Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2019, 11:09 AM   #1
C Man

Drives: 2018 White Convertible Camaro ZL1
Looking for a new GM Dealership - So pissed at Dean Myers incompetence

I'll post my Google Review below if anyone wants to read it. In short... I spent 3 DAYS at the dealership for an oil change and alignment and they got them both wrong.

So I'm looking for another Chevy dealership that can deal with a ZL1. I use special oil for the track and a race prepped alignment as suggest in the owners manual.

Anyone happy with a Performance oriented GM dealership in the GTA. I live at Yonge and the #401 so the closer the better.

---------------
Here is the review from Google:

I drive a performance Chevrolet vehicle that requires special service requirements.

I went in for an oil change and alignment.

Re: the oil change. I discussed the correct oil:
- at time of booking
- the day before the booking
- with the Service Advisor

Re: the alignment.
- I showed the supervisor the correct alignment specs in my car manual. She took a picture of it
- I left the car manual on the dash flipped to the alignment page

I picked up the car the following day and looked at my bill. It stated the WRONG oil on the bill. The warranty could have been voided if I experience engine issues with the wrong oil. Lucky I was able to catch it before I left. So they had to waste my time redoing the oil change a second time.

While changing my oil the second time, I requested the printout for the alignment specs. Following the oil change, without telling me, they put it in another bay to redo the alignment as they found out they used the wrong specs. Again, if I didn't ask, they would have let me go without me knowing the better.

I was now at the dealership for 2.5hrs and needed to leave. A typical alignment takes less than an hour to do. Not sure why it was taking so long. So I left and told them I would be back in the evening.

I came to find my car ready for me to pick-up. I retrieved my keys, went to my car and found an alignment printout on my seat next to the manual. Again, the alignment readout was way off the GM Specs. They had actually used the specs of the wrong vehicle.

I went in and spoke to Chris, the Service Manager. I asked to be compensated for lost time by having a free oil change. He never apologized for any of these issues but agreed. He asked me to keep the car over night to redo the alignment. I said I needed the car for the next day at 11am. So I went home. 11am comes and goes... I get to the dealership, and it took another 1.5hrs to get the car out.

The key alignment spec was done correctly, so I left with the car. Got on the highway and the steering wheel was misaligned and the car pulled to the left.

I decided to go to another shop. Alignment was done in less than an hour, and the car drives beautifully.

I called Chris at the dealership. I said that I didn't trust the service department, and that instead of getting my future oil change covered... I wanted to get refunded for the current one. I also wanted to be refunded for my improper alignment. He basically said that he would only refund the alignment.

The key issue here is that you expect that the dealership service department is better than your local mechanic. If I did not have any knowledge of how a car worked, I would have left the dealership with improper oil (super critical for engine life) and an improper alignment (causing increased tire wear).

I sent an email to the General Manager last week. I also left him a message. I have not heard anything back.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
Hey Claudio, it may be a little out of your way, but you could try Wilson Niblett (Yonge south of Elgin Mills). They do know a thing or two about performance vehicles
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Flybynight

Drives: 2015 Abarth
You'll almost have to call around and talk with the service managers. Try to get a feel if he knows the difference between a ZL1 and an Equinox.
Flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
SkySerpent

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange LT1 M6
I feel your pain. I went through issues with two GM dealerships (Humberview in Etobicoke and Ontario Motor Sales in Oshawa) that proved to be very incompetent in the service department. First dealership took 2 months to replace an exhaust after telling me twice that they fixed it and there was nothing wrong with the car. Turns out there was a broken weld and the extremely loud rattle I was hearing was real (my car sounded like a poorly rusted out civic exhaust). They also improperly attached my door panel for some trim replacement and my door panel came off while I was up North in the middle of nowhere and couldn't get my door shut to drive home. I complained and heard nothing back. No apologies were ever given. Second dealership did a free oil change and scratched the shifter. Upon replacement they left screw driver marks on my plastic and chrome trim. Upon replacement of that they left a massive scratch on my drivers mirror and when they gave me the new mirror the paint colour was off and had dirt under the paint. Total fix time was 4 months. (Free oil change my ***) From all the research I've been able to find from multiple people is that you wont find a good dealership... ever unless you personally know someone who works there. Your best bet is to find a really good mechanic and get him to perform the work. Mistakes like wrong oil are rookie mistakes they should never happen. Its apparent there is no quality control in these shops. Specially on a 80000$+ ZL1...
SkySerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssBumbleBee View Post
Hey Claudio, it may be a little out of your way, but you could try Wilson Niblett (Yonge south of Elgin Mills). They do know a thing or two about performance vehicles
I agree, I never had an issue there, with a C7 or 6th Gen Camaro.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
ChildhoodMuscle

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I agree, I never had an issue there, with a C7 or 6th Gen Camaro.
Me too... I've had good experience with Wilson Niblett.
ChildhoodMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i do oil changes at my local dealer but for alignment i go to my local tire shop they offer a 1 year unlimited alignment for 120$ and do whatever specs i bring em
Old 10-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #8
C Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildhoodMuscle View Post
Me too... I've had good experience with Wilson Niblett.

I guess I'll have to try Wilson Niblett then.

I went in to get the refund for the alignment that the Service Manager, Christopher Fleming offered me and he said he would only give it to me if I removed the negative post on Google.

I couldn't believe it. For such a small amount of money, he risks even more negative reviews... as this has gotten me all fired up now.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #9
Tachitup

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE M6; previous 2018 ZL1
Goodbye Dean Myers
Old 03-04-2020, 07:30 AM   #10
C Man

Scammers got what was coming to them.

https://insolvencyinsider.ca/filing/...ers-chevrolet/