#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #29
asrautox

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt.v View Post
Little FYI, for those who want to mod their car with E85, just know that the gas(E85) REMOVES the pops and gurgles.

Its a win/lose situation. :(

Therefore an aftermarket exhaust/axelbacks/catbacks is needed to sustain a decent sounding 1LE Lol.
This actually isn't entirely true. A good tuner can tune the pops and gurgles back in.. I know mine does
asrautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #30
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna_Flow View Post
We like the sound of our Competition system. It's just aggressive enough without being too loud for street driving. The best part is it works with the NPP valves, so you don't lose out on the functionality!
Would love to hear the magnaflow system , got any sound clips ?i want to keep npp functionality
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #31
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I have stock manifolds and all stock NPP exhaust except for primary Cat deletes (CA Perf) and gutted secondaries and I get asked on a regular basis what Ive done to the exhaust & complimented on how it sounds.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #32
Camarentino

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I love my MBRP race catback. No drone pretty loud and very affordable. No valves tho. It's all personal preference really

KN intake-MBRP cb- 2nd cat deletes- ACS sides- iroc Z spoiler- Eibach Pro- Katech 95TB- MSD Manifold-GM strut bar- Custom tune by Arun Ahuja @ CCPERF.ca

Camarentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #33
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Any love or hate in here for the Stainless Works axleback setup? Considering that for my 1LE soon. Preferred or best vendor for it too would be awesome. he few clips of it on Youtube sound like it has the deepest tone, to my ears anyway, without being raspy or having any or too much drone.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #34
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
If I were to do one, AWE and probably axle back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
Any love or hate in here for the Stainless Works axleback setup? Considering that for my 1LE soon. Preferred or best vendor for it too would be awesome. he few clips of it on Youtube sound like it has the deepest tone, to my ears anyway, without being raspy or having any or too much drone.
there's a member here who had a very terrible time with a stainless works. Just one example so take it for what its worth, i'm sure you can search for his thread.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #35
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:

I love my Stainless Works, nice deep guttural tone, no rasp at all (main reason I went SW), slight drone at light load while cruising but not bad, though I do put it in quiet mode on long trips. I got my used so I can't speak for vendors.

My next choice would be AWE, but they don't offer an NPP version which I would prefer to keep.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #36
Walt.v

Drives: 19' Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrautox View Post
This actually isn't entirely true. A good tuner can tune the pops and gurgles back in.. I know mine does
But those "pops and gurgles" isn't the best when you're going for speed... hence the reason you go E85.
Roto-Fab Intake
E85 Flex-Fuel
Eibach Pro-Kit
GP Tuned
Walt.v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #37
asrautox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt.v View Post
But those "pops and gurgles" isn't the best when you're going for speed... hence the reason you go E85.

Eh, what? You do realize we’re talking about overrun while Decelerating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #38
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
AWE Touring w resonators installed

I am currently running Kooks 17/8 headers & green cats with secondary cat delete. Catback AWE touring with resonators. Loud and nasty at cold start shifting at NOT wide open throttle civilized, cruising NO DRONE at all, wide open throttle pedal mashed , LOOK OUT, really badazz. Couldnt be happier and a super high quality product. Tips are beautiful ( black chrome)
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #39
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
If I were to do one, AWE and probably axle back.

there's a member here who had a very terrible time with a stainless works. Just one example so take it for what its worth, i'm sure you can search for his thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I love my Stainless Works, nice deep guttural tone, no rasp at all (main reason I went SW), slight drone at light load while cruising but not bad, though I do put it in quiet mode on long trips. I got my used so I can't speak for vendors.

My next choice would be AWE, but they don't offer an NPP version which I would prefer to keep.
Thank you for y'alls feedback. Keeping the NPP functionality is a must so AWE is out.

FNx: Is that drone only on the highway at a specific RPM with the valves open? Curious about what conditions you have (speed, gear, rpm, etc) when it occurs. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #40
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Thank you for y'alls feedback. Keeping the NPP functionality is a must so AWE is out.

FNx: Is that drone only on the highway at a specific RPM with the valves open? Curious about what conditions you have (speed, gear, rpm, etc) when it occurs. Thanks!
yea pretty much only in a very small RPM range, usually only really happens to me when I have to slow down a bit (say 5-10mph) because of slower traffic and then speed back up without down shifting.

I did actually drive my car to work today so I'll try to do some "research" on the way home to tell you exactly when it happens haha
Old 06-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #41
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Everyone is going to say the one that they have, lol.

Seriously though, I do love my Corsa Extreme+ cat-back. The only downside to it is you lose the NPP functionality. However it is a great exotic sound with lots of pops, burbles (especially when cold).
Yes! Mine! Yours! It's like b eer. All about what you like. Your money. America.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #42
kaiserusmc13

Drives: 2018 camaro ss 1le
Corsa Extreme all day! I was in your same shoes and kept looking at exhaust for 6 months and finally went with Corsa! I am very glad I did and will not disappoint! I do not even notice not having the NPP anymore.
kaiserusmc13 is offline   Reply With Quote