Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
dsm_mikey

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
New White ZL1 1LE Available

Hey everyone. I have a 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE allocation (STICKER PRICE deal) that will be built in about 3 weeks. I ended up finding another 1LE through the forum and I want to return the favor.

I want to send the dealership someone who is ready to buy that does NOT have a trade. I would like this to be an easy deal with 0 BS.

Please PM me with your contact information and I can respond with the dealer name and contact information.

I want this to be an easy deal. Please don't contact me IF

1. You can't get approved to finance a $73K car.
2. You have a trade. (NO TRADES)
3. You are looking to negotiate off from a sticker deal.
4. You don't like white. (Too late to cahange the order. It is white, 1LE, PDR, Nav, Carbon Package)
5. You are undecided whether a 1LE will ride too rough for you!

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Mike
dsm_mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_mikey View Post
Hey everyone. I have a 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE allocation (STICKER PRICE deal) that will be built in about 3 weeks. I ended up finding another 1LE through the forum and I want to return the favor.

I want to send the dealership someone who is ready to buy that does NOT have a trade. I would like this to be an easy deal with 0 BS.

Please PM me with your contact information and I can respond with the dealer name and contact information.

4. You don't like white. (Too late to cahange the order. It is white, 1LE, PDR, Nav, Carbon Package)

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Mike
LOL!
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
You have a lot of demands for someone who is backing out of a deal. It would appear you need someone to take your allocation slot, to get a deposit back?

I like how your idea of "BS" is a trade in, and negotiations. You might be the worst car buyer in history my friend.

Delete this thread and save your self the embarrassment. Also, fix your grammatical errors its embarrassing.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
dsm_mikey

The wonderful thing about the interweb is that everyone can have an opinion!

For those that are serious about getting a 1LE, the requests made are not difficult to overcome.

Either way, I wish you well!!
Old 08-29-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
Doughboy7474

Drives: 17 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_mikey View Post

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Mike
LOL, makes no sense. Why would a dealership not deal if you have a trade? I agree, sounds like you're trying to get your money back after you screwed over the dealer.
Doughboy7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Delete this thread and save your self the embarrassment. Also, fix your grammatical errors its embarrassing.
People in glass houses... It's is different than its. Look it up before you make fun of other people.

Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:32 AM   #7
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
We talking about a limited edition 1/100 Porsche GTS 3.....or we talking about a ****ing Camaro.... lmao
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #8
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
I have no problem with the ops "point/topic"- or "subject matter"- I have a problem with the "tone"- very condescending...and kinda rude...
He could have said what he wanted to say in a nice way-
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #9
toronto18zl1

Drives: Cayenne GTS, Tesla SP90D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
We talking about a limited edition 1/100 Porsche GTS 3.....or we talking about a ****ing Camaro.... lmao
first of all i think op's conditions are a bit ridiculous, so that's that.
second, it's not a gts3, its a gt3, and gt3 are fairly common, gt3rs are the ones thats hard to get your hands on.
lastly, here in canada, you actually have a better chance getting a gt3rs than a zl1 1le as of today. pretty crazy world eh!
toronto18zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #10
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
You have a lot of demands for someone who is backing out of a deal. It would appear you need someone to take your allocation slot, to get a deposit back?

I like how your idea of "BS" is a trade in, and negotiations. You might be the worst car buyer in history my friend.

I have found out after being on Mustang6g, that Mustang boys cannot spell pretty much at all. So cut him some slack, maybe.

Looks like a troll to me riding a GT350R if that is even true.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Unless you write regularly, tenor is a difficult thing to convey (in writing).

I do not find all of the conditions offensive (although those conditions may be more appropriate in a sale, rather than an allocation).

I would have simply worded it differently so as to not come off as so haughty and demanding. I doubt if that was the op's intent.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 AM   #12
pwells18

Drives: 2017 zl1 conv 6 sp- '18 trackhawk
I think the op writes well...and often...
no novice, imho-
he knew exactly what he wanted to say and conveyed it....
-having said that..."troll" does come to mind...I can't imagine a dealer not wanting a trade...those bottom feeders LOVE trades...LOL
pwells18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #13
dsm_mikey

I will update this thread with a clear understanding of what I intended to convey in my original post...

#1. My post was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. Clear and concise wording was used. If it seems demanding, I am sorry. I have no skin in the game. Getting a deposit back is not my motivation for this post. Simply not an issue. We notified the dealer immediately once we purchased the Black ZL1 1LE from another dealer. 0 issues. The selling dealer understands completely. He just asked for some help in selling the car before it arrives. The order was just picked up by GM. My intention was to help him by sending SOLID leads his way. I did not want to send him 50 calls a day about 1 car. That is simply not helping.

#2. I understand the ZL1 1LE is not a 991.2 GT3 allocation. Again, I do not think the requests are extreme. The requests in my original post were meant to help the selling dealer by not being bombarded by tire kickers. Time is money in any business where sales are involved. At the end of the day, this is one sale for the dealership-not life changing. I am sure he will have 0 problems selling the car once it comes in. I just wanted to help him, not overwhelm him for weeks with calls that go nowhere.

#3. All of the requests made on my original posting were the EXACT same requirements followed when my brother purchased his car from an out of state dealer in Texas approximately 1 month earlier. The only exception being the MSRP price...the car was discounted by the dealer. We did not negotiate or haggle on price. We purchased the car for the full asking price of the dealer. With our added expenses of flights, hotel, and transport of the car total cost was roughly MSRP. It was an easy and quick deal with 0 issues.

#4. The dealer in Texas we purchased the car from was bombarded with phone calls for a week prior to our purchase of the vehicle. People were calling that were so upside down on their trades there was simply no way to work a deal. People were calling out of country and out of state that did not want to visit the dealer in person to secure the deal.

Read through that thread here -> http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502755 Go to Page 2 to see people throwing the salesman under the bus...

At the end of the day the guy who sold us the car was blasted from other members on this site who indicated he was not a good person because they did not want to follow his clear instructions.

We called and purchased the car the same day we called. It was clear he needed us in Texas to sign the paperwork in person. We booked our flights and got the deal done-easy deal. We had a trade. We decided to sell it privately so that the deal was not lost. We followed what was required by the dealer to get the deal done.

My intention was not to bombard the dealer with wasted phone calls that takes him away from his job of selling cars. This is one car. He has hundreds of cars on his lot at anyone time. It is the owner of the dealership that we are dealing with. I guarantee the hassle of 50 phone calls a day asking about 1 vehicle is simply not worth his effort or time.

#5. I now wish I would have double checked my spelling and grammar. I did not know the interweb grammar and spelling police were on this site. I have read many posts on this site and it would appear that the grammar police are not always on duty!

FYI, I have NOT double checked this post for grammar or spelling mistakes-so please forgive me in advance!

I hope that everyone understands my motivation for the original post. It is not greed. I literally have 0 gain or loss no matter who purchase the car. 0. My intention was to help people, not hurt feelings.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #14
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I saw nothing wrong with the way the original post was worded. There are a lot of tire kickers and underwater buyers out there. I don't blame the salesman for those requests. No salesman wants to waste time on someone who can't logically purchase a car anyways.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote