Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
hero tail lights

I posted on the sub forum .photo's etc. but figured more people would see here. question: the hero sequential tail lights, how long do they last? any problems with them? the brake light lag I watched on youtube is not that bad between the third brake light and the sides. I saw a set on a 14' or 15' the other day and he was turning off the highway and the sequence looked bitch'n , any thoughts, comments, experiences, troubles, product reliabilities would be appreciated. looking for dependable long lasting product. thanks, the oldman.....
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
I've had my Hero sequentials on for just over a year now and no issues to date with them.

It's been my experience the light lag has a greater effect on drivers behind me. It's an emphatic double beat brake indicator that usually has the tailgaters BTFU. Very satisfied with them. Wish they would release the headlights.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
there is always a slight amount of brake lag between the center brake light and regular brake lights on these cars, but that's a pretty long amount of lag time. i never kept up with these since i have a 13 not 14/15, but that doesn't seem acceptable to me. i wonder if they have too strong of a resistor or something.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I've had my Hero sequential tail lights for several months now w/o any issues (operational or otherwise). Nobody has run up on me while I was braking, either in the city or on the highway.

City driving would be where you'd be most susceptible to any fender-bender action from the back due to the delay in the tail light brake lights, but I guess since the traffic is usually much slower in town, no one has run up on me yet.

I don't have to worry about tailgaters on the highway because...well, I won't incriminate myself.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
cool, thanks for the input from everyone lasting over a year. that's a good sign. usually that's a good sign with todays electronics. if they are gonna go bad they will do it sooner than later. what price and who am I looking for the best deal. thanks, oldman..
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
Dragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
cool, thanks for the input from everyone lasting over a year. that's a good sign. usually that's a good sign with todays electronics. if they are gonna go bad they will do it sooner than later. what price and who am I looking for the best deal. thanks, oldman..
Got mine at Phastek for for less than 5 bills. I think. It's been a year now and I don't have my invoice handy. Not sure if anyone else sells this specific model here in the states.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #7
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
That is huge lag from the time the high mount brake light comes on to the taillights come on. I would not feel safe with these lights. Also for the money, the signal could have been switchback too.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
That is huge lag from the time the high mount brake light comes on to the taillights come on. I would not feel safe with these lights.

I have no earthly idea why they designed these lights to have that lag (perhaps it was a design flaw?), and you'd think that it would be dangerous on the roads, but I've put about 1500 miles on them so far w/o any sort of incident. Not even a close call yet.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #9
Dragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
That is huge lag from the time the high mount brake light comes on to the taillights come on. I would not feel safe with these lights. Also for the money, the signal could have been switchback too.
Actually, not really. I measured and posted back here and did a stock light comparison here.

.64 seconds on the Heros.

The delay hasn't detrimentally affected anything I've noticed. I drive it every day.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Had these for a year now, and no issues in stop and go traffic. Also had buddies follow and they say they see the center brake light clearly so no issue and that the lag isnt that bad.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote