Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 11-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Which maintenance schedule?

Hey y’all.
I used to live in a area where my car wasn’t in a lot of stop and go traffic or high humidity. Now I’m in Jacksonville, there are a lot more stop lights, should I follow the severe or normal maintenance schedule? Trying to make this car last a long time.

Cheers!
Christian.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The only difference I noted between Normal and Severe maintenance schedules was to change trans fluid at 45k miles. To be honest, I changed mine at 8k, so I would definitely recommend changing it at 45k miles if not earlier. I mainly did it so early to replace the factory fluid with something else though. The stock fluid I drained was still perfectly clean as far as I could tell. The rear end fluid on the other hand... that was nasty.

As for oil and such, your oil life meter in your car will do a decent enough job to adjust to how you drive and tell you when to change it. You might have to change more often, but just do it before you hit 0% oil life left and you should be good. Air filter is pretty obvious, just visually inspect it. It will be easy to tell if it's dirty. They are cheap enough so replace slightly more often.
Daily1LE is offline   Reply With Quote