Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #85
ykeeta

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS/RS
Picked up my 2010 Camaro in the spring of 2016. With just 5,600 garage kept miles on her I paid $24,900. I added just over $10,000 in mods and took the mileage to 37K. Most I could get around here is maybe $22,000 by private sale, if I'm lucky. This doesn't matter much to me though because she's a keeper.
CAI Intake, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla Type S, JDP Stage 3 Cam, TSP .660" Spring Kit, 3.91, Posi Mod, Elite Engineering Oil Catch, BMR Trailing Arms & Subframe Bushings, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs, Ported TB, Short Throw shifter.
ykeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:20 AM   #86
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
Gonna be a long time before even a factory-straight, unmolested SS 5th gen begins to make real money. Maybe the Zed will due to the limited numbers. Enjoy 'em now boys while you can (and while we can still be non-electric, non-self-driving gearheads)
Old 09-25-2020, 06:19 AM   #87
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
Enjoy 'em now boys while you can (and while we can still be non-electric, non-self-driving gearheads)
This.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #88
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'll never give in and be pushed into a self-driving pod with automatic control. F-that.

EV's I don't mind, but as long as they have support (parts and service) for gasoline vehicles. Anyway, by the time everything is electric only and there is no choice, new or used, we'll all be dead anyway. At least those us of driving age right now. lol!
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:15 AM   #89
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I'll never give in and be pushed into a self-driving pod with automatic control. F-that.

EV's I don't mind, but as long as they have support (parts and service) for gasoline vehicles. Anyway, by the time everything is electric only and there is no choice, new or used, we'll all be dead anyway. At least those us of driving age right now. lol!
All new cars sold in California will be EV by 2035. I bet they won’t allow all those batteries to be disposed of in California.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #90
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Well in California you won't be driving your Camaro on the roads after 2035. Newsome has banned fossil fuel cars so you might wanna sell now.

Sad when you think about all the hot rodding history that came out of southern California.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #91
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Well in California you won't be driving your Camaro on the roads after 2035. Newsome has banned fossil fuel cars so you might wanna sell now.

Sad when you think about all the hot rodding history that came out of southern California.

Don-t know who Newsome is but will he/she still be in charge of whatever they are in charge of in 2035 or will someone else with a sane mind come along and rescind that ban? Whom ever replaces Newsome may be a car guy and could even be Chip Foose or Boyd Coddington IV for all we know and he may just ban electric cars.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #92
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Don-t know who Newsome is but will he/she still be in charge of whatever they are in charge of in 2035 or will someone else with a sane mind come along and rescind that ban? Whom ever replaces Newsome may be a car guy and could even be Chip Foose or Boyd Coddington IV for all we know and he may just ban electric cars.
Unlikely. California doesn't elect many sensible politicians. They are under enormous pressure to maintain their environmental standards.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #93
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Ok who wants to buy my monster for $40k
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #94
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
All new cars sold in California will be EV by 2035. I bet they won’t allow all those batteries to be disposed of in California.
Funny because the carbon footprint to get the material and build those batteries is worse than fossil fuel. Not that we won't need to find an alternative but battery power is no better.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #95
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
I started out $7,000 upside down on my Camaro because my girlfriend and I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT way too soon and we got hosed. I've been considering selling my Camaro for a while now because I have finally paid it down enough that it's worth more than I owe.
Since seeing this I am strongly considering it again, I even got an offer from Carvana. The car is in great mechanical and decent cosmetic shape, could use a detail.
I do have a check engine light from my long tube headers and high-flow cats, I've tuned it out but it came back and my tuner got jacked out of my car. If I sell I will be reinstalling the stock headers and getting Chevy to put the stock tune back on they quoted me $120 to flash the tune.

I love my Camaro more than any car I've owned but this is almost too good to pass up, the money would put me so far ahead of where I am now, I turned 39 and I am tired of car payments, I've had one my entire adult life. I have a sweet 92 Ford Ranger I've customized and lowered and a nice CBR motorcycle. I would be okay. Would shed a tear for sure, until the first month I bank $600 instead of sending it to the bank for my car

I think I've decided to sell it.
I owe $14,000 but it would take me two more years to pay off. $546 a month payment. I pay 600. Insurance is around $80 a month I think. I have no idea how much I spend on gas.

I stand to save a lot of money and pay off some other debt at the same time.

I do have a couple of things I need to do to the car to clean it up and sell it, but if anybody sees this and might be interested in talking to me about making an offer, please feel free. PM me and we can exchange numbers. I'm in Missouri. My name is Matt.

Last edited by imaSSnake; 09-25-2020 at 05:49 PM.
imaSSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #96
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Honestly, I'll believe it when I see it.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:49 AM   #97
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
I started out $7,000 upside down on my Camaro because my girlfriend and I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT way too soon and we got hosed. I've been considering selling my Camaro for a while now because I have finally paid it down enough that it's worth more than I owe.
Since seeing this I am strongly considering it again, I even got an offer from Carvana. The car is in great mechanical and decent cosmetic shape, could use a detail.
I do have a check engine light from my long tube headers and high-flow cats, I've tuned it out but it came back and my tuner got jacked out of my car. If I sell I will be reinstalling the stock headers and getting Chevy to put the stock tune back on they quoted me $120 to flash the tune.

I love my Camaro more than any car I've owned but this is almost too good to pass up, the money would put me so far ahead of where I am now, I turned 39 and I am tired of car payments, I've had one my entire adult life. I have a sweet 92 Ford Ranger I've customized and lowered and a nice CBR motorcycle. I would be okay. Would shed a tear for sure, until the first month I bank $600 instead of sending it to the bank for my car

I think I've decided to sell it.
I owe $14,000 but it would take me two more years to pay off. $546 a month payment. I pay 600. Insurance is around $80 a month I think. I have no idea how much I spend on gas.

I stand to save a lot of money and pay off some other debt at the same time.

I do have a couple of things I need to do to the car to clean it up and sell it, but if anybody sees this and might be interested in talking to me about making an offer, please feel free. PM me and we can exchange numbers. I'm in Missouri. My name is Matt.

Decided I couldn't sell it, it's back in my driveway for good.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #98
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post

I'll never sell. Also, there'll still be used vehicles that are fossil fueled so I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway, if he's still alive, what is Jay Leno going to do? He has a lot of fossil fueled vehicles in his collection.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote