Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-25-2019, 11:05 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
just had the flush done on my shuddering 17 6.2l silverado iv put a couple thousand miles on it and it works great now.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #16
Turbowolf71

Drives: 2016 2ss Hyper Blue
Had the new fluid flush done almost two weeks ago now after having the shudder come back even worse than when it first happened. Was told the tech checked the converter and said everything was ok but I'm not holding my breath that actually happened. At any rate, the 1-2 shift is still pretty rough when the car is first started up but the shudder is gone at least.

I do have a question though and I'm hoping some of the folks out there with way more knowledge of this stuff can help out. If this crap comes back again, is a new converter from anyone else besides Chevy really the fix for this? What about a tune in conjunction with a new converter? Would that be something to look into as well? I've seen some other postings that seem to imply that this would be the cure all but I don't think anything was really definitive? I would really like to keep this car if a proven fix is out there but this stuff is really starting to get on my last nerves.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i think the tune is putting undue stress on the torque converter that was made cheap. Id definitely do the tune with a new converter. I bet your converter was too far gone by the time you did the fluid flush. everything iv seen on here and in the silverado forums is a new converter and tune will solve the problem. some said a tune solved it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote