Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 06-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #351
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
so what do you think of your new car vs old car? any differences or na? lol
Old 06-22-2020, 04:12 AM   #352
Rinker

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Super interested about your findings between the SQ'd setup and staggered. I've been flipping back between your pages of posts, but maybe I'm missing the part on how you managed to fit the 19x11s in the front/19x12s in the rear? Was there anything outside of shaving a lil in the front and wire tuck in the rear like people are doing for a slightly less aggressive (19x10.5) SQ'd setup?

Appreciate you sharing your experiences and knowledge on the forum!
Rinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:26 PM   #353
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
Brilliant. The ARC8 wheels look the business on your car and totally completes the look.

I am a huge ARC8 fan myself as my ZLE has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
so what do you think of your new car vs old car? any differences or na? lol
I still love Miatas but they still haven't found a fix for the transmission issues with track use (after 5th revision of the tranny) and that is troubling. I also didn't notice any major advantage of being a lightweight car (except maybe at a few tight turns) and was scratching my head, I already knew the high speed stability would be better on the Camaro since it's longer wheelbase but didn't expect that my heavy Camaro can still keep up at many corners.. what I can tell from the data. NA V8 power is definitely much better of course, my straightaway speeds were only 2-3 mph faster with SC than the NA Miata so that alone tells me something wasn't translating good to the real world conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinker View Post
Super interested about your findings between the SQ'd setup and staggered. I've been flipping back between your pages of posts, but maybe I'm missing the part on how you managed to fit the 19x11s in the front/19x12s in the rear? Was there anything outside of shaving a lil in the front and wire tuck in the rear like people are doing for a slightly less aggressive (19x10.5) SQ'd setup?

Appreciate you sharing your experiences and knowledge on the forum!
I didn't have to do anything for the rear (no tucking wires ..etc) and I checked the liners all seems fine for now.

For the front, since the offset pushes all the additional wheel, some grinding on the knuckle should do the job with ZLE fitment. I didn't have any issues. I don't use any spacer front and rear also
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:34 PM   #354
Rinker

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post

I still love Miatas but they still haven't found a fix for the transmission issues with track use (after 5th revision of the tranny) and that is troubling. I also didn't notice any major advantage of being a lightweight car (except maybe at a few tight turns) and was scratching my head, I already knew the high speed stability would be better on the Camaro since it's longer wheelbase but didn't expect that my heavy Camaro can still keep up at many corners.. what I can tell from the data. NA V8 power is definitely much better of course, my straightaway speeds were only 2-3 mph faster with SC than the NA Miata so that alone tells me something wasn't translating good to the real world conditions

I didn't have to do anything for the rear (no tucking wires ..etc) and I checked the liners all seems fine for now.

For the front, since the offset pushes all the additional wheel, some grinding on the knuckle should do the job with ZLE fitment. I didn't have any issues. I don't use any spacer front and rear also
Thanks for the info, and were you still able to maintain aggressive alignment specs? 2.6+ in front and 1.6+ in rear? - I'm just super surprised you're able to fit such a big wheel while maintaining a good alignment spec. May jump on getting the same ARC8's but staggered (19x11 & 19x12) since squared 19x10.5 will be out of stock for a while. - really interested in your results/comparisons over the next few track days.
Rinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #355
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinker View Post
Thanks for the info, and were you still able to maintain aggressive alignment specs? 2.6+ in front and 1.6+ in rear? - I'm just super surprised you're able to fit such a big wheel while maintaining a good alignment spec. May jump on getting the same ARC8's but staggered (19x11 & 19x12) since squared 19x10.5 will be out of stock for a while. - really interested in your results/comparisons over the next few track days.
I would also consider running 19x11" square as I believe I didn't gain a lot by using more tire in the rear (maybe at the Ridge since it has longer sweepers but I think it's still marginal) . For the front fitment, 19x11" +11mm offset is better than 19x10.5" with +22 offset, since the OEM wheels are 20x10" +20mm and 19x11" pushes most of that 12.5mm (half of an inch) to outwards with +11mm offset (9mm to be exact) ...I have no issues with -2.8 camber up front and with knuckle grinding. I understand that people want to go with that setup and use spacers up front so that they can rotate the tires at the track to save some tire but tires can be swapped after 2-3 track days when running 19x11" all around too (Apex has fitments for front and rear), if that worries you. Adding more tire and wheel was the single most important thing to eliminate understeer in this car for me and I also wouldn't want to go smaller size in the rear, same with front ..having the tires a bit stretched also help with sticky tires too to get the most out of them
Old 09-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #356
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Glamcem,
You don't know me but I feel like I know you...

I've been searching for the ideal DD/track car since earlier this year. I was set on a ND1 and been looking for the perfect used one on miata.net. That's where I've read several of your posts including your build thread.

I nearly bought a track prepped 2017 ND1 in January but the seller changed his mind at the last minute. In hindsight, I was glad because the transmission issues continue to surface. So, I started looking at the ND2 as their updates seem to have solved the problem. However, what I noticed was to get the car fully track ready/competitive, I would need to sink $5-10k more into it. That just didn't seem to make sense.

That finally brought me to the 1LE. It's received tons of well-deserved accolades. I love that brake fluid alone makes it track ready but the kicker is that it seats four and can be a livable DD. Truly a well-rounded car.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. To get to the point...
Thanks for your sharing both here and on miata.net. You've been helpful in my journey.
Since you've been a few steps ahead of me (actually doing what I've been thinking), I was wondering about your purchase experience.

I'm not having luck finding a local dealer with what I want in stock. I saw you purchased yours from AZ. Was it the dealer in Peoria? I see they have quite a few 1LE's in stock. If so, care to share your experience? And were they willing to work with you on price?

Thanks again in advance! I appreciate all I've learned from you.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #357
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
nice
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #358
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Glamcem,
You don't know me but I feel like I know you...

I've been searching for the ideal DD/track car since earlier this year. I was set on a ND1 and been looking for the perfect used one on miata.net. That's where I've read several of your posts including your build thread.

I nearly bought a track prepped 2017 ND1 in January but the seller changed his mind at the last minute. In hindsight, I was glad because the transmission issues continue to surface. So, I started looking at the ND2 as their updates seem to have solved the problem. However, what I noticed was to get the car fully track ready/competitive, I would need to sink $5-10k more into it. That just didn't seem to make sense.

That finally brought me to the 1LE. It's received tons of well-deserved accolades. I love that brake fluid alone makes it track ready but the kicker is that it seats four and can be a livable DD. Truly a well-rounded car.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. To get to the point...
Thanks for your sharing both here and on miata.net. You've been helpful in my journey.
Since you've been a few steps ahead of me (actually doing what I've been thinking), I was wondering about your purchase experience.

I'm not having luck finding a local dealer with what I want in stock. I saw you purchased yours from AZ. Was it the dealer in Peoria? I see they have quite a few 1LE's in stock. If so, care to share your experience? And were they willing to work with you on price?

Thanks again in advance! I appreciate all I've learned from you.

Glad to be a help
Speaking of pricing, I always shop around . I purchased my previous 1LE (2017) used from an Autonation dealership in AZ but got my second one from a dealership here in Seattle area. I don't know how the used/new market for 1LEs look like but you can always check Autotrader ..the only issue is you cannot see the 1LE as a trim or package option but you may use price range for a filter.

Best of luck
Old 10-12-2020, 05:21 AM   #359
eyephaco

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Schroth Quickfit Pro 4 point ASM harness - BMW E90 Fitment (installed)

Does the BMW E90 fit into the camaro seat belt buckle or did you modify it for your installation? unsure what you meant by installed
eyephaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:55 PM   #360
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyephaco View Post

Does the BMW E90 fit into the camaro seat belt buckle or did you modify it for your installation? unsure what you meant by installed
If you look at the photos closely you will notice the left side is attached to the belt tensioner (anchor point) and the remaining 3 points will buckle. You may also refer to installation manuals on Schroth's website
Old 02-18-2023, 11:42 PM   #361
KirillWA

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hi Sir,

Great thread with a lot of interesting info. I'm glad to see another 1LE from Seattle.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:04 PM   #362
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
I think Cem left the area a couple years ago but he did do a great job documenting his evolution. Myself and KHCoaching are both in the south sound area. And I know of a couple other 6th gen guys up north. There is no activity in the PNW thread, but you can check out the Western Washington Modern Camaro Club on Facebook for some meetups and cruises.
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:45 PM   #363
KirillWA

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
I think Cem left the area a couple years ago but he did do a great job documenting his evolution. Myself and KHCoaching are both in the south sound area. And I know of a couple other 6th gen guys up north. There is no activity in the PNW thread, but you can check out the Western Washington Modern Camaro Club on Facebook for some meetups and cruises.
Thanks! Joined the FB group.