Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Finally changed the rear differential fluid

My Camaro has a little over 13k miles on the clock. It was due for an oil change today, so I went ahead and changed the differential fluid too.

I am the second owner, and as far as I know, the differential fluid had never been changed.

Fill plug is on the left, drain plug is on the right. A lot of fine particles stuck to the magnet, but no chunks! Fluid was a little dirty. Overall, everything looked normal to me.

I used Royal Purple MaxGear, 75w-90.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
i want to change mine soon too. Is the royal purple fluid a recommended fluid for our rear ends? and also what is the fluid capacity?
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #3
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4door65guy View Post
i want to change mine soon too. Is the royal purple fluid a recommended fluid for our rear ends? and also what is the fluid capacity?
Well, GM recommends their own fluid and nothing else.

However, RP states that MaxGear is suitable for limited slip differentials. I have used MaxGear in other limited slip differentials.

Like the GM fluid, the RP MaxGear already has the friction modifier additive.

1.2 quarts is the capacity and that is very close to the quantity I drained out and the quantity it took to refill.
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote