Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #15
Ithril

Drives: 2018 2SS
I use WinAmp to create the playlist, but I have found the car seems to prefer to re-arrange my songs into alphabetical order regardless of the order in the playlist. Has anyone else noticed this? Any solution?
Ithril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #16
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithril View Post
I use WinAmp to create the playlist, but I have found the car seems to prefer to re-arrange my songs into alphabetical order regardless of the order in the playlist. Has anyone else noticed this? Any solution?
I use WMP to create an m3u list. I got annoyed with myLink's dumb shuffle logic so I decided to shuffle my playlist in WMP then save it to the stick. myLink plays it exactly how it's saved every time. What format are you saving in? May want to try WMP just to see.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #17
LiveWire195

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Out of curiosity, what did you format your flash drive to? NTFS or FAT32?

I have an old iPod Color 128GB (4th or 5th Gen), and basically the head unit would freeze or take a while to play songs. I then said **** it, I'll just buy the latest iPod Touch 128GB (7th Gen). While the freezing stopped, I did experience some load times longer than a few seconds. I plan to return the iPod and setup the flash drive.

The first flash drive I used was a 32 GB one, and everything loaded so fast. It was great! Now the 128 GB it isn't being detected for whatever reason in the car. My music collection is 80 GB, and I'd like to have it all with me if possible.

Any ideas if this is even possible? If so, I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm doing wrong. What's even more frustrating is I do IT for a living, and this car is just blowing my mind on how finicky it is being with a USB drive!

The USB Drive I'm attempting to use is this:
https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-usb
LiveWire195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #18
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
This is the one I use in my car

https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-fit-usb
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #19
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
I found an easier way. I created a new playlist on Itunes. I copied all of my songs to the USB drive. I then selected all of them and clicked and dragged them to the playlist. Then with the playlist selected go to File/Libary/export playlist. Make sure the save as type is M3U and save the file to your USB drive and you are all set
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #20
WannaKatana

Drives: 2016 Coupe
I copied a CD to the thumb drive and it keeps playing the first song over and over unless I manually press "next" on the audio console. What might I be doing wrong?

I copied an entire folder to the thumb drive containing one "album".

I don't have Apple/iTunes. If I don't use Apple products, is iTunes still a good tool to use?

Thanks,

Joel
WannaKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #21
LiveWire195

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaKatana View Post
I copied a CD to the thumb drive and it keeps playing the first song over and over unless I manually press "next" on the audio console. What might I be doing wrong?

I copied an entire folder to the thumb drive containing one "album".

I don't have Apple/iTunes. If I don't use Apple products, is iTunes still a good tool to use?

Thanks,

Joel
Sounds like you have repeat on, if it is playing the same song over and over again.

Another thing you can do is to make it easier is updating all of the ID3 tags information. This will put your tracks in numerical order and play as the CD actually is. If you haven't managed them yet, it is going to suck; not going to lie about that. I have been using DBpoweramp for years now. https://www.dbpoweramp.com It was about $40 bucks, and well worth it.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #22
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaKatana View Post

It used to put a lot of bloat on your computer. It's not as bad as it was, provided you are careful to uncheck all the boxes when you install it. Given that it's free, it's not bad although it's never been very user friendly and you'll find yourself doing google searches just trying to figure out how to do simple tasks. You'll need an Apple login to run it. I'm guessing those are free to register, but I don't know. I have a login because I have several Apple products.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #23
LiveWire195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
It used to put a lot of bloat on your computer. It's not as bad as it was, provided you are careful to uncheck all the boxes when you install it. Given that it's free, it's not bad although it's never been very user friendly and you'll find yourself doing google searches just trying to figure out how to do simple tasks. You'll need an Apple login to run it. I'm guessing those are free to register, but I don't know. I have a login because I have several Apple products.
I don't have any Apple products anymore, but iTunes is nice for organizing your music by Artist, Album, and song. Just be careful what you click on the install, like the additional software.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #24
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundiMan View Post
I found an easier way. I created a new playlist on Itunes. I copied all of my songs to the USB drive. I then selected all of them and clicked and dragged them to the playlist. Then with the playlist selected go to File/Libary/export playlist. Make sure the save as type is M3U and save the file to your USB drive and you are all set

That's the way I do it. I create a separate directory for the music files with the name of the playlist and save the M3U file in the root. Makes organization easier if you have multiple playlists on the same drive.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #25
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
Format any stick drive as fat32. Set whatever player you use on laptop or PC to MP3. Create a folder on the stick drive called Music. Under that paste every album you have, done. The car will pickup the folder and you can sort it, shuffle, play full albums, most anything you can do with a player. It's not a custom playlist, but I've never been that into making playlists. Easy money. FYI - I'm a IT Senior Systems Engineer.
NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
2017 Camaro

Drives: 2017 RS
USB Drive music

Guys,

I want to do what you've talked about in this thread, because I want all of my music in the car, always ready to go. Don't want to have to connect my phone (Bluetooth or cable). These instructions look great if you're using windows, but I need to accomplish this with a MacBook Pro. I bought the 32GB Patriot Tab, which is a micro USB that I won't have to worry about breaking or getting snagged on anything in the console, because it's so tiny. If there are any Apple users that can help me out with this, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks It's a 2017 with the 7" Infotainment System.
2017 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #27
LiveWire195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017 Camaro View Post
Guys,

I want to do what you've talked about in this thread, because I want all of my music in the car, always ready to go. Don't want to have to connect my phone (Bluetooth or cable). These instructions look great if you're using windows, but I need to accomplish this with a MacBook Pro. I bought the 32GB Patriot Tab, which is a micro USB that I won't have to worry about breaking or getting snagged on anything in the console, because it's so tiny. If there are any Apple users that can help me out with this, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks It's a 2017 with the 7" Infotainment System.
The setup would be the same, you can download Paragon Partition Magic Free to format the drive to NTFS, and just paste the folders with files in it like I described above.

You can download it here: https://www.paragon-software.com/free/pm-express/