money back and go find another one for a cheaper price than what you paid for on this 1LE.
Since he works for GM as a regional sales manager, such an approach would not be a career-advancing move. Better to let GM do their job.
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #17
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I don't see how he's not eligible to lemon law it and how that works affect his career.

They made a lemon of a car, he's in his right to do what he wants.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #18
Tank22

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
The original post is now updated with the current status
Tank22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:18 PM   #19
Domo14SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank22 View Post
I just received my 2020 1LE A10 back from the Dealership.

While driving at 60mph, with no input change to the throttle, the car began shifting up and down for no apparent reason. With a severe jolt the car shifted into 2nd gear immediately slowing the car to 35mph, jarring the driveline and chirping the tires. The car entered limp mode.

Upon diagnostic it was found that my Transmission Control Unit had Failed which caused repeated shifting until my valve body failed in the transmission.

GM Warranty provided me with a Yucon Denali to drive while my car was in Service.

The Service Department at Titus Will Chevrolet kept me informed of the progress and they had the car back to me within a week. GM replaced the TCU and the Valve body. They informed me they had performed an inspection of the driveline, u-joints, ring and pinion, as well as all other driveline parts which all were still in new condition.

Overall, while having a failure at 700 miles on a brand new car is upsetting, the treatment I received was good. I'm hoping others don't have this issue and I'm hoping to not have another failure.

***UPDATE***
Following the TCU Failure and subsequent valve body replacement the car has never shifted properly in manual mode. I have made 2 additional trips to the service department where they tried reprogramming the transmission to no avail. On the 3rd visit I relayed to them they need to solve the issue in the 4-5 shift and that it now was hesitating in all gears when in normal auto mode. Also to note the 4-5 shift has 2 second delay then violent engagement to the point there are noises coming from the rear gear.

GM decided to put a new transmission in the car and I still do not have it in my possession. We are now approaching 30 days out of service for a car that I have paid one payment and just got the license plates for.. with a total of 1500 miles on it.
Ouch!
Hearing this sucks!
Is anyone else having similar issues with their 2020 ZLE A10?
I am very excited to pick one up next spring, however, issues like this terrify me for such an expensive car!
Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote