Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-10-2022, 01:20 PM   #29
Dbmason29

Drives: Mazda CX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewurzernator View Post
I don't know. it is uncommon to do this since I dont have an eta. I may have a payment come due before I actually have my new car.
How? You dont even discuss financing or anything with the dealer until vehicle arrives
Dbmason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:22 PM   #30
thewurzernator

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE RAPID BLUE
it was an employee purchase. so I had an invoice as soon as it was built. So we locked it in and that's that. my salesman has been talking to the shipper co. Jack Cooper and we are just waiting on transport. I am aware my warranty has started and my payment will be due in july whether or not the car is delivered. I assumed the risk knowingly.
thewurzernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:35 PM   #31
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbmason29 View Post
How? You dont even discuss financing or anything with the dealer until vehicle arrives
The dealer can sell the car as soon as they get the invoice from the factory. I bought mine two days before it left the factory lot in Lansing. That way I locked in rebates and special financing rates in case the car was delayed. Luckily mine got there in a matter of days, and I was able to get it sooner.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #32
Dbmason29

Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
The dealer can sell the car as soon as they get the invoice from the factory. I bought mine two days before it left the factory lot in Lansing. That way I locked in rebates and special financing rates in case the car was delayed. Luckily mine got there in a matter of days, and I was able to get it sooner.
Ok didnt know that. Me personally Im not signing anything until I see the vehicle at dealer
Old 06-10-2022, 03:40 PM   #33
thewurzernator

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE RAPID BLUE
Quote:
Ok didnt know that. Me personally Im not signing anything until I see the vehicle at dealer

I get it. I work at a dealer so I don't have any concerns about handling any issues once the car gets here.
thewurzernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:48 PM   #34
kag3232

Drives: 2022 2SS Vivid Orange Metallic
Quote:
I've already got my financing approved and preliminary quote for my trade...all the dealership has to do when I get there is a final walkaround of the car and plug in the numbers and print my paperwork...we did all that a couple of weeks ago and my car just got to the rail yard a couple of days ago...ETA at the dealership is Monday
kag3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:51 PM   #35
Dbmason29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag3232 View Post
I've already got my financing approved and preliminary quote for my trade...all the dealership has to do when I get there is a final walkaround of the car and plug in the numbers and print my paperwork...we did all that a couple of weeks ago and my car just got to the rail yard a couple of days ago...ETA at the dealership is Monday
Ok i have no idea. At this point all I know is my car was build on 5/18 an i have no eta an unless i contact my dealer i hear absolutely nothing. Maybe once dealer gets any kind of eta he will talk to me about financing. But im already pre approved through a credit union so most likely not using dealer financing anyway unless they can beat the rate I got
Old 06-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #36
Dbmason29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag3232 View Post
Also I noticed your car was produced 5/16 an its arriving at dealer monday. Mine was build 2 days later and I know nothing at all. This whole situation is absolutely crazy
Old 06-10-2022, 04:32 PM   #37
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
It’s a mad mad world out there … Chevy chat still tells me my TPW is 5/16 and the car hasn’t been produced yet. Am I running the risk of my order being cancelled or does GM actually honor what they say? Spoke with my salesperson and she said “Called DBC on Order BBBQ3T Case #: 9-7852136303. It is still at the plant in process of being built.
Could not give me a reason for the delay or when it will be completed."

Thanks China.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #38
Hankaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
LMAO. I picked up my car at the dealership on Wednesday. Here's what I received in an email from GMCACUpdate@gm.com today.

"Here is the current status for your 2022 Chevrolet Camaro order:

Your vehicle has been produced, released to carrier and waiting to ship. No eta. At this time, we do not have an update for shipping."

Well done, GM.
Hankaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #39
armycop71

Quote:
I bought my car completely online and had it shipped to my home in an enclosed carrier. I had a good salesman who did a thorough inspection and I got the car in perfect condition. It was very stressful though during the process. Crazy way to buy a car, but it's a strange market right now.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:57 PM   #40
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Financing through the dealerships was the way to go for quite sometime. Over the last few years. Now that the car market is the way it is, GM Financial and Ford are offering 0% for around 36 months. When you get 48/60/72 it is over 3%. Still not crazy, but credit unions are still the best rates now. 2-2.5% in Florida.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:00 PM   #41
armycop71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Financing through the dealerships was the way to go for quite sometime. Over the last few years. Now that the car market is the way it is, GM Financial and Ford are offering 0% for around 36 months. When you get 48/60/72 it is over 3%. Still not crazy, but credit unions are still the best rates now. 2-2.5% in Florida.
When I bought mine in Feb 2022, GM Financial was offering 0%/60 months, 1.9%/72 months, and 2.9%/84 months. Better than any rates I could find at any other CU or bank.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:27 AM   #42
NjaTrtl

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE M6, '06 Murano S AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
When I bought mine in Feb 2022, GM Financial was offering 0%/60 months, 1.9%/72 months, and 2.9%/84 months. Better than any rates I could find at any other CU or bank.
GM is currently offering 1.9% for up to 60 months until 7/5
4th - '86 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 - White
5th - '91 Ford Mustang GT M5 convertible - White
6th - '00 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - Rally Red
7th - '12 MINI Cooper S M6 - Chili Red
Last - '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE M6 - Rapid Blue
NjaTrtl is offline   Reply With Quote