Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
https://twitter.com/i/status/1436395016612614174
Old 09-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #226
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Vaccines, abortion, sterilization, or any government mandated medical procedure will fall under that mantra.
My body my choice.
It’s really that simple.
At least you are being consistent.

Both sides want to use the mantra, but only when it fits their agenda.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:13 PM   #227
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Pregnancy/abortion isn't killing 1100 people a day
You’re right, abortion isn’t killing 1,100/day. Globally abortion kills approximately 125,000/day.

www.worldometers.info/abortions (These statistics are reported by the WHO.)

There’s also a tab on that page for the COVID statistics that are being referenced by pro-COVID vaccine people here.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-10-2021, 08:32 PM   #228
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
As much as the flu is the same as COVID. They’re both medical viruses that mutate regularly. The point is that if it’s a woman’s right to choose what to do with her body and what or rather who is inside of it (pregnancy who), then why is it any different that you are forced by the government, employer, or anyone else that you have to put a new drug that has been around in it’s current state for 1.5 years or less? One might even argue, and not to belittle anyone who has experienced the traditional definition, but one could argue that being forced to have something enter your body against your will is a form of rape.
One problem is that some states don't allow women the right to choose what they do with their body. There are no laws on the books regulating what men can and cannot do with their bodies.

As far as the vaccine, the government isn't mandating that everyone get it. Just federal employees. If they don't like that then work in the private sector. If companies have the right to refuse benefits based on religious beliefs, examples include refusing to pay for health benefits that cover contraception, then why can't they require vaccinations for employment?
Old 09-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #229
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
At least you are being consistent.

Both sides want to use the mantra, but only when it fits their agenda.
My body my choice is perfectly acceptable. But choices have consequences. No one is forcing anyone to work for a company requiring vaccination. Plenty of jobs out there that will allow you that choice.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #230
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
My body my choice is perfectly acceptable. But choices have consequences. No one is forcing anyone to work for a company requiring vaccination. Plenty of jobs out there that will allow you that choice.
Wow! You kinda have that backwards. The companies aren't requiring vaccinations. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS! That should scare everyone. What will the government force upon us next? As a 40 year veteran of what was proclaimed last year as "Essential business" we were heroes. We survived. We did our jobs. Now we will potentially be terminated because we won't submit to one person's mandate? Personally I'll retire. Problem is there's no one out there ready to take our jobs. You think store's shelves are empty now? Wait and see if this passes Supreme Court constitutionality. Supply chains can't get enough help now to keep up with customer demand. Imagine what happens when/if this goes through. Lot's of early retirement to an industry already struggling to keep up.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #231
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Wow! You kinda have that backwards. The companies aren't requiring vaccinations. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS! That should scare everyone. What will the government force upon us next? As a 40 year veteran of what was proclaimed last year as "Essential business" we were heroes. We survived. We did our jobs. Now we will potentially be terminated because we won't submit to one person's mandate? Personally I'll retire. Problem is there's no one out there ready to take our jobs. You think store's shelves are empty now? Wait and see if this passes Supreme Court constitutionality. Supply chains can't get enough help now to keep up with customer demand. Imagine what happens when/if this goes through. Lot's of early retirement to an industry already struggling to keep up.
The government is requiring vaccination for federal employees. Government job government rules. They can work elsewhere. I'm a teacher, I'm required to have been tested for tuberculosis and random drug testing to get my job. If I didn't like that I was free to find work elsewhere. You should see some of the rules that apply to teachers.

You do realize that in order to go to public school you have to be vaccinated. You were most likely vaccinated as a child. What's the difference now?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:19 PM   #232
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Quote:
The government is requiring vaccination for federal employees. Government job government rules. They can work elsewhere. I'm a teacher, I'm required to have been tested for tuberculosis and random drug testing to get my job. If I didn't like that I was free to find work elsewhere. You should see some of the rules that apply to teachers.
And you knew those rules when you applied. I’m ok with taking a random drug test or a TB test. What I’m not ok with is the federal government forcing a vaccine on me by using my employer of 20+ years as the means to carry out the government’s will. This should scare all of us. My doctor and I make my medical decisions not the federal government. To your point of plenty of jobs out there, you are correct. My hunch is there will be many many more. Don’t be upset when your favorite restaurant closes or your local Walmart has empty shelves. At least you’ll be vaccinated.

2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #233
pyroguy

Quote:

You do realize that in order to go to public school you have to be vaccinated. You were most likely vaccinated as a child. What's the difference now?
You need to turn in any news outlet because last night Biden announced that he is going to mandate covid vaccines for everyone any way necessary. He's requiring for all federal employees, all healthcare professionals, and all companies with greater than 100 employees. Not only is this gross federal overreach, it's unconstitutional, and literal dictator behavior by circumventing congress.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #234
strykerg8gt

Quote:
And you knew those rules when you applied. I’m ok with taking a random drug test or a TB test. What I’m not ok with is the federal government forcing a vaccine on me by using my employer of 20+ years as the means to carry out the government’s will. This should scare all of us. My doctor and I make my medical decisions not the federal government. To your point of plenty of jobs out there, you are correct. My hunch is there will be many many more. Don’t be upset when your favorite restaurant closes or your local Walmart has empty shelves. At least you’ll be vaccinated.
The mandate only requires federal employees, federal contractors, and Healthcare workers whose company receives federal funding to be vaccinated. All other private businesses have the option to provide weekly testing instead of requiring vaccination. Walmart isn't going to require vaccination, but they will have to be tested. That's reasonable for a virus that effects everyone differently and no one knows how until they're infected. If the employer has under 100 employees, the mandate doesn't affect them.

Out of curiosity, are you against weekly testing also? If so why?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:45 PM   #235
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You need to turn in any news outlet because last night Biden announced that he is going to mandate covid vaccines for everyone any way necessary. He's requiring for all federal employees, all healthcare professionals, and all companies with greater than 100 employees. Not only is this gross federal overreach, it's unconstitutional, and literal dictator behavior by circumventing congress.
Employers with over 100 employees aren't required, they have the option for weekly testing. Are you also against that?

And vaccines are required for children to attend school. Is that also unconstitutional?
Old 09-10-2021, 09:56 PM   #236
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Rules don't Apply for some Apparently
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2021, 09:59 PM   #237
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Quote:
Employers with over 100 employees aren't required, they have the option for weekly testing. Are you also against that?
As my company is a large grocery retailer with 1,000s of employees we would be subject to this mandate. I Would have a few questions.
Who pays for the weekly testing?
Am I paid for the time it takes for these tests?
What else should the government require testing for?
There are plenty other communicable diseases out there.
Should they test for those too?
I just get confused that we worked all of last year during this “pandemic” without a vaccine and were deemed essential and called heroes.
Now we could face termination if we refuse one.
I’m a healthy person who hasn’t missed a day of work in nearly 20 years. I don’t need my employer or the federal government poking and prodding me on a weekly basis.
I am by no means an anti-vaxer. It’s just not what my doctor and I think is right for me.
My body, my choice.

2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-10-2021, 09:59 PM   #238
pyroguy

Quote:
ABSO-****ING-LUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AMERICA! We don't give up liberty and freedoms for a little supposed safety. We're supposed to wear masks because it'll keep you safe except it won't. We're supposed to get a vaccine that'll keep you from getting sick and dying except it won't. We're supposed to flatten the curve with a 2 week shut down except we're now 18 months into it. Where does it end? Where do we get back to life because all of this crap isn't life.
Closed Thread