Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #15
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
No good deed goes unpunished. Especially in the web. Next time just let the dealer deal with selling the car LOL
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #16
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
nice of the op to help and be a stand-up guy...(to the dealer)..but i gotta wonder..the dealer ordered a car for you with ZERO deposit??? HMmmmm..
i gotta call b/s-
secondly...sorry..but even the best dealers can and often are a**holes...
she no tears for them...awww too bad, they actually have to talk to tire kickers?? boo fU*kin hooo...i want to go on..but it's a waste of my emotions to go on about dealers..
ps- never met a dealer that didnt want a trade..OR would rather finance or lease(they make $ on that ya know)
so..more b/s
pss- the car isnt even built..yea..the dealer doesn't want to deal with trades..or finances..with ONLY 4-5 weeks remaining to delivery....LOL

Last edited by pwells18; 08-30-2017 at 01:16 PM.
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #17
dsm_mikey

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
I am so done with this thread.

Make your own phone calls like I did to find your own ZL1 1LE. Put down a deposit and wait. There are plenty of MSRP deals (or lower) out there.

They are out there. People are correct, they are not that hard to find. Just make phone calls and send emails. Take YOUR time to find an allocation at a discount or with a trade or to kick tires. I am done wasting MY time to explain myself and to attempt to connect a fan of this awesome car and a dealer that has one being built.

Everyone has an opinion on the interweb.

Have a blessed day.
dsm_mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #18
Tachitup

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE M6; previous 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_mikey View Post
I will update this thread with a clear understanding of what I intended to convey in my original post...

#1. My post was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. Clear and concise wording was used. If it seems demanding, I am sorry. I have no skin in the game. Getting a deposit back is not my motivation for this post. Simply not an issue. We notified the dealer immediately once we purchased the Black ZL1 1LE from another dealer. 0 issues. The selling dealer understands completely. He just asked for some help in selling the car before it arrives. The order was just picked up by GM. My intention was to help him by sending SOLID leads his way. I did not want to send him 50 calls a day about 1 car. That is simply not helping.

#2. I understand the ZL1 1LE is not a 991.2 GT3 allocation. Again, I do not think the requests are extreme. The requests in my original post were meant to help the selling dealer by not being bombarded by tire kickers. Time is money in any business where sales are involved. At the end of the day, this is one sale for the dealership-not life changing. I am sure he will have 0 problems selling the car once it comes in. I just wanted to help him, not overwhelm him for weeks with calls that go nowhere.

#3. All of the requests made on my original posting were the EXACT same requirements followed when my brother purchased his car from an out of state dealer in Texas approximately 1 month earlier. The only exception being the MSRP price...the car was discounted by the dealer. We did not negotiate or haggle on price. We purchased the car for the full asking price of the dealer. With our added expenses of flights, hotel, and transport of the car total cost was roughly MSRP. It was an easy and quick deal with 0 issues.

#4. The dealer in Texas we purchased the car from was bombarded with phone calls for a week prior to our purchase of the vehicle. People were calling that were so upside down on their trades there was simply no way to work a deal. People were calling out of country and out of state that did not want to visit the dealer in person to secure the deal.

Read through that thread here -> http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502755 Go to Page 2 to see people throwing the salesman under the bus...

At the end of the day the guy who sold us the car was blasted from other members on this site who indicated he was not a good person because they did not want to follow his clear instructions.

We called and purchased the car the same day we called. It was clear he needed us in Texas to sign the paperwork in person. We booked our flights and got the deal done-easy deal. We had a trade. We decided to sell it privately so that the deal was not lost. We followed what was required by the dealer to get the deal done.

My intention was not to bombard the dealer with wasted phone calls that takes him away from his job of selling cars. This is one car. He has hundreds of cars on his lot at anyone time. It is the owner of the dealership that we are dealing with. I guarantee the hassle of 50 phone calls a day asking about 1 vehicle is simply not worth his effort or time.

#5. I now wish I would have double checked my spelling and grammar. I did not know the interweb grammar and spelling police were on this site. I have read many posts on this site and it would appear that the grammar police are not always on duty!

FYI, I have NOT double checked this post for grammar or spelling mistakes-so please forgive me in advance!

I hope that everyone understands my motivation for the original post. It is not greed. I literally have 0 gain or loss no matter who purchase the car. 0. My intention was to help people, not hurt feelings.
Cool post. Nice of you to pass along some goodwill for the dealer who helped you. Ignore the shamers, they're just trying to feel superior.
Tachitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #19
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
If you were really genuine about it then I apologize. You have to admit it does sound fishy. When I can go here all day long and get one...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #20
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
This thread is fun right now.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #21
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
You have a lot of demands for someone who is backing out of a deal. It would appear you need someone to take your allocation slot, to get a deposit back?

I like how your idea of "BS" is a trade in, and negotiations. You might be the worst car buyer in history my friend.

Delete this thread and save your self the embarrassment. Also, fix your grammatical errors its embarrassing.
I just called the Chevy dealer close to my house in DFW area and they want 10% deposit for the ZL1 1LE if I ordered it.

Wholly crapski!!!

Past Rides
Old 08-30-2017, 06:27 PM   #22
Outahand

Drives: 2018 ZL1
When I ordered my 18 ZL1 I paid no deposit. I actually expected to and wanted to. He said if I paid a deposit he would have to give it back if I did not buy the car for any reason anyways.

He said he would have no trouble selling the car if I did not want it.

I think he just knew I would be back to buy it.
87 Grand National. Stock
65 Olds Vista Cruiser wagon Grand National motor/tran
66 Bronco Rockbuggy
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins 6 speed
Outahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #23
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
I just called the Chevy dealer close to my house in DFW area and they want 10% deposit for the ZL1 1LE if I ordered it.

Wholly crapski!!!
dude...not a DEALER ON THE PLANET ..will ORDER that car..without a deposit..
won't happen..didn't happen..and thats why i've been breakin his shoes all day..IF..IF a dealer did order one, sans deposit...i would not count on him selling the car to me..he might..but he wouldnt be committed to..
liar..liar..pants are on fire...
-sorry..duck theory in play here.
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #24
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
This thread is fun right now.
This has been an enjoyable experience
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #25
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
won't happen..didn't happen..and thats why i've been breakin his shoes all day..IF..IF a dealer did order one, sans deposit...i would not count on him selling the car to me..he might..but he wouldnt be committed to..
There are exceptions to every rule. I'm just sayin'.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:26 PM   #26
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwells18 View Post
I was figuring about a $3k deposit before I called, but not that much. Not that I would not pay it, it will go to the car anyway. I could see a regular ZL1 (if you can call the ZL1, regular) not needing a deposit.

Past Rides
Old 08-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
My secretary called dealers as I did not have the time about a month ago.
She found dealers all across the country with allocations but no one with a car.
One dealer close to me had an allocation of one car and did not know what it was or how much it would be but that they would sell it for msrp.
She gave them my credit card number and a deposit for 1K with stipulation it would be msrp.
They had the price and build sheet in 2 weeks and I had the car in 4 weeks at msrp.
They got a second allocation 2 weeks later and I passed on the info to a fellow board member. He called the next day and all of a sudden they could not sell the car to someone out of state. I think they decided they could either get more than msrp which the board member offered or they were keeping it for a preferential customer.
Anyway, 1K deposit secured my car.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #28
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
One very important question, aren't its, it's, and tits all the same thing?? Sorry, my grammar is not so good.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote