#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2020, 05:36 PM   #29
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
You make great points, but a ZLE will already smoke a C8 around a track. Love the C8 and I'm waiting for a C8Z, by the way.
I love my ZLE, but I've tracked it at a few tracks in CA and seen what it can do vs some great cars like 675 LT, C7 ZR1, GT3, etc. and I don't agree that it would smoke a C8 on a technical track with equal tires--I think the Z51 C8 only comes with PS4S street tires. Smoke is a strong word, like crush vs beat :-)

The weight balance and greater ability of the mid engine C8 to put the power down out of turns, which, combined with the DCT, translates into the acceleration advantage up to 60, would make fast laps easier on a technical track.

The ZLE can put down some VERY fast lap times, but I think the Z51 LT2 C8 on GY F1 3Rs or PSC2s would be close at a track like Buttonwillow or Laguna Seca.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #30
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I love my ZLE, but I've tracked it at a few tracks in CA and seen what it can do vs some great cars like 675 LT, C7 ZR1, GT3, etc. and I don't agree that it would smoke a C8 on a technical track with equal tires--I think the Z51 C8 only comes with PS4S street tires. Smoke is a strong word, like crush vs beat :-)

The weight balance and greater ability of the mid engine C8 to put the power down out of turns, which, combined with the DCT, translates into the acceleration advantage up to 60, would make fast laps easier on a technical track.

The ZLE can put down some VERY fast lap times, but I think the LT2 C8 on GY F1 3Rs or PSC2s would be close at a track like Buttonwillow or Laguna Seca.
yeah it will be interesting to see what a C8 can do with some cup 2's!
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:22 PM   #31
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
You make great points, but a ZLE will already smoke a C8 around a track. Love the C8 and I'm waiting for a C8Z, by the way.
^^This. It will take the performance models to hang at all with a ZLE. Base C8 is not meant to compete at this level, its just very capable in base form is all.

I cant wait to see what the C8 Z06 can do. It is going to be so good!!!!
Old 01-28-2020, 07:19 PM   #32
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post

The ZLE can put down some VERY fast lap times, but I think the Z51 LT2 C8 on GY F1 3Rs or PSC2s would be close at a track like Buttonwillow or Laguna Seca.
Gotcha. I thought we were talking stock vs stock... and if we're talking amateur drivers at trackdays? Man who knows!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote