Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #29
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
If your buying a car new you have an obligation to get every option for the next owner. Thats just my opinion Im sick of seeing CPO's with blanker plates where cool stuff should be, sick of being subject to whatever the cheapskate mr moneybags that ordered the car new decided to skimp on! Damn 1%'ers!!!! Lets protest! #OccupyCamaro
Old 10-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #30
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Installing Home Link

Got the Home Link Kit from Gen5DIY.

Found plenty of stuff to help me get things apart, A Pillar cover, Fuse Panel is removed.

Having trouble getting the courtesy lamp assembly out. Found the attached service manual pages in another thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150233 but for the life of me I can't find the slot that I can insert a flat blade into to release the courtesy lamp assembly.

Anyone have a better picture of the assembly? I have to get it out of the O/H console before I can remove 2 screws to be able to pull the console and start swapping parts. I'll keep looking but sure could use an assist here.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:04 AM   #31
Dragonman

I have no idea how I managed it but, got the lamp assembly out and got it all put back together, successfully programmed and tested the HLKIT to my garage door. Still got the wife's door to do. Just press, at the same time, and hold the Homelink button and the garage opener button until the Home Link light flashed fast.

Aside from the trouble I had with the lamp assembly removal, and even after have it out and playing with snapping it into the console, I still don't know how I managed to get it out, the only other hiccup in the install was the recommended fuse panel connection. Where I was advised to insert the fuse extender disabled the trunk open button in the door and the key fob. I could hear the relay kicking but the trunk wouldn't open. Took the HLKIT harness out of F23 and ended up inserting it in F29. Everything appears to be working as it should. Will know more tomorrow after a drive to the dealer to get my TPMS relearned. I screwed up and pressed the reset button when I was checking things out and saw tire pressures being displayed as "--". I ain't spending that kind of money on a tool to do it myself.

1 mod down, several to go. Yeah I know, not really a mod but, gotta take 'em as I can get 'em.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #32
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
There's nothing like the feeling of making your car your own. Even the small things==and often it's the time, effort, experience that is more meaningful than the end result. It all adds to the pleasure of these cars. Thanks for your service; I was also AF; retired in '94 and just about ready to retire from Army civil service--2 more years.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #33
Dragonman

Home Link Upgrade Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
There's nothing like the feeling of making your car your own. Even the small things==and often it's the time, effort, experience that is more meaningful than the end result. It all adds to the pleasure of these cars. Thanks for your service; I was also AF; retired in '94 and just about ready to retire from Army civil service--2 more years.
Thank you for your service! You got a few years on me.

Little vid of the install.

https://youtu.be/6JOCWDuWzWM
Old 11-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenimitated View Post
yes, my 2011 2SS has it. I also have the GARAGEMATE app which is $50 for hardware and app is free and will run off your phone through Bluetooth. its pretty handy
Just installed my Garagemate, took all of 5 minutes. Well worth the $50 and I always have my phone with me.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #35
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Universal Garage Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmr2 View Post
Just installed my Garagemate, took all of 5 minutes. Well worth the $50 and I always have my phone with me.

My garage door opener that I installed last month came with Craftsman "assurelink" the app is pretty barebones but it works well and I get email alerts when the door opens and closes which is nice.

Last edited by 45thCamaro; 11-12-2015 at 05:39 AM.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote