Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2024, 04:24 AM   #141
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCWORTH View Post
This is a good Idea if your ok with drilling holes in your hoods

This was common back in the old days

https://youtu.be/T4OVvZjmrPg?si=e92NNqUK5WhJeEAK
I am thinking of making a “hidden” manual hood release like the old days, and disconnecting the cable going to the cab.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:08 AM   #142
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
do you guys not like the IGLA system or the "killswitch" I posted because they are intrusive?

I like the immobilizer fuse you guys have been posting as well but these two above are much more hidden

IMO, IGLA is far far superior than ravelco and IF somehow IGLA fails, it fails open. Raveclo pins wear out = not great news
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:47 AM   #143
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
do you guys not like the IGLA system or the "killswitch" I posted because they are intrusive?

I like the immobilizer fuse you guys have been posting as well but these two above are much more hidden

IMO, IGLA is far far superior than ravelco and IF somehow IGLA fails, it fails open. Raveclo pins wear out = not great news
The best option I’ve seen so far is the igla system. I got the mobilistics device for now until I can get the igla installed. To your point the igla will be much more hidden.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:19 AM   #144
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
The color is similar but it stands apart from the markings on the factory relays. I bought a spare factory relay to see if I could swap cases out to help the immobilizer blend in more.

Also, the concept of OBD port locks got me thinking about ways to "lock down" the fuse box lid. No specific ideas beyond thinking about the general concept.
Yeah my only complaint about their relay. Not worrying about it much. If they actually want to take time to figure out why the car doesn’t start and see the relay, they better have a stock relay with them to use. I was thinking the same about a way to secure the fuse box, maybe straps and a lock. I use faraday pouches and a obd port lock also . Only so much you can do.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:36 AM   #145
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
The best option I’ve seen so far is the igla system. I got the mobilistics device for now until I can get the igla installed. To your point the igla will be much more hidden.
I think I will go with IGLA as well, even with a manual.

There is an installer here who has done a manual SS 1le so I think the firmware is out there.

There is a bit of a delay when starting the car up now, and the IGLA fobs can be hit or miss. I believe there is a phone app too to bypass punching in the code each time. My friend uses the fob to bypass the code and so far so good, just have heard things with the fob.

It is a toss up between IGLA and the push to start immobilizer.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:37 AM   #146
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah my only complaint about their relay. Not worrying about it much. If they actually want to take time to figure out why the car doesn’t start and see the relay, they better have a stock relay with them to use. I was thinking the same about a way to secure the fuse box, maybe straps and a lock. I use faraday pouches and a obd port lock also . Only so much you can do.
All 3 of these things can be overcome by just having an IGLA system
Old 02-11-2024, 10:55 AM   #147
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
All 3 of these things can be overcome by just having an IGLA system
But these don’t cost much. And my car isn’t a daily, doesn’t go to malls and such and is garaged. If it was and was parked in not so good areas, then yes Igla would be good. Until they use a tow truck
Old 02-11-2024, 11:05 AM   #148
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
But these don’t cost much. And my car isn’t a daily, doesn’t go to malls and such and is garaged. If it was and was parked in not so good areas, then yes Igla would be good. Until they use a tow truck
very true
Old 02-11-2024, 11:13 AM   #149
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
very true
It’s really maddening that we do have a great alarm system with whole car immobilizer. That theives can defeat it with a scanner/relay method, or just the scanner and break a window and plug into the obd port and steel the car so fast. Pathetic we have to, if desired,to install another whole alarm system!
Old 02-11-2024, 12:56 PM   #150
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

For me, it is not that I don't like the IGLA (I think Chevy should use a pin system for all keyless vehicles, but that's just me). However from checking the IGLA site and calling some local shops, there aren't many installers in my area, and I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere, so it makes it less desirable to have to drive possibly several hundred miles to have the system installed. And if something goes wrong with it, how to get service. Also concerned about voiding the warranty.

The Mobilistics option is straightforward and if it fails, I pop the old relay back in. Combined with some other measures/deterrents, I'm pretty happy with that. Like others said, if this was my daily driver I might think differently but I'm my case it is a garage queen/weekend toy.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:14 PM   #151
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

I haven’t checked all the posts, but check your door lock options in settings. Mine was set so you can lock/unlock with the door handle as well as fob from the dealer. I turned off the unlock with door handle option . Even with fob next to door you cannot open the door with the door button. I simulated a broken window by rolling it down ( not sure that replicates it or not) to try to unlock door with the buttons inside the car on the door. Can’t do it. Trunk obviously locked to. If a relay attack is done I have no idea if they can re enable the manual option. And with fob next to door it still won’t open so relay attack would appear not to work. Just keep fob in a faraday pouch. Some thoughts for you all .
Old 02-11-2024, 01:58 PM   #152
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For me, it is not that I don't like the IGLA (I think Chevy should use a pin system for all keyless vehicles, but that's just me). However from checking the IGLA site and calling some local shops, there aren't many installers in my area, and I'm not exactly in the middle of nowhere, so it makes it less desirable to have to drive possibly several hundred miles to have the system installed. And if something goes wrong with it, how to get service. Also concerned about voiding the warranty.

The Mobilistics option is straightforward and if it fails, I pop the old relay back in. Combined with some other measures/deterrents, I'm pretty happy with that. Like others said, if this was my daily driver I might think differently but I'm my case it is a garage queen/weekend toy.
got it! Makes sense. So with mobilistics you just pop their relay into a fuse location and on/off with the remote?
Old 02-11-2024, 02:04 PM   #153
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
Great review, thanks! I'm planning on going this route soon. Going to be taking a trip this spring from WI to FL, and will be staying in unfamiliar locations on the way down there & back. Also plan on doing and OBD port lock, and might even lock a dummy port in the stock location and just tuck the original port up in the dash somewhere if there's room. I have an AFM disabler plugged into it, so that could create a little complication but we'll see. And of course using faraday bags. Then I'll top it off with a steering wheel lock to deter the thieves looking for an easy target.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 02:08 PM   #154
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostere4 View Post
Last question I know neither app or fob remote start work when this is armed, as it is obviously blocking the start.
Keep your remote start by adding a TX-21 NoStart Hardwired Transmitter. I will be going with the Immobilizer, and seriously considering adding this to it.

https://www.mobilistics.com/tx-21-no...d-transmitter/
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote