Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #29
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
When you take your car to a Dealer or wherever, you video the entire car at the Dealer in and out, you get with a manager and tell him that you took a video and if there is any damage when you pick it up it's on them. They will take better care and pass on the info to all who touch it (hopefully).

I never take my car in for anything, short of a massive major recall. No free oil changes for me. I'm sick and tired of Dealers and the like not giving a damn about others property. The next time a Dealer sees my vehicles, they will be traded in.

Op's post was deleted, but I think I know some of his story.

Last edited by Fatty1707; 05-27-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #30
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
I am dreading going back to any Chevy dealer in the LA area.

I've posted my issues elsewhere, but purchased my Camaro at Guaranty Chevrolet in Anahiem.

Paid cash. Car was delivered filthy and was not prepped at all. The next day I got an OnStar alert that the oil was low as well as the tire pressure.

So drove it back a day later.

A week later, the top crushed the 1/4 back panel, so back to the dealer.

Then the delamination of the glass was something I learned about here, back to the dealer.

Dropped it off and it was with them for 5 weeks. After I had dropped it off, they contact be telling me there was a dent in the passenger door. That dent didn't exist when I dropped it off.

Long story short, after some back and forth, they fixed it.

Pick it up after 5 weeks, and the top on the passenger side is not fitted correctly, I have not gone back to them and am scheduled for this week at Allen Gwynn in Glendale, which I hope can address these issues.

Another issue with Guaranty, was mine came with a windscreen. Problem was, and much to my dismay, simply did not fit. While there they wanted to force it in. I said no. Turns out it was a Gen 5 windscreen, they made good on getting me a gen 6.

After Hummer was shut down by the Obama admin, Chevy dealers took on that work. One local to me destroyed my transmission with a simple oil change. In the end they replaced the transmission, but it took 6 weeks, so that is a Chevy dealer I will never go to.

Hummer dealers were amazing.
Toyota dealers have been amazing.

Chevy? Hoping Allen Gwynn can manage to handle an oil change and adjusting the convertible top.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:14 PM   #31
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
I am dreading going back to any Chevy dealer in the LA area.

I've posted my issues elsewhere, but purchased my Camaro at Guaranty Chevrolet in Anahiem.

Paid cash. Car was delivered filthy and was not prepped at all. The next day I got an OnStar alert that the oil was low as well as the tire pressure.

So drove it back a day later.

A week later, the top crushed the 1/4 back panel, so back to the dealer.

Then the delamination of the glass was something I learned about here, back to the dealer.

Dropped it off and it was with them for 5 weeks. After I had dropped it off, they contact be telling me there was a dent in the passenger door. That dent didn't exist when I dropped it off.

Long story short, after some back and forth, they fixed it.

Pick it up after 5 weeks, and the top on the passenger side is not fitted correctly, I have not gone back to them and am scheduled for this week at Allen Gwynn in Glendale, which I hope can address these issues.

Another issue with Guaranty, was mine came with a windscreen. Problem was, and much to my dismay, simply did not fit. While there they wanted to force it in. I said no. Turns out it was a Gen 5 windscreen, they made good on getting me a gen 6.

After Hummer was shut down by the Obama admin, Chevy dealers took on that work. One local to me destroyed my transmission with a simple oil change. In the end they replaced the transmission, but it took 6 weeks, so that is a Chevy dealer I will never go to.

Hummer dealers were amazing.
Toyota dealers have been amazing.

Chevy? Hoping Allen Gwynn can manage to handle an oil change and adjusting the convertible top.
Guaranty isn't in Anaheim.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #32
CamaroSS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Guaranty isn't in Anaheim.
Really?

You took the time to respond?

They are 6 miles away from Disneyland which is Anahiem.

Regardless, they suck.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:29 AM   #33
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
And after reading all this spew and hate. You can not be surprised if all of us who work hard at Chevy Dealers say "Here comes another camaro AZZHole"
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #34
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 441bertre View Post
I worked in a dealership for four years and I would estimate you represent 5% of the customers that came in. The other 95% come in drop off their vehicle off and are just happy when they pick it up and their concern is rectified. Customers are quick to leave a bad review because of an experience they had but don't forget about the others that visit on a daily basis and Mr. Smith that has been going to the same place for the past 20 yrs that are complete satisfied with every visit.

We get it, you're anal retentive, and want your car treated like a Ferrari you didn't buy. If the technician gets in with dirty boots and gets the floormats dirty, its not the end of the world. They can be cleaned. Don't complain about their fingernails unless you're paying for a manicure.
Dealerships (including Chevy) charge some of the highest hourly rates in auto service compared to local shops, most over $100.00 an hour. Most Camaro SS owners are buying $40,000.00 plus cars. I think we have paid for the manicure bud. I’m not worried about a little dirt on the floor mats but some of the post here (if you take the time to read) are well beyond just a clean up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
And after reading all this spew and hate. You can not be surprised if all of us who work hard at Chevy Dealers say "Here comes another camaro AZZHole"
And if that’s how you start your mindset with each individual that pulls on the lot I would recommend a new line of work because your a big part of the problem

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-27-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #35
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I've been working with dealerships professionally for my entire civilian career as a fleet manager, and one thing you can bet on, money talks. At my current gig, we've found dealerships who want our business badly enough that we negotiated markup reductions, no-charge warranty extensions, etc, both Chevy and Ford. The treatment is excellent, and they are getting paid as a result. I figure the same thing happens once you buy a car over $100K.

