Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #99
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Hey BlaqWhole

Hey man noticed after i replied that your listed mods are similar to where i want to go with same type of car. Im curious if you dyno'd before and/or after? And in general how you feel about your cars performance?
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #100
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Thank you for your insight. Thats a great point in regards to having a gm approved tune or licensed gm tuner. I intend to keep this car indefinitely. Its not just another horse in the stable to me. So as much as it kills me to leave power on the table...its just not logical to tune. That being said i am looking to do whatever i can without a tune. catback...ported throttle body...maybe thermal plates. Whatever i can "get away with".
It would be nice if they did something like that. Even if it was just a tune that could add throttle opening speed and increase the rev limiter and/or a higher octane tune...maybe one day.
Quote:
Hey man noticed after i replied that your listed mods are similar to where i want to go with same type of car. Im curious if you dyno'd before and/or after? And in general how you feel about your cars performance?
The shop I got my intake from offered my 2 free dyno pulls after I bought it but I never took them up on it. I'm not really a fan of dynos, lol, if that makes any sense. I guess maybe I don't like seeing my car at WOT for a dyno pull. I feel that it performs nice enough that I am satisfied with it. More power would be nice. But for me it isn't worth a voided warranty. And I think what really opened the car up was the VTC. These cars have such horrible throttle lag from the factory. The VTC at setting 4 for me is perfect. I think the combination I have now is good enough that I'll leave it like this while I have the car. But...the mod disease is serious. One day I just might do LTs, pulley, and a (gasp) tune, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:20 AM   #101
Boo

Thank you for that. Im off the same mind. Im sure down the road ill break down but ive got plenty of car at the moment to get familiar with? VTC is Vitesse Throttle Controller? If so im going to look into this. Thanks again
Old 11-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #102
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thank you for that. Im off the same mind. Im sure down the road ill break down but ive got plenty of car at the moment to get familiar with? VTC is Vitesse Throttle Controller? If so im going to look into this. Thanks again
Yes. Vitesse Throttle controller. If you do get one, I will suggest also investing in a cheap DTC reader/eraser. The VTC has a tendency to throw the car into limp mode every now and then. It causes some type of error at times. It has happened to me twice. The first time was about 2 months after installing it. The second time was 2 or 3 months after that. And it hasn't happened again. So as long as it doesn't start happening more frequently or in a critical situation (like merging into traffic) then I am ok with it. But it is fine once you erase the code. Just a fair warning, lol!
Old 11-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #103
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes. Vitesse Throttle controller. If you do get one, I will suggest also investing in a cheap DTC reader/eraser. The VTC has a tendency to throw the car into limp mode every now and then. It causes some type of error at times. It has happened to me twice. The first time was about 2 months after installing it. The second time was 2 or 3 months after that. And it hasn't happened again. So as long as it doesn't start happening more frequently or in a critical situation (like merging into traffic) then I am ok with it. But it is fine once you erase the code. Just a fair warning, lol!
Ok is it dangerous as far as alerting GM? Im guessing onstar is notified as well...
Old 11-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #104
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok is it dangerous as far as alerting GM? Im guessing onstar is notified as well...
Nah. Nothing like that. You might get an email saying that a DTC was detected but it ain't nothing serious. Each time it happened I just erased the codes and went Hilary on the emails and that was it.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #105
Boo

Quote:
Nah. Nothing like that. You might get an email saying that a DTC was detected but it ain't nothing serious. Each time it happened I just erased the codes and went Hilary on the emails and that was it.
Right on! Thanks again. I'll pursue it! "Went hilary on the emails"...Awesome!
Old 11-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #106
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:

Lmao

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #107
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
I installed the rotofab on my car the other night. I like the fitment and finished look very much. I posted on a couple threads how I was disappointed it didn't add more in the whine department but I won't get into that again here.
Was just wondering if anyone that has had any of the after market intakes not like the sucking noise they make when hitting the gas from a stand still? I especially notice it when pulling into the garage. I have had many cars and many intakes and don't remember it being this audible on the others.
Not sure if I'm a fan or if I think its kind of cheesy sounding yet. My wife hates it though and was like put the stock one back please. Lol lol....
Anyways any of you not like it and ultimately revert back to the stock intake cause of it?
Or maybe I am the only crazy one even given this a thought.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #108
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Rotofab is an open box design so that’s why you get that sucking sound. Some of the enclosed box intakes might not make as much suction noise, but I’m not positive. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the noise at first myself, but I know it’s just the sound of the massive amount of air the engine is ingesting.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:29 PM   #109
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
Rotofab is an open box design so that’s why you get that sucking sound. Some of the enclosed box intakes might not make as much suction noise, but I’m not positive. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the noise at first myself, but I know it’s just the sound of the massive amount of air the engine is ingesting.

True enough man and realize that. So what's your verdict? You like it or na?
Curious......
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote