Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Question Trouble Codes

After my car started a tad rough this morning and threw a CEL blinking a few times as I drove away from my house this morning but, went away in about a minute, I decided to check for DTCs on my gauges before I left from work this evening. The gauges first showed a P0110 and B2111. The former appears to be an intake air temp circuit issue and latter is one I've had off and on since I got the gauges and could check them and from the research is something to do with the passenger seat lumbar switch.

At any rate, went hunting to find the IAT sensor and finally pulled the MAF and after unplugging it noticed the IAT reading on the gauge went to 65K+ and figured the IAT sensor is built into the MAF. Proved it by using my wife's blow dryer on it while removed from the intake tube. Put it back together and cleared the codes and pulled them again and got a P0153 which appears to be an O2 sensor slow response issue. Checked the gas cap because one of the codes mentioned something about that P0153 could be caused by it being bad or not tight enough. Cycled through that into a P3111 which I still haven't got a definitive answer on. Cleared those and then checked them again after running the car a few minutes and got a C0311 and a P0000. The latter may be an all clear code while the former doesn't have a definition I can find. Hmmm. Cleared those out and now have no faults read by the gauges.

Most of the reading indicates I may have a faulty MAF/IAT sensor array and am thinking of buying another. Question for any and all that may have experience, is one of these fall in the snake oil category or worth the $80 off the $279.99 they normally go for over at Phastek? Had it in my build list there for shits and giggles for quite some time now. GMPartsdirect has standard MAFs for less than $60.00.

I am also much interested in getting an OBDII code reader, much like SummitWhite11 shows over here he picked up at Harbor Freight for less than a couple fingers.

At any rate any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dragonman; 01-28-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
Dragonman

Question

Okie dokie. Since I specified in my question "those with experience" and no one has responded I'll take that to mean no one has used an after market "performance" MAF and open the question to any an all with an opinion regarding that JET MAF over at Phastek.

Or perhaps I should just take the lack of response as no one thinks much of the claims this company makes of this "upgrade". Reckon we'll see.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I installed a Jet MAF long ago and its been working fine since. I reckon 100k miles ago or so...

Nothing to it. Works fine.

If you're getting a new MAF, a OEM one will work just fine too... but make sure you get a 'strong' one. They've got a code on them that differ the 'weak' ones. Lots of topics on this on this forum with a search.

Don't recall exactly why I ended up buying a Jet... maybe just the mod bug in me going crazy at the time lol
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
Dragonman

Sweet! Is it worth the $200.00 to install however?
Old 01-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

I think now that I look at it, probably not. The Jet's just seem to be the 'strong' MAF's. There may be a few other tweeks in it. You can probably get a 'strong' one for much cheaper...

This thread will help you with that;

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291436
Old 01-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Sorry... I just noticed you have a 1LT. Not sure about the 'strong' vs 'weak' on your trim... I guess if you get a Jet you know you're getting a 'strong' one if it applies.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
Dragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I think now that I look at it, probably not. The Jet's just seem to be the 'strong' MAF's. There may be a few other tweeks in it. You can probably get a 'strong' one for much cheaper...

This thread will help you with that;

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Sorry... I just noticed you have a 1LT. Not sure about the 'strong' vs 'weak' on your trim... I guess if you get a Jet you know you're getting a 'strong' one if it applies.

Thanks Spec. That was very helpful. I'll pull the MAF again this weekend and have a look see. I suspect it is the weak one and all the codes I got earlier this week lead me to believe the CAI I put on it is giving it to much air to read and causing the issue. Don't know as if I want to spend that much money if getting a OEM "strong" MAF will cure the issue for a fraction of the cost of the JET. Now I'll go read that entire thread and see if anyone discovered a sure fire way to get an OEM strong MAF.