I have been very pleased with the dealership I've used for warranty work, Stingray in Plant City, FL. They do a ton of volume sports and muscle cars, all kinds of exotics, so I guess there's a kind of "we've been there" adulthood with these folks. They replaced my right side mirror for free even after they said Chevrolet corporate probably wouldn't authorize it as warranty, so they have my personal business for sure.

That said, hopefully they don't wash my car for me, hahaha...
Old 05-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #36
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
expecting a car to come from a dealer with paint free of swirls, I've learned, is setting yourself up for disappointment. There is no way any dealer is ever going to "hand wash" hundreds of cars sitting on their lot. It's just never going to happen.
The local BMW dealer hand washes every car on their lot every day, I've seen it.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #37
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Handwashing can be worse than a machine. It all depends on how many buckets they use, how much rinse water they use, is it clean? What wash product? What towels and mitts?it’s all in the tools, not so much the procedure.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #38
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
I've been working with dealerships professionally for my entire civilian career as a fleet manager, and one thing you can bet on, money talks. At my current gig, we've found dealerships who want our business badly enough that we negotiated markup reductions, no-charge warranty extensions, etc, both Chevy and Ford. The treatment is excellent, and they are getting paid as a result. I figure the same thing happens once you buy a car over $100K.

I have been very pleased with the dealership I've used for warranty work, Stingray in Plant City, FL. They do a ton of volume sports and muscle cars, all kinds of exotics, so I guess there's a kind of "we've been there" adulthood with these folks. They replaced my right side mirror for free even after they said Chevrolet corporate probably wouldn't authorize it as warranty, so they have my personal business for sure.

That said, hopefully they don't wash my car for me, hahaha...
another vote for stingray.i bought my 2LT there as a CPO car and they have always done good work on it,in fact it hasnt been anywhere else.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:13 PM   #39
CamaroSS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Not sure that was directed at me, but I can assure you that going to any Chevy servicing, other than Jessup in Palm Springs, is the equivalent of going to the DMV.

From sales (barista's at Starbucks maintain more knowledge of what they sell) to service.

All seek to do the absolute minimum, as far as my experience is concerned. There is zero accountability. Zero.

My background is in advertising, national and regional campaigns, I have created for Audi, Porsche, VW, Fisker, Toyota, etc. On a local level, they stress service. This does not mean that anything the consumer wants is granted that is not within their right, but Chevy has no such mantra, they act like they are going out of business in a few months.

Everyone is waiting for 6pm.

Perfect example was simply asking how the heck can I install the windscreen. It did not line up. Was too big for the space. Service manager to tech's were baffled. They asked to take the vehicle in the back, outside of my view, which they then came back stating they could get it in, but would have to force it in and did not want to be responsible for the damage caused. Of course I said absolutely not.

I drove back to LA and looked to see if I could find the part number, it turned out to be a Gen 5.

As the consumer, I could have allowed the dealership to destroy the cheap plastic panels in the back and even more damage if I chose to remove it.

I mean, what other company do we have to go out and buy jack pads for to protect our vehicles from the manufacturers own so-called "GM Certified" mechanics?

It shouldn't be a battle to simply receive your new car cleaned, prepped and ready to enjoy.

The first 3 months of ownership, my vehicle was with the dealer for almost half that time.

Hard to swallow after laying out over $50K cash.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #40
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Professionalism from a dealer? I just received this “One year later!” e-mail from the dealer where I bought my 1SS. There was no signature, name or other identification, so I have no idea who sent it. This is the message in its entirety:

“This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program.”

Duh - a dealer that can’t use e-mail? I’ve never received a message like this in my life from anyone, but it doesn’t surprise me considering the car was delivered with numerous “dealer-installed” paint defects - plus the rear control arm splash guards and spoiler ends were still in the trunk. I knew these things when I picked up the car, and I easily remedied them as soon as I got the car home. The fire-sale pricing made it worth it, but this dealer will never see my car again. I immediately moved all records for the car (plus things like the free oil changes) to another Chevy dealer I trust, who was happy to have my business. (Obviously, not all Chevy dealers are bad...)
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:14 AM   #41
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUnicorn View Post
Nor did I exude any behavior of the such at my last visit.

Anal to one person is laxadasical to another. It really depends on your reference point.
You're trying too hard, bro ("exude any behavior of the such"). Reminds me of this:

Also, laxadasical is not a word.

Last edited by ohsmily; 05-28-2019 at 01:36 AM.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:48 AM   #42
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Many dealers and associates on here. Don't expect some of them to even acknowledge shoddy and dirty work is unacceptable.

Just live with it lol.

I have encountered a decent dealer, recently. They are out there. This dealer did leave some swirls on my car by washing it. I know, I know it's my fault, I should've told them not to wash it. I polished it and moved on. Such is life.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote